[JB] [4.2.2] CyanogenMod 10.1 [ROM] [15/03/2015]

Guest fonz93

Every resolution is able to play with Mx player , that's how their decoder works !

This is the issue i reported before !

If i try some HD videos i played with stock or kk (of course with Mx player)it's total hang and it breaks something that i can't play anything after :O

Neither music nor video with Mx Player !

And where is the logcat..? you (all), just like to report bug.. but i am not jesus, at the first bug, all do a full wipe and then go back to their old ROM

You don't know how time i lost debugging to fix one of the streaming video problems and discover that could be fixed with just 2 lines...

Edited by fonz93

Guest CyberArtZ

Every resolution is able to play with Mx player , that's how their decoder works !

This is the issue i reported before !

If i try some HD videos i played with stock or kk (of course with Mx player)it's total hang and it breaks something that i can't play anything after :o

Neither music nor video with Mx Player !

Try Changing the decoder to S/W decoder in MXPlayer Settings. HD videos work fine.

Guest ZolaIII

Fonz the ThermalDeamon is much more than just for debugging!

The MX & VLC use they own video libs. Still the hardware without dedicated video buffers can't swallow decoding of HD p720 h264 H5.1 videos with decent bitrate without frame drops. Even MX do this with soft decoder.

Default libs are limited to h264 H4.1 profile (in XML). Why don't you check video first?

Well...i'm back with logs now :)

One is taken in stock for comparison and one in your CM10.1 ! (Same configuration same app same settings same video)

Same apk (i install it on all version but CM10.1 by Kra1o5 seems to be only affected=>I have no such issue with Expert v4 which is of joestone)

I had a success with replacing media_profile.xml and media_codec.xml from expert v4 to play it,you can compare them ! Unfortunately the ROM and xmls is lost :( although it would be in need of tuning ;)

Higher resolution is supported in Mx player with software decoding and i know that ! But switching to that beaks everything !

Edit-Forgot to attach the logs :P

Thatinstock.txt

VideoBreaksAll.txt

Edited by SH3H1

Guest matteussz_

What's the best governor + scheduler for this ROM? Battery is decharging by 13% hour if I don't even touch my phone, WLD doesn't show any unusual wakelocks. I'm using smartmax + deadline now.

Thanks I'll try it.

Why is it that the ROM always sets the max CPU freq to 1046? I want to keep it at 1008, but it automatically raises the value.

Chil360 did something to include this frequency in MP Decision, so may it force this frequency, i have to check the code

Guest FrankAxtell

1. what is the default configuration for cpu governor and I/O scheduler?

2. busybox is already installed in this rom?

3. i can update it? 

4. i can use performance control without problems?

thAnks

Guest FrankAxtell

Which is better: Performance Control or Trickster Mod?

And i can install Xposed Framework with this ROM?

Edited by FrankAxtell