LiquidSmooth 3.2 featuring Mourta-Kernel 3.4.x (updated 2014-10-15)

Guest Mourta

Guest EnQeen

To be honest, for me the latest BlissPop v3.2 is the way better ROM than the actual LS ROM. Just Mourta's kernel is great as usual. [emoji106]

Are you using version with QuickBoot or without ?

Guest tool_king

Are you using version with QuickBoot or without ?

The one without. But I didn't give the other version a try yet. Well, enough off topic talk. [emoji6]

Guest Mourta

To be honest, for me the latest BlissPop v3.2 is the way better ROM than the actual LS ROM. Just Mourta's kernel is great as usual. [emoji106]

BOSP was dismissed because of a spyware problem and all of that was dealt with underneath the user surface.

It's really not a great idea either, there is nothing in it that you can't just download and having a massive source doesn't really give you the flexibility to adapt anything.

In the case of BOSP-LP, it's a complete joke.

Besidees, it's just Slim with a bunch of pre-installed crap.

Edited by Mourta

Guest tool_king

BOSP was dismissed because of a spyware problem and all of that was dealt with underneath the user surface.

It's really not a great idea either, there is nothing in it that you can't just download and having a massive source doesn't really give you the flexibility to adapt anything.

In the case of BOSP-LP, it's a complete joke.

Besidees, it's just Slim with a bunch of pre-installed crap.

Of course, I respect your opinion as you are a dev and I'm just a bloody user. Nevertheless I'm using this ROM over there ( http://forum.xda-developers.com/showthread.php?p=59137133 ) for some days now. It's smooth, stable and has quite good battery life. That's just a fact.

Guest Mourta

Of course, I respect your opinion as you are a dev and I'm just a bloody user. Nevertheless I'm using this ROM over there ( http://forum.xda-developers.com/showthread.php?p=59137133 ) for some days now. It's smooth, stable and has quite good battery life. That's just a fact.

I can't argue with anything here because it will just make me seem like a bitch dissing another developers work (a developer who is a friend of mine at that) so suffice to say, i stand by what i said in general and with an outdated kernel missing well over 3 000 security updates especially.

Guest EnQeen

I can't argue with anything here because it will just make me seem like a bitch dissing another developers work (a developer who is a friend of mine at that) so suffice to say, i stand by what i said in general and with an outdated kernel missing well over 3 000 security updates especially.

If you have such kind of a driend why don't you work together on something really BIG ? 

Also , does anybody from devs on xda support your work and mindset ?

Guest Mourta

If you have such kind of a driend why don't you work together on something really BIG ? 

Also , does anybody from devs on xda support your work and mindset ?

Well, he's not actually a programmer, he uses the code produced by others to compile ROM's.

No. It was made clear to me that someone who knows how to program C and actually put out any major changes apart from just implementing others work was not welcome.

Mainly this is just my hobby project, i'm writing for my own phone and sharing it.

Guest juantech

@gugu6897

The lastest version of liquid smooth rom is the liquid smooth 4.0, this thread is of the 3.2, if you want all the updated things, install liquid smooth 4.0 and the last version of the kernel following minuciously the instructions of mourta if you don t want have problems.

• 2 weeks later...
Guest Mourta

Do you prever the 3.2 or the 4.0 version? Yes I know mourta do the best for all two versions...

Let's not kid ourselves here, you'll never have a faster version than the 3.2.

I have been thinking about going back and revising it to make one version that blows everything else out of the water where i use everything new in the kernel and some of the things from 5.0 and 5.1 to make one helluva speed freak of a ROM.

Some choices that have been made in later versions of the code are choices that i hope they will someday justify, until that happens, we'll have to live with half arsed code fixes for ALL devices.

• 2 weeks later...

I am looking around for the ultimative rom for our p880. After several installations and tests I really find a final stable version I'm searching for. 4.4.4 grouper blobs, all bugs fixed, fast as hell and last updated for two weeks with amazing features. This will be my final rom. I don't know if it's ok if I post the link here. I respect mourtas work. If you don't need lollipop already it is worth to look a little bit around, or wait for mourtas next mega release... coming soon!?

May be you could send me your ROM informations via PM? Which kernel do you use with this ROM? Thanks in advance!

Guest juantech

I am looking around for the ultimative rom for our p880. After several installations and tests I really find a final stable version I'm searching for. 4.4.4 grouper blobs, all bugs fixed, fast as hell and last updated for two weeks with amazing features. This will be my final rom. I don't know if it's ok if I post the link here. I respect mourtas work. If you don't need lollipop already it is worth to look a little bit around, or wait for mourtas next mega release... coming soon!?

