Experience of returning Hudl

Guest baronsaturday

Guest baronsaturday

I've just had the failure to charge issue, the battery isn't what it should be and KitKat has made it difficult to store as many games as I want to. I think I want out of the Hudl world (although not sure what I'd do about the £20 case).

Does anyone have experience of trying to get money back after a few weeks? Do Tesco play ball?

I had a problem with mine not keeping the time (it was losing over 15 minutes an hour) and got a returns number from the helpline. This was three weeks after I bought it. Took it back to the store in Tottenham and was asked whether I wanted a replacement or my money back. No quibbling was necessary. I accepted a replacement.

Guest George Styles

Haha gotta laugh. You would have to peel this thing out my my cold dead decomposed hands to get me to part with it... 130 quid ? Really? Too good☺

Guest baronsaturday

In comparison to other Android tabs it's certainly great value but with Windows about for pennies I'm more conscious of Android's limitations. Not being able to use NTFS is a big one.

You could brick the device easily by erasing the system partition, the Tesco staff won't know the difference and will happily accept it as a return.

I returned mine within a week, giving up on the lack of interest in the device from other developers.

Guest alpine101

In comparison to other Android tabs it's certainly great value but with Windows about for pennies I'm more conscious of Android's limitations. Not being able to use NTFS is a big one.

"Pennies"? With a 1920x1200 screen?

Guest state-it

Not being able to use NTFS is a big one.

AFAIC, not being able to use exFAT is a pain in the arse.

"Pennies"? With a 1920x1200 screen?

The future versions of Windows are to be for pennies, if not free for end-user:

http://www.computerworld.com/article/2825116/free-at-last-after-windows-10-consumers-wont-pay-for-updates-or-upgrades.html

I'm sure the device manufacturer will pay a licence fee, but for me, I won't.

[edit] I'm running Win10 preview on my laptop. It's great. It's the same as my Win 8.1 boxes running all the extras to make it 'normal'. And I've been using MS OSs since DOS 5. Which is before 'Windows' were implemented. [/edit]

Edited by state-it

Guest baronsaturday

1900x1200 is great, but a) the DPI settings make everything look huge and b ) lack of NTFS support means I'd have to reconvert HD movies to below 4gb to watch them.

Android is great for my phone (Oneplus One) but too restrictive now even with a micro SD. Probably going to eBay it. Only paid £80ish for the tablet and case with my vouchers so hopefully can make that back.

Edited by baronsaturday