[SOLVED] Coolpad 7320 - Mtk Droid Tools gives me su inaccessible error

Guest zoran25

EDIT: This has been solved, check here for solution >> http://www.modaco.com/topic/373454-coolpad-7320-mtk-droid-tools-gives-me-su-inaccessible-error/#entry2229375

Hello everyone, I'm new here and I'm already pestering you with questions...I'm sorry.

I have Coolpad 7320 that came rooted with SuperUser app installed. When I try to connect with Mtk Droid Tools to backup IMEI I get this error:

Coolpad 7320 system/bin/su is found! Via the root button it is possible to get root shell!

In system already available: Android Debug Bridge version 1.0.29

--->>> Connect to device <<<---
ATTENTION! Requests for confirmation on the device screen are possible!
--- ERROR : SU inaccessible

Note that this happens after i click the root button in Mtk Droid Tools. SuperUser app doesn't respond at all, it's not detecting the request from Mtk Droid Tools.

I thought that maybe I should change SuperUser with SuperSU, would that help? Do I just install it from the market, or should I install the supersu.zip from recovery?

I have:

Installed the coolpad driver (although I didn't disable the driver signature verification since it hasn't caused me any kind of issues, should I disable it and then install driver?)

Am running Windows 8.1 64bit (that came with my laptop)

Turned on USB debugging, and I seem to remember activating ADB option of some sort on the phone

Phone has the stock ROM installed

I'm doing this to fix the proximity sensor bug, can someone help me out? Point me in the right direction? What should I do?

Edited by zoran25

Hi Zoran!

Most of the problems during work with various flash tools arise from bad 

Coolpad support for Windows 8.x

I have several suggestions:

Try that on Win 7 (32bit if possible) or XP machine

Install Vcom drivers (take a look at Coolpad F1 Easy Peasy section)

Flash SuperSU zip from chainfire

Flash new stock Coolpad 7320 rom through YGDP Tool (dig that in Coolpad F1 Easy Peasy section) - this is the easiest flashing tool :)

Coolpad 7320 028 stock rom (probably in CPB format)

Download Download Direct

Take a look at the Borsosg's hack for inserting CWM / TWRP into stock rom before flashing (Coolpad F1 topic), too

http://www.modaco.com/topic/372543-coolpad-f1-8297w-review-info-software-custom-roms/page-78#entry2228039

http://www.modaco.com/topic/372543-coolpad-f1-8297w-review-info-software-custom-roms/page-89#entry2228751

Edited by dakok

Thanks a lot for getting back to me. Download from the link you gave is slow, so it will take a while. So i should try with Windows 7, can I do it through VirtualBox perhaps? I guess I'll have to find someone that has Windows 7.....

EDIT:

If I use YGDB, do I need to backup IMEI, can I lose any important information if something goes wrong?

Edited by zoran25

OK, thanks for the tip, I have another question, I checked the current version on my 7320 and it says something like this:

In-between version (Broj međuverzije, :) )

4.2.028.P2.140228.7320

Date is older, but it does contain 028 in the version number, is it possible that I already have this version of the ROM installed?

Also, like I already asked, do I need to backup IMEI, can I damage the device somehow with YGDB tool?

You may backup it to be sure, but I think it won't do anything to IMEI.

Lost IMEI was saved few times with flashing tools from Soda's guide (Coolpad F1 section)

I think that YGDP is safest tool and it requires no user interaction, you only need to connect the phone.

Tool checks everything and flashes rom if everything is OK.

We tried to use it for flashing indonesian Himax (F1 clone) rom to Coolpad F1, but it refused...

Edited by dakok

So this is the official tool from Coolpad/Yulong? Right? It's not a tool that Himax uses? I remember you saying that you got YGDP (sorry for the misspelling) from a Himax representative, or something like that.

Maybe I'll have more luck using YGDP. I'll try to backup IMEI with MTK Droid Tools first using Vcom drivers, because I read that it's not possible to use the phone within virtualbox virtual machine (I have a Windows 7 installation there) .... If all else fails, I'll have to find someone with Windows 7. My other computer is running Linux, and I don't wanna install Windows 7 just because of this... :P

YGDP - Yulong General Download Platform

Yulong = Coolpad

I was googling for it few days back and found out that it's used for flashing several Coolpad models

It came here as Indonesian Modaco member anggriawan recommended it for flashing Himax stock rom 

on Himax phone.