If you finded such a great rom, please dont doubt of create a thread and share with us, we would be happy of know more about it and can prove it :)

its compatble with mhl cable? have the mourta kernel?

• 1 month later...
Guest Mourta

Let's not kid ourselves here, you'll never have a faster version than the 3.2.

I have been thinking about going back and revising it to make one version that blows everything else out of the water where i use everything new in the kernel and some of the things from 5.0 and 5.1 to make one helluva speed freak of a ROM.

Some choices that have been made in later versions of the code are choices that i hope they will someday justify, until that happens, we'll have to live with half arsed code fixes for ALL devices.

There will be a new KitKat version.

Because i can.

Guest Mourta

deleted…

Really?

I would love to know more about this ROM and Kernel and you aren't doing me any favours by deleting your praise for it without even telling us about it.

I can upgrade my kernel with things, i can use others stuff to make things better.

It's just that up until now i have found nothing useful among the other devs on anything but the standard stuff that is basically just a clone off of the device tree that others like Kholk once built and i've been the only one giving credit to him throughout everything (check the credits in the kernel if nothing else).

• 2 months later...
Guest AlessioRock

Hey there :)

A big thanks to Mourta! Your KK 3.2 LS is absolutely the SMOOTHEST I've ever tried.

Just ONE question: have you fixed the QR code bug related to N7 blobs? Is there any Fix to install?

I simply need the capability to scan QR codes because I use Whatsapp from the PC and it's needed.

Hey there :)

A big thanks to Mourta! Your KK 3.2 LS is absolutely the SMOOTHEST I've ever tried.

Just ONE question: have you fixed the QR code bug related to N7 blobs? Is there any Fix to install?

I simply need the capability to scan QR codes because I use Whatsapp from the PC and it's needed.

It's on the list of things to do but right now the testing team is busy with SlimRom 5.1.1 while i am busy upgrading the kernel to 3.10 to match the video updates that NothingSerious have applied.

In reality, there is only so much time in the day and i'm taking the weekend off so we'll see when testing is done.

After that release i'm considering moving back to KK because that is the last version i consider properly supported by the hardware we have. Of course, bringing the ART from LP into KK is something to consider too.

BTW, QR & Barcode scanner from Play store does work.

• 3 months later...

I installed this ROM after a while.
I rebooted a couple of times to be sure everything gets set up correctly (powered off too), and all was working except for audio. Specifically, if I try to mute the microphone during a call, the phone reboots itself. Attached is a log. Audio is the default provided ViPER4Android FX v2.3.3.0.

Additionally, it doesn't go into deep sleep any more (using max frequence set to 1500 MHz, min 51MHz, Governor: well, I tried conservative, abyssplugv2 and interactive, no luck, cpuquiet governor all).
The kernel is 3.4.105-MourtaKernel+.

Probably I should move to your more recent LiquidSmooth with Android Lollipop, but it seems heavier to me.

logcat

On 2016-01-16 at 3:42 PM, Alogim said:

I installed this ROM after a while.
I rebooted a couple of times to be sure everything gets set up correctly (powered off too), and all was working except for audio. Specifically, if I try to mute the microphone during a call, the phone reboots itself. Attached is a log. Audio is the default provided ViPER4Android FX v2.3.3.0.

Additionally, it doesn't go into deep sleep any more (using max frequence set to 1500 MHz, min 51MHz, Governor: well, I tried conservative, abyssplugv2 and interactive, no luck, cpuquiet governor all).
The kernel is 3.4.105-MourtaKernel+.

Probably I should move to your more recent LiquidSmooth with Android Lollipop, but it seems heavier to me.

logcat

It's abandoned and no new development will be made.

If you are looking for a 4.4 that works then i have one coming, cherrypicked and ready for prime time with an assembly of code from several different projects and a shiny new 3.10 kernel.

• 2 months later...
Guest Alogim
On 18/01/2016 at 7:56 AM, Mourta said:

If you are looking for a 4.4 that works then i have one coming, cherrypicked and ready for prime time with an assembly of code from several different projects and a shiny new 3.10 kernel.

I'm looking forward for this.

• 2 months later...
Guest Mourta
On 2016-04-09 at 3:50 PM, Alogim said:

I'm looking forward for this.

I've been away quite some time but it's been for a good cause.

Vanir 6.0.1 released tomorrow, in a day or so there will be a release of a ROM made out of three other ROM's, basically cherrypicked 4.4 and 6.0.1 stuff so we can return to something fast as hell and only using the best of the new stuff.

I'm done with the actual kernel stuff and it works as i wanted it to with the Tegra 4 stuff and since the drivers are universal, they are up to date.