Mourta-Kernel-3.4 A new beginning [update 2015-03-12]

Guest Mourta

Guest Mourta

@gugu6827

yes, i too heared this of the last version.

i used this kernel with the 5.0 lollipop of mourta from the beginning, i proved all things(configurations, heavy games,music,images , videos,apps, entire days with the phone on) in this and for me its stable, dont gave me problems.

the only ones was temporals in the boot or what have an easy solution.

this is what im talking: the frequency and the battery works wrong, solution: install trickstarter mod, set cpu quiet to balanced and use conservative governor or abyssplug and if you want more speed decrease up treshold in the regulator of governor. problem solved.

i dont have sometimes network or mobile connection in the boot ,then go to settings, more, mobile network and change it for whatever you want. problem solved.

the icons dont have hd? install lollipop launcher from the playstore and have the same launcher but with HD.

and if you want a better game experience i use conservative governor with uptreshold 21 and max freq 1400 mhz with bfq planificator.

almost alls are problems of not much importance and what can be solved easily the others its really difficult to find them.

i used this rom and this kernel and no other and i can say what its like have an oficial rom but worked from the begining, this is my opinion.

postdata: i prefer the problems of the mourta rom than the problems of stock lg rom. if not would be stable i would not installed it, i waited for this version specially for what i see what dont have serious problems of no tipe.

Everything is XHDPI per configuration, no need to install anything else.

I still don't know what "bfq planifiqator" means but in case you are talking about the BFQ sheduler, that is probably the worst choice of a sheduler with a LOT of overhead and a load balance meant for desktop/small server with a lot of slow disks.

Use ROW or DEADLINE or MAYBE VR but CFQ and BFQ are not meant to deal with fast static memory disks, it simply isn't and i would know, my name is in the code.

Guest juantech

Everything is XHDPI per configuration, no need to install anything else.

I still don't know what "bfq planifiqator" means but in case you are talking about the BFQ sheduler, that is probably the worst choice of a sheduler with a LOT of overhead and a load balance meant for desktop/small server with a lot of slow disks.

Use ROW or DEADLINE or MAYBE VR but CFQ and BFQ are not meant to deal with fast static memory disks, it simply isn't and i would know, my name is in the code.

thanks for the info mourta, i will try the others.

for curiosity, would can be dangerous have this scheduler? i dont know nothing of the scheduler i seek only a guide what sayed what had performance governor with deadline scheduler and then i beggined to test this and others schedulers, but performance governor dont works with Trickster mod allways its working like default to 1100 this governor and i changed the minimum and max frequence but don t works with this governor in trickstermod.

updated: now im using VR how you recomendedme, thanks now works better than before.

yes i know what all is configured in xhdpi but a smaller size gives the feel of have the icons with more resolution, and i prefer the animations of lollipop launcher or stock lg rom, for this 2 things i use lollipop laucher, but i admit what the default slim launcher at the time of return of apps and tap the menu button is better.

Edited by juantech

• 2 months later...
Guest Rufo3

Hello people. It's been a while since I came here. Recently  I bought a bluetooth headset but even if it pairs with my phone I can't listen music (the player shows that the song is playing). I know that it is/has been a problem of this rom/kernel, so I would like to know if there is a solution.( I had the kernel of o2 sept 2014, so I changed with the last one of this td but nothing has changed, of course on Mourta's LS)

EDIT: After 2 clean install of rom and kernel seems to work

Edited by Rufo3

• 1 month later...
Guest moneyvirus

Hi all last post here is more than a month ago and i don't see any changes appear in the bitbucket account just out of curiosity you guys are still working on it?

Guest NothingSerious

Hi all last post here is more than a month ago and i don't see any changes appear in the bitbucket account just out of curiosity you guys are still working on it?

Mourta is back since yesterday while the repo was always private.

It's been a while since the last commit but there are around 600 applied so far.

Expect more progress from now.

Edited by NothingSerious

• 2 weeks later...

hi can i use this kernel in lolipop 5.1.1?

im now use rom resurrection remix...

Nope, the ROM has to be compiled with the kernel inline.

Maybe in a future release but you or someone else will have to rebuild the bootimage on your own for whatever ROM you choose to use it on.

I'm up and running and have some time on my hands now so there will be REALLY big updates soon.

Guest NothingSerious

Great to see stuff pushed to the bitbucket account it gives me the feeling you guys are doing a great job

Well, there's still video which is 600 commits currently sitting in a private repo.

Guest Mourta

The testing has been done and the issues that came up have been resolved so right now it's a question of rebuilding it with the fixes which will be done tonight so release is due tomorrow.

Note that it's a ROM and not a kernel and the kernel itself will not work with other ROM's unless they were compiled with this kernel.

This release does not include all the new 3.10 code because it's still in the middle of upgrading.

Guest juantech

really good news :) sure will be awesome your new rom guys, although i think i will wait until the new code version, the video update it seems what will be really good.

more than nothing because i was dreaming this during much time xD

prove the two at the same time will be more impressive yet!!!

camon guys you are doing history with lg 4x!!!, no one does so substantially updates like tegra 4 !!!

Edited by juantech

Guest Mayazcherquoi

This release does not include all the new 3.10 code because it's still in the middle of upgrading.

What have you done and what still needs to be done? (not asking for a time frame, but rather the features you have completed and what still needs to be done before you consider  a public release)

P.S. How do we turn off this damn MoDaCo WYSIWYG editor?

Guest Mourta

What have you done and what still needs to be done? (not asking for a time frame, but rather the features you have completed and what still needs to be done before you consider  a public release)

P.S. How do we turn off this damn MoDaCo WYSIWYG editor?

Take a look at the experimental branch, the idea is to upgrade all tegra specific code to last known tegra3 supported 3.10 and then implement the changes that won't affect that support (while sometimes implement things that shouldn't be supported by tegra3 but actually is) and then batch upgrade the rest to android 3.10 which should be easy enough (we don't actually have to patch upgrade everything, most of it is a straight off copying process and in many cases even the stuff we do use can be rid of x3 specific crap that is useless now anyway).

This would also mean that we would have one single patch file to implement so that we can move through kernel versions up to last known stable.

• Guest pinned this topic
  • 1 month later...

Had some problems with this ROM / KERNEL combination.

No deep sleep.

Solution is that you ENABLE back all google update services (ROM toolbox auto start manager or similar)

Then phone goes to deep sleep.
PROBLEM is that you have to repeat procedure every boot!
Any way to automate this?

Once deep sleep is working it is THE BEST KERNEL/ROM !!!

EDIT: I gave up on Mourta`s work. At the end, I could not get deep sleep after all. And every boot the android upgraded itself and eat 50% of batt. Could not solve non of this problems :( Waiting for santa :)

Edited by skrajni