Mourta-Kernel-3.4 A new beginning [update 2015-03-12]

Guest Mourta

Guest Mourta

Don't know about games, does it work with my 3.1.10 kernel? 

you mean the game ? yes but with lag 

and i think battery life is like always about 2 hours 

Yeah, well i can't reach into your phone and upgrade your hardware for you.

However, if you're not using my Liquid you really should, it's far better than anything else 3d wise with this kernel.

Battery life depends mostly on what you do with your phone, if you play games a lot that isn't a bad battery life at all for this phone.

Edited by Mourta

Guest greece4E

Yeah, well i can't reach into your phone and upgrade your hardware for you.

However, if you're not using my Liquid you really should, it's far better than anything else 3d wise with this kernel.

Battery life depends mostly on what you do with your phone, if you play games a lot that isn't a bad battery life at all for this phone.

i dont play game only to test the rom+kernel .. i use my phone ONLY for browsing and facebook no calls sms photo or game but i cant go up to 2;30 - 3;00 onscreen with your rom+kernel ... 

Guest Mourta

i dont play game only to test the rom+kernel .. i use my phone ONLY for browsing and facebook no calls sms photo or game but i cant go up to 2;30 - 3;00 onscreen with your rom+kernel ... 

That is bad battery life for ANY kernel/ROM.

Did you wipe everything, installed my latest ROM and this is all you got with just browsing?

The 3.4 kernel isn't optimized for anything yet, you can't expect much of anything from it except that it will feel much smoother in the interface and perform kinda epicly on 3d games in comparison to anything else out there.

Guest greece4E

That is bad battery life for ANY kernel/ROM.

Did you wipe everything, installed my latest ROM and this is all you got with just browsing?

The 3.4 kernel isn't optimized for anything yet, you can't expect much of anything from it except that it will feel much smoother in the interface and perform kinda epicly on 3d games in comparison to anything else out there.

i wipe everything and istal your latest rom but no good battery life ...

your 3.4 kernel run veeerry smooth and fast but lag with asphalt ....i try again your rom and kernel(s) and i come back with photos results ... except that your roms is very far from others ... sorry for my bad english

Guest Mourta

your 3.4 kernel run veeerry smooth and fast but lag with asphalt ....i try again your rom and kernel(s) and i come back with photos results ... except that your roms is very far from others ... sorry for my bad english

Don't bother, i believe you. The thing is, you can't use 3.4 yet and expect great results, the things i had to do to make it work and being stable is a great deal all in itself, it's pretty vanilla.

So use my latest ROM and NOT this kernel if you want the least lag.

There will be a load of updates ahead, basically, the 3.4 kernel is where IODAK started in 2012 with additions, my aim for this kernel is a solid kernel that performs well in all areas, but you're gonna have to give it some time.

It is stable and if you want more you can use any of the other 3.4 kernels. ;)

Guest Kajganic Krunoslav

Ok i flashed your rom and latest kernel. Few bumps and bruses never killed anybody :D. When i first rooted my phone and flashed rom i had 0 knowlege about anything(linux,windovs,android,recovery,ect...)all that i know is from my mistakes and my succes. I will giwe it a try because i belive this can be start of something great. And if i kill my phone i will find you and kill your phone :)))))

Guest Kajganic Krunoslav

Oh just in case if this latest kernel is a bit unstable (i really need my phone) where can i find better one(made by you offcorse)

Guest moneyvirus

Maybe your battery is exhausted? In my opinion mourta created already an awesome kernel especially this 3.4 version, keep in mind this is wip use it if you like don't use it if you don't, stop bothering us with problems that in my opinion doesn't matter in this stage of building this awsome kernel. when you have stability problems / not working parts like Bluetooth WiFi etc report with logcat and just wait

Just my 2 cents

Guest Giuseppe Vallone

Ok i flashed your rom and latest kernel. Few bumps and bruses never killed anybody :D. When i first rooted my phone and flashed rom i had 0 knowlege about anything(linux,windovs,android,recovery,ect...)all that i know is from my mistakes and my succes. I will giwe it a try because i belive this can be start of something great. And if i kill my phone i will find you and kill your phone :)))))

The 3.4 kernel really CAN'T kill your phone, it's f*uckin' stable, my friend! :D Just battery may be a little worse than in 3.1.10, but Mourta is working hard to improve battery life too. If you want to come back to the latest 3.1.10, just wipe system and caches and reflash latest ROM: the latest 3.1.10 kernel is built into it ;)

Guest NothingSerious

The 3.4 kernel really CAN'T kill your phone, it's f*uckin' stable, my friend! :D Just battery may be a little worse than in 3.1.10, but Mourta is working hard to improve battery life too. If you want to come back to the latest 3.1.10, just wipe system and caches and reflash latest ROM: the latest 3.1.10 kernel is built into it ;)

May I ask, what are the main benefits of 3.4 vs 3.1.10?

Guest greece4E

Maybe your battery is exhausted? In my opinion mourta created already an awesome kernel especially this 3.4 version, keep in mind this is wip use it if you like don't use it if you don't, stop bothering us with problems that in my opinion doesn't matter in this stage of building this awsome kernel. when you have stability problems / not working parts like Bluetooth WiFi etc report with logcat and just wait

Just my 2 cents

if you dont like stop read me ..i dont speak with you i speak with mourta.. i like it and i use it and iff i had problems or questions i write here to help me . if you cant just ignore me and stop be so aggresive

Guest moneyvirus

if you dont like stop read me ..i dont speak with you i speak with mourta.. i like it and i use it and iff i had problems or questions i write here to help me . if you cant just ignore me and stop be so aggresive

sorry but i didn't meant it to start a fight with you I think my replay is quite polite and I don't understand the aggression from your side, but I'll take your advice and just ignore you for the rest good luck my friend Edited by moneyvirus

Guest Kajganic Krunoslav

Like i said i flashed latest rom and kernel. I did a full wipe before flashing. And after 24h i can say that battery is a bit bad(not bad as i thinked it will be,and improvments will come so i am just fine dont get me wrong),phone is awsome,working awsome i found no problems for now and i say wery good job Mourta your magic is wicked :)

Looking foward to kernel updates

Guest telonius

Hello,

first of all great work Mourta on this. It makes a huge difference in performance and overall feel of the phone. There is one issue though which can be replicated.

