User reported problems for Liquid and Mourta kernel goes here.

Guest Mourta

Guest Gkeko

Everything works fine, just mms aint working. Cant send or recive it. Also tryed the messenger from play store. Same thing. Anyone else having this issue?

Takling abut LS LP v4.0

Edited by Gkeko

Guest Mourta

Hi mourta!

Thank for sharing your work :)

I'm running your latest LS-LP-v4.0-2015-03-27-liquid_p880.zip and I'm getting random soft reboots, esspecially after restarting the device.

Clean Install and I'm using this Gapps: http://forum.xda-developers.com/android/software/gapps-google-apps-minimal-edition-t2943330

I've tried to catch some logcats, sometimes there are 2-3 soft reboots after device works normal.

Another thing is, that I only get HSPA Connection, not HSPA+ (please ask if u need further information)

Which governor / CPQ governor are you using and are you undervolting, if so how much and what variant do you have?

To get HSPA+ support just add these two lines to your build.prop:

ro.ril.hsxpa=2

ro.ril.gprsclass=10

I think i built that version before added them in the device.mk.

Guest Mourta

Everything works fine, just mms aint working. Cant send or recive it. Also tryed the messenger from play store. Same thing. Anyone else having this issue?

Takling abut LS LP v4.0

I'll test it out later, let me know if the problem persists and you haven't heard from me.

Guest Gkeko

I'll test it out later, let me know if the problem persists and you haven't heard from me.

Tryed it with stock app and messenger from play store. Aint working. Didnt try it with hangouts. 

Guest Mourta

Tryed it with stock app and messenger from play store. Aint working. Didnt try it with hangouts. 

Works fine for me but i'm using a newer version than you and the mms services have been updated since.

Either way it'll either work in the next version or it's a problem relating to your network.

What network are you on and could you provide a log?

Guest Gkeko

Works fine for me but i'm using a newer version than you and the mms services have been updated since.

Either way it'll either work in the next version or it's a problem relating to your network.

What network are you on and could you provide a log?

Am back on KK4.4 ;) Wait will flash it and try to provide some logs. My network: telekom slovenia, using 3g

Guest Brucki

Which governor / CPQ governor are you using and are you undervolting, if so how much and what variant do you have?

To get HSPA+ support just add these two lines to your build.prop:

ro.ril.hsxpa=2

ro.ril.gprsclass=10

I think i built that version before added them in the device.mk.

Thanks for your answer.

I'm using absysplugv2 & CPUQuit balanced via Trickstermod.

I don't know if the governor have been already chanced at bootup, as Trickstermod was set to wait 1 minute.

I haven't changed the voltages, tegra variant is 0.

EDIT:

Also had Problems with Internet Connection (without changing build.prop).

I only saw a "!" (WLAN & Mobile) and I got only sometimes an internet connection.

I attached another logcat, but for now I'm back on KK.

2015-04-13-20-35-05.txt

Edited by Brucki

Guest Mourta

Thanks for your answer.

I'm using absysplugv2 & CPUQuit balanced via Trickstermod.

I don't know if the governor have been already chanced at bootup, as Trickstermod was set to wait 1 minute.

I haven't changed the voltages, tegra variant is 0.

EDIT:

Also had Problems with Internet Connection (without changing build.prop).

I only saw a "!" (WLAN & Mobile) and I got only sometimes an internet connection.

I attached another logcat, but for now I'm back on KK.

Yes, this is a problem that only affects you, in fact i wrote it specifically so it would affect only you and not a team of testers or anyone else.

Either that or you are restoring some apps or data in some way (any way, titanium backup or whatever else backup) and that will never, ever work properly.

Wiping means clean install without restoring anything from any place, if you EVER i don't want to hear a word about the problems you have.

If you didn't and still managed to get a problem that an entire team of testers have not come across in three weeks time then i don't know what to say... Are you sure you have a 4x HD phone?

Guest Brucki

Yes, this is a problem that only affects you, in fact i wrote it specifically so it would affect only you and not a team of testers or anyone else.

Either that or you are restoring some apps or data in some way (any way, titanium backup or whatever else backup) and that will never, ever work properly.

Wiping means clean install without restoring anything from any place, if you EVER i don't want to hear a word about the problems you have.

If you didn't and still managed to get a problem that an entire team of testers have not come across in three weeks time then i don't know what to say... Are you sure you have a 4x HD phone?

Hi mourta,

I'm able to follow your simple constructions, I've only "restored" some user apps WITHOUT data and sms/call in xml.

So i reinstalled the hole thing (clean: no titanium&google backup...), but it was the same, I wasn't even able to install catlog :/

I don't know whats causing this, once i saw a logo that I've inserted no SIM (maybe defect SIM?), after that it reboots again...

I'm using latest TWRP.

It's ok to ignore that for now, maybe it solves itself.

Edited by Brucki

Guest NothingSerious

Hi mourta,

I'm able to follow your simple constructions, I've only "restored" some user apps WITHOUT data and sms/call in xml.

So i reinstalled the hole thing (clean: no titanium&google backup...), but it was the same, I wasn't even able to install catlog :/

I don't know whats causing this, once i saw a logo that I've inserted no SIM (maybe defect SIM?), after that it reboots again...

I'm using latest TWRP.

Are you connecting to a WEP network btw?

Guest Bleudovergne

Sorry for my english ..

your rom works fine, but I have a problem. The GPS do not work for me. :(

I used GPS for moutainbiking.

Thanks for your work :D

edit : gps just started, but is unstable

thank you again for your work

Edited by Bleudovergne

Guest NothingSerious

Sorry for my english ..

Thanks for your work :D

thank you again for your work

No GPS issues have been reported by testing, leave logs if you wish to get help on the matter.

