Anyone else upgraded to Lollipop?

Guest hecatae

Guest andybarker

I just tried using a totally different ROM to help speed up the sluggish performance of my wife's tablet, and failed totally for some reason.  Thought about going to stock Lollipop, but after reading the reviews and my wife's hatred of the new GMail app style and colour scheme decided to stick with 4.4.4.

Think I'll wait and see how it matures over the next few months.  Personally hate some of the changes Google made to the stock apps for GMail and Calendar.  Hoping they revert some changes, or at least give users options before I go for Lollipop.

• 2 weeks later...

Still nothing for me, tried that play framework trick, didn't work. Have now done a factory reset.

Don't really use much these days except as an alarm clock, but still curious.

• 4 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Just got the update, straight to 5.0.2, like the new menus and animations etc, will see how the battery charging goes, mine has been playing up, that said its pretty old now

Guest chapelblade

Battery life was very poor on 4,4,4 so updated to lollipop OTA.  Do not like being forced to use the GMail app and suffered a few closures on chrome etc.  Maybe a factory reset is called for.  Will see if battery life is any better than previously.

• 2 weeks later...

battery charging still up the spout, normally would expect an old battery to drain quickly, this is just difficult to get the charge in, discharge is ok, go figure

• 3 weeks later...
Guest Voxpop2011

Battery life was very poor on 4,4,4 so updated to lollipop OTA.  Do not like being forced to use the GMail app and suffered a few closures on chrome etc.  Maybe a factory reset is called for.  Will see if battery life is any better than previously.

What do you mean 'forced to use the GMail app'?  gmail is not my chosen email client and I only have it for the playstore.  I also don't use Chrome, are you forced to use that as well.

I have been notified that Lollipop is now available for Moto G2 and that I will not be able to downgrade.  I think I will have to do some proper research before I jump to something that I might HATE as opposed to the minor irritations of 4.4.4.

• 2 weeks later...
Guest hecatae

the aosp email app is no longer available on the nexus 7 grouper 5.0.2 rom.

serious lags and system instability, have forced me to install cyanogenmod 10.2.1 stable.