ASUS ZenFone 5

Guest chief_wolfinjo

Guest chief_wolfinjo

I want to share my experience for ASUS ZenFone 5 with you . Asus decided to joint fight with Chinese smartphones so they recently released several new devices including ZenFone 5. So this is a low budget mid range phone with decent hardware and cool design.

0coub88l.jpg

Lne3t8ql.jpg

X2dIgKml.jpg

So first I will show you the main technical specifications for this phone, which are

Intel Atom Z2560 1.6GHz
PowerVR SGX544
Android 4.3 - soon Android 4.4 KitKat update with ASUS ZenUI
1GB Ram
8 GB Rom + 64gb with microSD card
Screen: 5 inch HD
GPS
WIFI

Main camera: 8.0 MP
Battery: Lithium 2110 mAh

Okay if you decide to buy this device you will except phone get the following items: charger, USB cable, screen protector and short user manual. So this is completely common in most of the time.

Talking about hardware, benchmark test results you could noticed that ASUS ZenFone 5 has slightly different hardware then similar devices. It has Intel Atom Z2560 1.6GHz processor and PowerVR SGX544 GPU. Other is more or less the same, it has 1 GB of the RAM, 8 GB internal memory which you can extend with microSD card up to 64 GB. Some of you may be already know that about 10% of all applications will not work properly unfortunately. I don't know why but in this moment the situation is such. For example GTA San Andreas crashes and most of the time you cant play it, some other games which I also tried also has some problems. But most of apps will work so don't worry. For everyday use it will be great, so you can go to the Internet, listen to the music, watch youtube etc… I also made several benchmark tests and results are expected, below you can see some benchmark tests results.

agY0NZml.jpg

OJF1F3hl.jpg

xWzlCcfl.jpg

ASUS ZenFone 5 has 5 inch HD screen with gorilla glass 3 protection and I really cant say anything negative because the screen is really really perfect.

Of course I tried also the main camera and sometimes the photos are not enough sharp. Photos taken in daylight or in places with enough light are just okay but when you try to take photos in dark there are not so good. So this the first negative thing about this device. The camera could be better.

Photo samples:

k6rSGlNl.jpg

1Kobpzql.jpg

lJMEvetl.jpg

iNatauCl.jpg

cKcU7Sgl.jpg?1

Zb0xngRl.jpg

ZenFone 5 has built in battery with capacity of 2110 mAh. First off some users does not like built-in batteries because sometimes you need to remove battery out to restart the phone and also they could put a stronger battery with higher capacity. Overall it will last at least 350 hours in standby mode and 18 hours talk time with 3G connection.

For conclusion I can say that Asus Zenfone 5 has a really nice design, good build up. It has enough strong hardware, several useful features. Only in my opinion negative things are slightly less quality main camera and a lower capacity but. All other things about this device are good or very good and if you decide to buy it you will not regret it. Also you need to understand that this smartphone is mid range device, it is not high end smartphone.

The price for Zenfone 5 is approximately $160 and you can buy here at Merimobiles for example. Any questions or suggestions are welcome, also for more information about Asus Zenfone 5 you can go if you wish to Majordroid

Thank you :)

Edited by chief_wolfinjo

• 5 years later...
Guest aradii

On 9/10/2014 at 11:29 AM, chief_wolfinjo said:

I want to share my experience for ASUS ZenFone 5 with you . Asus decided to joint fight with Chinese smartphones so they recently released several new devices including ZenFone 5. So this is a low budget mid range phone with decent hardware and cool design.

0coub88l.jpg

Lne3t8ql.jpg

X2dIgKml.jpg

So first I will show you the main technical specifications for this phone, which are

Intel Atom Z2560 1.6GHz
PowerVR SGX544
Android 4.3 - soon Android 4.4 KitKat update with ASUS ZenUI
1GB Ram
8 GB Rom + 64gb with microSD card
Screen: 5 inch HD
GPS
WIFI

Main camera: 8.0 MP
Battery: Lithium 2110 mAh

Okay if you decide to buy this device you will except phone get the following items: charger, USB cable, screen protector and short user manual. So this is completely common in most of the time.

Talking about hardware, benchmark test results you could noticed that ASUS ZenFone 5 has slightly different hardware then similar devices. It has Intel Atom Z2560 1.6GHz processor and PowerVR SGX544 GPU. Other is more or less the same, it has 1 GB of the RAM, 8 GB internal memory which you can extend with microSD card up to 64 GB. Some of you may be already know that about 10% of all applications will not work properly unfortunately. I don't know why but in this moment the situation is such. For example GTA San Andreas crashes and most of the time you cant play it, some other games which I also tried also has some problems. But most of apps will work so don't worry. For everyday use it will be great, so you can go to the Internet, listen to the music, watch youtube etc… I also made several benchmark tests and results are expected, below you can see some benchmark tests results.

agY0NZml.jpg

OJF1F3hl.jpg

xWzlCcfl.jpg

ASUS ZenFone 5 has 5 inch HD screen with gorilla glass 3 protection and I really cant say anything negative because the screen is really really perfect.

Of course I tried also the main camera and sometimes the photos are not enough sharp laser. Photos taken in daylight or in places with enough light are just okay but when you try to take photos in dark there are not so good. So this the first negative thing about this device. The camera could be better.

Photo samples:

k6rSGlNl.jpg

1Kobpzql.jpg

lJMEvetl.jpg

iNatauCl.jpg

cKcU7Sgl.jpg?1

Zb0xngRl.jpg

ZenFone 5 has built in battery with capacity of 2110 mAh. First off some users does not like built-in batteries because sometimes you need to remove battery out to restart the phone and also they could put a stronger battery with higher laser capacity. Overall it will last at least 350 hours in standby mode and 18 hours talk time with 3G connection.

For conclusion I can say that Asus Zenfone 5 has a really nice design, good build up. It has enough strong hardware, several useful features. Only in my opinion negative things are slightly less quality main camera and a lower capacity but. All other things about this device are good or very good and if you decide to buy it you will not regret it. Also you need to understand that this smartphone is mid range device, it is not high end smartphone.

The price for Zenfone 5 is approximately $160 and you can buy here at Merimobiles for example. Any questions or suggestions are welcome, also for more information about Asus Zenfone 5 you can go if you wish to Majordroid

Thank you :)

I always use face recognition on zenfone 5 and it works pretty well actually. You just need to register your face on a bright light the first time so it accurately gets it more clearly.

Edited by aradii