Guest Brucki

Are you connecting to a WEP network btw?

You mean Wlan? No, i tried connecting to WPA2

Most times it worked, but sometimes i had no network (mobile&wlan)

When I've some time I'll try the Rom again...

Could it be Gapps related? Or because of installing with TWRP 2.8.5 and not 2.8.6?

Same for me in Austria, but on most Custom Roms. (I'll get no fix in minutes)

I change the gps.conf via the app TopNTP (to Austria/Google) and then it works fine (fix after some seconds)

Guest NothingSerious

When I open multitasking window I can see some glitches in recent apps. I can provide screenshot later if you need.

Known issue if you're referring to the graphical glitches. Don't know if it's getting fixed though.

Guest Mourta

Hi mourta,

I'm using latest TWRP.

Sorry for biting your head off but without logs and with no one that can reproduce the problem at all there isn't much i can do about it.

Guest Mourta

Known issue if you're referring to the graphical glitches. Don't know if it's getting fixed though.

Eventually when the update to 3.10 for the video patching is complete it should sort itself out.

The version you are running has the preparations for the upgrade but there is a lot of code to adapt and a lot of rewrites to backport my 3.10 video.

Guest Brucki

Sorry for biting your head off but without logs and with no one that can reproduce the problem at all there isn't much i can do about it.

Never mind.

So the 3 logs I attached haven't been useful?

I'll try it again when I've time, if its happening again I'll catch some logs with adb.

Guest Ankram

Hi Mourta, I've been using LS 4.0 since you released it and I've been experiencing some serious lag from time to time. (clean installed (full wipe) 2 times and no data/app restore) Also, it seems that after been using the headphone for a long time and then unplugging them and making a call, somehow mutes the mic and the sound, so I can't be heard nor hear the other person. I tried tapping the mute mic button, but then the phone rebooted itself. I'll update my post and add the logs later this day, since I can't really do it right now, sorry.

Edited by Ankram

Guest Mourta

Hi Mourta, I've been using LS 4.0 since you released it and I've been experiencing some serious lag from time to time. (clean installed (full wipe) 2 times and no data/app restore) Also, it seems that after been using the headphone for a long time and then unplugging them and making a call, somehow mutes the mic and the sound, so I can't be heard nor hear the other person. I tried tapping the mute mic button, but then the phone rebooted itself. I'll update my post and add the logs later this day, since I can't really do it right now, sorry.

Which governor for CPUFreq and CPQ? Do you undervolt or not?

The audio problem is very specific to some users and i've been working on a way to fix it for all revisions without having to backtrack on the development, a fix is on it's way.

Guest Mourta

Never mind.

So the 3 logs I attached haven't been useful?

I'll try it again when I've time, if its happening again I'll catch some logs with adb.

They would have if i wasn't so damn tired i missed that there was an attachment to your post. :(

Could you give me your content o f cat /proc/cpuinfo run in a terminal? Preferably in a file format as an attachment (cat /proc/cpuinfo > bruckicpu.txt) because i think i know what the problem is here.

As all developers LG buys chips from different places, wherever it's cheapest to produce at the time, which leads to different chip revisions. While all of those chips are certified to a certain standards they will inevitably fail when i push the code without taking into consideration that there is errata workarounds that are needed for some of them.

I have developed a kernel that specifically learns how to work on your specific chipset and sent it to testing but what i did forget was including a check for specific revision of the CPU.

Eventually this will result in a kernel that can check and apply errata all on it's own without slowdowns or lags to do it, but this errata has to be covered in the actual ASM load, before the kernel is loaded so if i can get enough of that i'll just write a simple script to check and install the appropriate kernel on that basis.

This also resolves the problems with the A9 Cortex workarounds, we simply don't use it because it's not needed if i can apply the correct errata in the kernel.

Guest Ankram

Which governor for CPUFreq and CPQ? Do you undervolt or not?

The audio problem is very specific to some users and i've been working on a way to fix it for all revisions without having to backtrack on the development, a fix is on it's way.

Sorry for the belated answer :/

I'm using abyssplug v2 51 ~ 1500,  CPUQuiet balanced. I'm not undervolting.

And this is my errorlog

Thanks Mourta! :D

logcat_and_device_info.zip

Guest Brucki

They would have if i wasn't so damn tired i missed that there was an attachment to your post. :(

Could you give me your content o f cat /proc/cpuinfo run in a terminal? Preferably in a file format as an attachment (cat /proc/cpuinfo > bruckicpu.txt) because i think i know what the problem is here.

As all developers LG buys chips from different places, wherever it's cheapest to produce at the time, which leads to different chip revisions. While all of those chips are certified to a certain standards they will inevitably fail when i push the code without taking into consideration that there is errata workarounds that are needed for some of them.

I have developed a kernel that specifically learns how to work on your specific chipset and sent it to testing but what i did forget was including a check for specific revision of the CPU.

Eventually this will result in a kernel that can check and apply errata all on it's own without slowdowns or lags to do it, but this errata has to be covered in the actual ASM load, before the kernel is loaded so if i can get enough of that i'll just write a simple script to check and install the appropriate kernel on that basis.

This also resolves the problems with the A9 Cortex workarounds, we simply don't use it because it's not needed if i can apply the correct errata in the kernel.

Yes, I'll send it to you as soon as possible.

Guest NothingSerious

Yes, I'll send it to you as soon as possible.

You can also do it with ADB (since you stated that before)

adb shell

cat /proc/cpuinfo > /sdcard/doesntmatterwhatfilenameyouuse.txt

Guest Brucki

Hi mourta!

Is it ok that now KK is running on my device for this file?

The content should be the same I think.

bruckicpu.txt

Edited by Brucki