When you plug handsfree and try to make a call both earpies is muted (not quite sure about mic since i don't know if the other end is able to hear). You have to unplug it from the jack and replug it to be able to hear.

After that if you unplug handsfree and try to play a music file the sound is muted and you can't hear anything from phone speaker.

http://pastebin.com/rEKeu25c here is a log of this. I open Apollo and try to play music. Audio is routed to 4 but i don't have handsfree plugged in at that time and so it should be routed to 2 which is my speaker phone.

If you see here

V/WiredAccessoryManager(  525): Headset UEVENT: {SUBSYSTEM=switch, SWITCH_STATE=0, DEVPATH=/devices/virtual/switch/h2w, SEQNUM=3831, ACTION=change, SWITCH_NAME=h2w}

That's the time i plug in the handsfree and can hear music through it. Then when i unplug it

V/nvaudio_hw(  164): Media is routed to :2
I/AudioRouter(  906): Audio mode changing to EARPIECE
Edited by telonius

Guest Krislv

Hello,

first of all great work Mourta on this. It makes a huge difference in performance and overall feel of the phone. There is one issue though which can be replicated.

When you plug handsfree and try to make a call both earpies is muted (not quite sure about mic since i don't know if the other end is able to hear). You have to unplug it from the jack and replug it to be able to hear.

After that if you unplug handsfree and try to play a music file the sound is muted and you can't hear anything from phone speaker.

http://pastebin.com/rEKeu25c here is a log of this. I open Apollo and try to play music. Audio is routed to 4 but i don't have handsfree plugged in at that time and so it should be routed to 2 which is my speaker phone.

If you see here

V/WiredAccessoryManager(  525): Headset UEVENT: {SUBSYSTEM=switch, SWITCH_STATE=0, DEVPATH=/devices/virtual/switch/h2w, SEQNUM=3831, ACTION=change, SWITCH_NAME=h2w}
That's the time i plug in the handsfree and can hear music through it. Then when i unplug it
V/nvaudio_hw(  164): Media is routed to :2
I/AudioRouter(  906): Audio mode changing to EARPIECE
I noticed some problems with it as well, I can confirm I had some troubles with calls with earphones

Guest macmarsyl

Hello to everybody,

first of all I wish to thank Mourta for his great job. The kernel is very stable and smooth: I installed it on my Mokee rom and I noticed a huge performance raising. Everything I used works flawlessly and the battery life didn't decrease so much as well. The only (very little anyway) issue I experienced is some occasional tearings in the home screen. Someone else found this problem? There are some settings I can manipulate in order to get rid of that?

Thanks in advance.

Hello to everybody,

first of all I wish to thank Mourta for his great job. The kernel is very stable and smooth: I installed it on my Mokee rom and I noticed a huge performance raising. Everything I used works flawlessly and the battery life didn't decrease so much as well. The only (very little anyway) issue I experienced is some occasional tearings in the home screen. Someone else found this problem? There are some settings I can manipulate in order to get rid of that?

Thanks in advance.

This will happen on ROM's that use the P880 blobs, it's not something i'll fix before we've reached a fully featured version that is usable in my own ROM.

Eventually we'll move on to Android L and there is a good chance that Grouper will be getting support for it while our device most certainly will not (it's not supported in anything after 4.2.2 really) so I'm determined to fix the remaining issues with that instead of going back to our old blobs.

Hello,

If you see here

V/WiredAccessoryManager(  525): Headset UEVENT: {SUBSYSTEM=switch, SWITCH_STATE=0, DEVPATH=/devices/virtual/switch/h2w, SEQNUM=3831, ACTION=change, SWITCH_NAME=h2w}

V/nvaudio_hw(  164): Media is routed to :2
I/AudioRouter(  906): Audio mode changing to EARPIECE

Should be fixed already, i'll ask the testers to test it. Thanks for the heads up. :)

Guest macmarsyl

This will happen on ROM's that use the P880 blobs, it's not something i'll fix before we've reached a fully featured version that is usable in my own ROM.

Eventually we'll move on to Android L and there is a good chance that Grouper will be getting support for it while our device most certainly will not (it's not supported in anything after 4.2.2 really) so I'm determined to fix the remaining issues with that instead of going back to our old blobs.

Thank you for your quick reply!

I imagined that your kernel would reach the full compatibility with your rom before, so I already planned the change ;)!

However, apart this minor issue, it works very well also in my old firmware: by far beyond my expectations.

Good weekend and thanks again!

The amount of performance this kernel brings amazing. Its never been so smooth.

It gets even better. ;)

Last round of updates brings us up to date with EDP and way more than up to date on cpuquiet (direct update via Nvidia patch sets to 3.10) not to mention that the update to 3.4.104 makes the kernel fully updated inline with the latest Linux kernel.

This also fixes the remaining bluetooth problems (i transfer files to and from my computer with no problem).

It's in testing, if all goes well it will be released in a few days.