wcdma
root
multilang
play store
no chinese app
clean and fast
anTutu bench: 32766

recovery used: CWM

When installation finishes, and you click on reboot recovery, say YES to fix su !(if you forgot do that, just back in recovery and reboot recovery and now press YES)

Guest 77chedu

Hi,

If I try to enter "data usage" under settings, a dialog appears indicating that the setting, application has stopped.

Could you guys try that just in case it's only me?

EDIT: Solved by making a shorcut with nova launcher

Edited by 77chedu

I have the "CoolLifeUI 039 Lite by ATX Team" from the first page.

You think i can flash your ROM after only catch and dalvik wipe?

Edited by baniko

Guest korekore1

I have the "CoolLifeUI 039 Lite by ATX Team" from the first page.

You think i can flash your ROM after only catch and dalvik wipe?

you are asking for trouble this way..

Guest 77chedu

There might be some glitches here and there, but, all in all, I think it's a pretty good release and it may open the path to a a number of mulitlanguage attemps on stock roms. 

My antutu results are a little bit lower, but still over 32000

I'm still having some trouble receiving whatsapp notifications, which could be a downside for many people

Looking forward for a v2 release

Thanks for your work

Good ROM - fast, clean & stable.

It's good to be back on JB & feel the performance again.

People telling here that KK is not slower are wrong.

Besides that games use more detailed graphics & are faster even with more effects on JB.

Antutu v5.3.0 3D: ~8200 :-)

SD could be faster (will need to be tweaked), but anyway everything starts noticably faster than on KK.

What I miss is MIUI/Baidu style task killer, but there's no such task killer on non-MIUI based ROMs ;-)

Can it be added somehow?

Btw. I remember that someone said that Xposed & GravityBox doesn't work on CoolUI, but it works, probably it just needed to install busybox symlinks to make Xposed Installer perform Xposed installation.

Edit: some options from GravityBox don't work.

Edited by xeros2

Guest korekore1

Good ROM - fast, clean & stable.

It's good to be back on JB & feel the performance again.

People telling here that KK is not slower are wrong.

Besides that games use more detailed graphics & are faster even with more effects on JB.

Antutu v5.3.0 3D: ~8200 :-)

SD could be faster (will need to be tweaked), but anyway everything starts noticably faster than on KK.

What I miss is MIUI/Baidu style task killer, but there's no such task killer on non-MIUI based ROMs ;-)

Can it be added somehow?

Btw. I remember that someone said that Xposed & GravityBox doesn't work on CoolUI, but it works, probably it just needed to install busybox symlinks to make Xposed Installer perform Xposed installation.

Edit: some options from GravityBox don't work.

anything that will try to modify the ui won't work.Also you are asking for bootloop playing with xposed on coolUI..!

At least few important options worked and no bootloop so far.

Do you have any experience which options make bootloop?

Btw. CoolUI is not bad, but IMO, it's a bit non-consitent for UI & features (like AOSP with few apps added for different things). Baidu & MIUI are more consistent, more feature rich but CoolUI is faster & overall not bad :-)

Guest 77chedu

Does anyone know the name of the task killer app that appears when you long press the home button?

I really don't know if it's an app or a built-in function from the UI, but I guess that's what won't let run greenify. Could it be disabled or uninstalled?

• 2 weeks later...

After two weeks of use this ROM I have few things that I'd like to comment.

Generally ROM has important pros, but too many smaller cons that together make big problems.

Pros

- fast,

- stable,

- great 3D performance,

- great camera (fast autofocus, sharp photos, etc - better than both 4.2.2 & 4.4.2 AOSPs).

Cons:

- still few dependencies on Chineese Coolpad stuff (Blocker, VIP list, Protect data, C-Button, side-bar...),

- enables and after a while disabled 3G data connection randomly, without user intervention,

- some Coolpad (green C) app prompts to enable power save or connect charger at 30% (in Chineese),

- battery stats are messed (I have flashed ROM at 100% battery (4.372V) and at 1% I still have around 3.632V) - I haven't done calibration on this ROM yet but didn't have that problem when flashing other ROMs when battery was fully charged,

- additional prompts to connect charger at 15%, 10%, 5%,

- continous prompts to switchoff phone at 1% (almost no possibility to do anything else because prompts every few seconds - might not be a problem if battery stats would be OK),

- battery usage is higher than laek's AOSP 4.4.2 & jonzalvo's AOSP 4.2.2 (even when enabled power saving, killed all apps in background, disabled wifi & 3g, idle/sleeping, without screen - no apps catched to wakelocks to drain power) - not too much higher, but visible (especially from 100%->80% - these readings look real - checked periodically mV battery power & mA usage calculations),

- stock SMS app has "firewall" that blocks some SMS (can be replaced but more problems below),

- some Coolpad task killer kills apps in background and I haven't found list for excludes (I don't mean DU Battery Saver - I have excludes there that work OK) - to be clear, I don't kill apps by long press of home button & trash icon, because then results are even worse - including killed other app killers, battery savers, etc,

- when stock SMS app is replaced then custom SMS apps get killed by above Coolpad task killer resulting SMS not come - even if app is converted to system app,

- sensors use more battery power than on AOSP 4.4.2 (light & proximity sensor, accelerometer),

- most apps that use Xposed don't work (they don't get features from Xposed - like catching events or changes to UI/menus),

- WIFI LEAP authentication doesn't work (like on all 4.2.2-based ROMs) and wpa_supplicant can't be ported from 4.4.2 to fix it,

- mount point of external sdcard in /mnt/sdcard1 & /storage/sdcard2 instead of /mnt/sdcard & /sdcard - no problems with apps move to sdcard, but apps got confused when use hardcoded /sdcard,

- all the time of use I tried to get used to CoolUI launcher, but it misses few useful features that popular launchers have.

I think I'll go back to jonzalvo's AOSP 4.2.2 + Arpione patches and maybe I'll prepare latest kernel pack, ported from 4.2.2 041 to AOSP ROM (but need to merge init*.rc from both & repack boot.img).

Btw. did anyone try to port stock Coolpad camera app by camera apk repack adding dependent /system/libs from 4.2.2 041 that are different in AOSP?

IMO, there's big chance that it will work that way.

Edited by xeros2

• 3 weeks later...
Guest tlozano

Thank You. I'd like this rom...

Do you have in mind to make another one with the new CoolUI 025? (coolUI 5.7 and KitKat).

Edited by tlozano