Final Stable ROM for the G300?

Guest qwertyu123

Guest qwertyu123

Hello,

With the ending of the G300 Community life (many people isn't using this phone anymore).

After all the development that Daz and other pople have done for this phone I was wondering if we can do a ROM with everything working that could replace the latest official 4.0.4 B952.

I read many times Daz saying that the 3.4 Kernel we are using, targets Jelly Bean 4.1 Android version (CM10), so 4.1 should the latest Android that G300 can use if we want to achieve a "perfect" everything working" version.

At the time that CM10 was on highlight we had bugs that have been solved in later CM versions by the use of a newer kernel, etc... (I remember greenscreen camera problem among others).

Anyone knows if it is posible to backport the patches and kernel that has been implemented to CM10.1, CM10.2, CM11 back to CM10?

Currently I'm using kitkat 4.4 nightlies but they have some bugs and things that are not working (VoIP, Wifi Hotspot, etc...)

What do you think? Anyone knows an updated CM10? I tried to find the latest CM10 by Daz but I was unable to find it.

What exactly is your question?

What is the most stable ROM for G300? If so then I'd vote for GB - e.g. GBX.

Or are you asking specifically about the most stable CM 10 or other CM?

Guest qwertyu123

No, I already know GB is stable, and ICS is also stable. But GB and ICS are so old and doesn't have the advantages of later android revisions.

What I'm mean that theoretically we have the tools and posibility to be able to produce a JB 4.1 ROM which would be the most updated Android revision bugfree (or nearly bugfree) stable ROM for the G300. If I understood well Daz already said that 4.1 is the latest natively supported version for the G300 without hacks.

The fact is that when a new Android or CM revision is out, we forget of the old ones and we never achieve a stable version as we don't maintain them old ones anymore.

Just to summarize, is there any CM10 version with all the patches that Daz and others did for CM10.1, CM10.2, CM11  and 3.4 kernel applied on it?

Guest qwertyu123

badword this, the G300 can not be stable on CM10 and better.. Maybe is stable one or two day max. I use B952..

I'm pointing just this. G300 could be stable on CM10 (JB 4.1) if the patches we have on CM11 were backported to CM10 or AOSP 4.1.

The kernel we are using on CM11 in fact is from a JB 4.1 Android but it was never implemented on CM10 (JB 4.1) because we got it much later (Daz implemented the 3.4 kernel when CM10 was not developed anymore)

The kernel used on the CM10 ROM's is 3.08 from ICS. A 3.4 kernel on a CM10 (JB 4.1) would make it more stable and nearly hack free