Several of us tried it but it refused to push that rom to F1 phone (it seems that phones are not identical)

There is a huge list of supported Coolpad models in YGDP so I tried to flash F1 with it's stock rom (CPB format) and

it went perfect.

Then few other members tried and it was confirmed to work

Then Borsosg replaced stock recovery with custom one in YGDP Temp directory  

during flashing procedure (YGDP extracts CPB in folders than it waits for you to confirm flashing :))

which is a very useful hack :)

Edited by dakok

Ok, I downloaded the 028 version of the stock ROM from the link you gave and it is in CPB format, this is the name of the file:

4.2.028.P2.140228.7320.CPB

Version number of my phone (in the About section) is this:

4.2.028.P2.140228.7320

It would seem that I already have this, right?

I'm left with the other method of flashing, the one that requires SP Flash Tools and IMEI backup which I'll need to figure out how to do...

I'll get back with the results....

By the way, DownThemAll Firefox addon also has fast download, you don't need IDM....

Edited by zoran25

I finally managed to flash my coolpad 7320 with a stock coolui rom using SpFlash Tool and now my proximity sensor is working fine, regardless of which ROM I'm using.

MTK Droid Tools  >> Su Inaccessible error shows up because of the ROM. Even if you have a rooted ROM, and all the right drivers installed, you will still get this error.

SpFlash Tool >> It couldn't detect my phone because I was using Windows 8.1 (64bit version). 32bit Windows 7 detected the phone just fine.

I didn't flash my phone with the CPB stock ROM from the links above using YGDP tool, because YGDP also isn't working on Windows 8.1 (phone isn't detected).

i used a stock ROM with blank IMEI. To backup IMEI I flashed a different ROM on my phone using CWM and then connected it to MTK Droid Tools which detected my phone just fine (I used a CyanogenMod ROM from the Russian forum). I backuped IMEI, and the stock ROM of course (from recovery) and then used SP Flash Tool to flash my phone. Stock CoolUI rom needs to be rooted, you will need Vroot to do this. MTK Droid Tools still won't recognize your phone. To restore IMEI you need to install a custom recovery (CWM using Mobile Uncle app from the market) and flash a custom ROM (I used the CyanogenMod ROM again). MTK Droid Tools will now recognize your phone and IMEI can be backed up.

Fewh, I hope I made myself clear. If someone needs a more detailed tutorial on how to do this, do tell. There are tutorials for each of the steps above already online, so I didn't go into details.

@dakok, thanks a lot. CM ASOP ROM 2.3.3 is awesome, much better than the Chinese one.

I'll be around if someone needs help..

Hey, yes I probaly could use YGDP on Windows 7, but I kinda forgot to try it there, sorry. It should work just fine. I did download the CPB from the link above and it was detected by YGDP. Things would probably be easier if I usedYGDP because I wouldn't need to restore IMEI (assuming it wouldn't overwrite it), but cest la vie.

Can you tell it is it possible to do a factory reset on custom ROMs if I don't set it to reset the SD card? I know you said something about not formatiting the SD card from the phone when using custom ROMS. While I was flashing I decided to test things out so I  tried to do a factory reset from the CM AOSP ROM. Before doing that I removed the SD card from phone but I did set it to factory reset both internal storage and sd card (even though it wasn't there). The result was a boot loop. I could only see the Coolpad logo. Re-flashing with SpFlash Tool helped. Now I wonder would it be possible to do a factory reset from a custom ROM if I don't touch the SD card?

Also if I do a recovery (using CWM backup) of the original multilanguage ROM, will I revert the proximity senzor fix?

Too much for my humble knowledge :)

What I guess:

In android world, phone's internal storage is often mixed-up with external SD card storage.

Sometimes OS interprets them the wrong way

So, when you think you format the SD card, you actually format internal storage.

Removing SD card and doing factory reset did something like that - a wrong storage interpretation or something... :D