New Phone ??

Guest luca020400

Guest jonmac73

anyone give some real world experience ?

am torn between huawei y550, g620 or Moto G.

Can get y550 in UK for £55, others are 100 +.

Thanks in advance

Edited by jonmac73

Guest ZolaIII

Update : Micromax Announced a S615 based phone accompanied with CyaogenMod(Wow) @ $145 !

64bit Armv8 1.5GH octa core with 2GB RAM

Adreno 405

13MP camera + 5MP front

4G ready

:O :O :O :O :O :O

I wanna know your opinion @Zolalll

http://gadgets.ndtv.com/mobiles/news/yu-yureka-with-64-bit-octa-core-soc-cyanogen-os-launched-at-rs-8999-636439

It's OK, will probably have some development by the end of 2015 it will be hard to get out of India. S615 is competitive with A405 GPU, CPU is different story but it will work well.

The Xiomi Redmi Note S1 (world wide S400 version) got kernel source published couple days ago.

I will still probably go for Jiayu S3 advanced & I don't care for lack of MTK sources & that I will have to use stock flame.

Edited by ZolaIII

Guest luca020400

It's OK, will probably have some development by the end of 2015 it will be hard to get out of India. S615 is competitive with A405 GPU, CPU is different story but it will work well.

The Xiomi Redmi Note S1 (world wide S400 version) got kernel source published couple days ago.

I will still probably go for Jiayu S3 advanced & I don't care for lack of MTK sources & that I will have to use stock flame.

Welcome back ZolaIII <3

Guest ZolaIII

& it seams we have a winer!

http://www.androidauthority.com/asus-zenfone-2-zenfone-zoom-specs-features-price-578013/

As this one will be world wide available & with kernel source promptly available. Still I am not that much happy with X86 Atom's nor now old 22nm lithography, it will eat a little more battery but what hell GPU is faster than in iPhone 5S.The Imagination is hated in all Linux circle's so don't expect Ubuntu or anything like that.

With price of 190$ to 250$ this one is from budget to lower mid range but you have to love choice they are giving you. :)

In deep what do you get & how fast it really is:

http://www.anandtech.com/show/7789/intel-talks-merrifield-moorefield-and-lte-at-mwc-2014

One years annually old now but kicking! ;)

Don't lay a high hopes that when he gain some traction Intel will continue with lo pricing of future SoC's!

All the best & see you!

Edited by ZolaIII

Guest luca020400

& it seams we have a winer!

http://www.androidauthority.com/asus-zenfone-2-zenfone-zoom-specs-features-price-578013/

As this one will be world wide available & with kernel source promptly available. Still I am not that much happy with X86 Atom's nor now old 22nm lithography, it will eat a little more battery but what hell GPU is faster than in iPhone 5S.The Imagination is hated in all Linux circle's so don't expect Ubuntu or anything like that.

With price of 190$ to 250$ this one is from budget to lower mid range but you have to love choice they are giving you. :)

In deep what do you get & how fast it really is:

http://www.anandtech.com/show/7789/intel-talks-merrifield-moorefield-and-lte-at-mwc-2014

One years annually old now but kicking! ;)

Don't lay a high hopes that all when he gain some traction Intel will continue with lo pricing!

All the best & see you!

The new zenfone is great

Here in Italy 2gb version 199 ( min)

I don't know the 4gb variant ( probably 390 arg )

And is too big :/

Guest luca020400

This is not commercial yet it's literarily being presented right now at CES in San Francisco. All versions will be 5.5". :-P

I know ;)

I'm following the CES [emoji106]

Zenfone 2 is Awwww !!

As majority of brand now is taken india as it's market place i wouldn't have trouble getting one :D :D

But i heard the battery usage is high on Zenfones :(

Even after release of kernel source,none of their phones are having any development (Even not Kernels) why is that so?

Redmi 1S kernel source is released and is standing on it's feet slowly :)

Guest ZolaIII

Zenfone 2 is Awwww !!

As majority of brand now is taken india as it's market place i wouldn't have trouble getting one :D :D

But i heard the battery usage is high on Zenfones :(

Even after release of kernel source,none of their phones are having any development (Even not Kernels) why is that so?

Redmi 1S kernel source is released and is standing on it's feet slowly :)

Because we all hate Intel and imagination closed source GPU's. They probably should gift some to kernel dev to get them rolling. I mentioned about S1 source... ;)

I am concerned more about cellular radios battery consumption than atom's or GPU as it looks that zen 1 & 2 are using Intel in house ones based on really old 40nm planar lithography.

Edited by ZolaIII

Guest josoft86

Right now for me the best:

1) YUREKA the most complete shame that you can not import from India
2) Elephone P6000
3) Elephone P3000s

• 3 weeks later...
Guest luca020400

They are boosting their phones too :D

Currently on Redmi 1S B-)

Currently on moto g 2014

With cm12 fully working :p

Does ril work on cm12 for redmi 1s ?

Currently on moto g 2014

With cm12 fully working :p

Does ril work on cm12 for redmi 1s ?

Not yet ! Devs are now trying to make CAF kernel compatible so that we can use official display hals and media-caf instead of legacy things ! So that future updates would be easier too !

Development is slowed down i think because next month a new android is about to release :p

Guest luca020400

Not yet ! Devs are now trying to make CAF kernel compatible so that we can use official display hals and media-caf instead of legacy things ! So that future updates would be easier too !

Development is slowed down i think because next month a new android is about to release :P

I looked at github and they have a lot of problems with it

They inly have to add some patches  ^_^

Guest Ceastel

After long story with Y300 I decided to buy another cheap china phone .

http://www.banggood.com/Eachine-M1-9002100MHz-5-inch-MTK6592-1_7GHz-Octa-core-Smartphone-p-941869.html (idk, can post link here ?)

I think 80$ on promotion is good price for it.

It's based on china MTK(no sources) so probably no cyanogenmod on in but I don't care.

I finally will be able to watch/record anything in hd.

Greetings ;)

Guest luca020400

After long story with Y300 I decided to buy another cheap china phone .

http://www.banggood.com/Eachine-M1-9002100MHz-5-inch-MTK6592-1_7GHz-Octa-core-Smartphone-p-941869.html (idk, can post link here ?)

I think 80$ on promotion is good price for it.

It's based on china MTK(no sources) so probably no cyanogenmod on in but I don't care.

I finally will be able to watch/record anything in hd.

Greetings ;)

For $80 is great

Anyway I prefer a "moddable" phone like `echo $my_phone`

Edited by luca020400

For $80 is great

Anyway I prefer a "moddable" phone like my moto g 2014

Gee wiz! Thanks for the useful information! I'm sure no one managed to understand you bought a Moto G 2014.

Are you at least getting paid for all this propaganda?

Guest luca020400

Gee wiz! Thanks for the useful information! I'm sure no one managed to understand you bought a Moto G 2014.

Are you at least getting paid for all this propaganda?

Yea , motorola is sending me some money :p

Guest fartfire

You guys shouldn't be ignoring premium phones from the past. Anyone seen the specs for LG G2? Great hardware with great community support.

Chinese office have wicked awesome hardware but the ROM support is non existence like the ones from Xiaomi and upello jayu random brands. I would get them if they offered warranty support. Many people who import them from Chinese website claim there are dead pixel or Wi-Fi isn't working and the company won't claim it. Nor to forget the shipping also take months.

Whereas huawei is an established and a good brand. Huawei honor 4x looks like a really good phone too