New Phone ??

Guest luca020400

Guest ZolaIII

I will write SoC & spec... Best brand is the one that give it to you for affordable price with solid build quality.

SoC: MT8752/MT6752 (MTK) 8x A53 up to 2 GHz & MALI T760MP2 with LTE 4G x2

Mem: 2GB

NAND integrated storage: 16GB (4 ROM, 6 apps & 6 storage) with additional SD card storage.

Display: 5-5.5" 720p (with stretch resistance protection).

Battery: 2500-3000 mAha (Removable!!!).

Cameras; back 13 MP (Sony), front 5 MP.

Estimated price: 150 US $ (plastic unibody straightened ram).

Estimated availability: in range of two months.

This is naturally a budget device recommendation even I think it will satisfy anybody's need for anything even its not a mean game machine it will do even that considerable good with this resolution.

Its time to lay a nail in Qualcomm coffin as S410 & 615 are really bad compared to this.

Edited by ZolaIII

Nexus 6 ??

It's a phablet

Ooopss, missed last news about it:S

Then Nexus 5, that a perfect phone for me.

And that motorola you talking about, what a great phone too, they got better and better as they got bought by Google :D

Edited by krux3r

Guest spanitzer

I will buy Motorola Moto G 2014

5" HD Screen

Snapdragon 400 4x 1.2GHz

Adreno 305

1GB RAM

8MP Backcamera

Android 4.4.4 with a fast Android 5.0 Update :)

Guest ZolaIII

Big Little ??

No real octa core even you won't see a real benefit from rest 4 cores in 90% usage scenarios. I do feel that one or two A53s so hi clocked compared to competition socs (S615 big (1.5GHz) little (1GHz)) will offer more than decent performance in single - dual threaded apps (99% apps including browsing). Would actually like more two more T760 clusters then those additional CPU cores but Chinese are slow learners when it comes to this. I still think that big little is just waist of silicon.

You want tablet with phone abilities?

Take look at this even 1080p is a overkill for this GPU rest is fully in line with what I wrote:

http://www.ainol-novo.com/cube-t7-4g-lte-tablet-64bit-mt8752-octa-core-7-inch-cortex-a53-android-4-4.html

We will see what will Intel bring to the table by the mid of next year as I still favor imagination tech GPUs with a good reason & Intel is forced to go with lo pricing.

Guest ZolaIII

I don't like nor Google nor Motorola nor they vanilla alike served Android. Long live AOSP! Hopefully we will have Ubuntu in all flavors soon so that & some real productivity is possible to be done with new phablet tablet alike devices.

Did you know that new Denver cores achieve a 66% of Haswells (i5) performance & are faster then Kaveri cores? More than enough to run a full OS. ;)

Edited by ZolaIII

Guest ZolaIII

Denver cores are found at Nv's K1 64 bit SoC & kavery on last high end AMD APUS.

For the end I want to show you the sneak peek at what will be the future of computing.

Even this can be considered as one of the first full systems on a PCI-E card it still can't be considered as SoC largely as their is no capable player in whole industry that can do all blocks & most of the ones used in this particular case are not licensable as IP's. This with licensing will probably change & we will have more firm's working on similar business models like Imagination tech & ARM.

& OCL will be supplemented with OVX (again closer to metal).

http://coloradoengineeringinc.com/2014/10/09/fpga-accelerator-card-altera-arria-10-opencl-cuda-support/

Guest lucap00

Denver cores are found at Nv's K1 64 bit SoC & kavery on last high end AMD APUS.

For the end I want to show you the sneak peek at what will be the future of computing.

Even this can be considered as one of the first full systems on a PCI-E card it still can't be considered as SoC largely as their is no capable player in whole industry that can do all blocks & most of the ones used in this particular case are not licensable as IP's. This with licensing will probably change & we will have more firm's working on similar business models like Imagination tech & ARM.

& OCL will be supplemented with OVX (again closer to metal).

http://coloradoengineeringinc.com/2014/10/09/fpga-accelerator-card-altera-arria-10-opencl-cuda-support/

Then you want a device with real octa core, where each core work contemporanely, right? if i'm not wrong, on xda someone post a mod to do it on s4 exynos edition, i read it a year ago, but maybe i remember wrong. however I agree with you, this is the revolution that i wait, not a stupid octa core big.little, but apps must update to use all this power. i wait that day...

Guest moochermick

Impresions?

Way better than g510, knock on screen to wake is the best idea ever.

Lg have included a few things that normally require a custom rom or third party app e.g. spoken text, % battery in status bar. Remote control/ ir blaster is handy but a little limited, camera is decent, screen is ok but color is a little "washed".notification dropdown is different but quite useful.

I paid £160 for the lg but when you consider the g510 was £140+£10 topup it's not too bad, certainly better spec.

Rooted easily with towelroot, not yet unlocked bootloader as i'm happy with stock at the moment.