Ask MoDaCo - the Asus Zenfone 4

Guest James Norton

Guest James Norton

Finally, Asus have brought their low and mid-range Zenfones to the UK and we have got the cheapest and smallest of the lot in for testing, the Zenfone 4.

Posted Image

This 4" WVGA (800 x 480) screened phone runs Android 4.3 with an update to Kitkat in the works and Asus' own rather pretty Zen UI on top. The most interesting feature of the Zenfone 4 is its 1.2Ghz dual-core Intel Atom Z2520 SoC. It also has 1Gb of RAM, 8Gb of internal storage and of course, micro SD expansion. One of the other interesting things to test will be using Android on a smaller screen, we are so used to seeing Android phones having at least half an inch more than on this Zenfone 4.

Please feel free to ask any questions about the Zenfone 4 in the post below and we will do our best to answer.

What would you like to know?

Click here to view the item

Guest James Norton

Do we have an idea on price and stockists yet?

Asus have confirmed the price as £99. I don't have information on stockists right now.

What's the GPS lock like.

I know my mediatek device takes ages to get a lock and then frequently loses it.

A 30 mile bike ride up hill and down Dale is a good test.

Guest James Norton

What's the GPS lock like.

I know my mediatek device takes ages to get a lock and then frequently loses it.

A 30 mile bike ride up hill and down Dale is a good test.

I have no intention of going on a 30 mile bike ride, however, I have just tested it while standing still and it is totally fine. I haven't heard of issues with these Intel device, but the MediaTek ones are well known for GPS issues.

Guest James Norton

How are you finding battery life? I understood previous atom based phones were pretty good for this

It is only average. Standby performance is good, but under any sort of load, the battery dies quite rapidly.

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.