Any news aout Lollipop 5.0 on the Ascend G300?

Guest riadtaihi

Guest riadtaihi

I watched some tests on same range phones like the G300 and it became very smooth and fast than 4.0 probably they worked on making it less heavy in terms or memory and services.

Well thanks for your answer.

Thanks for the update! so if there would in the future a version of Y300 would it work for the G300?

The two phone is very similar.

The CM11 for G300 uses a modified Y300 kernel and the ROM uses many library from Y300.

It is not completely identical, eg. the WiFi radio is different in G300 but the Y300 is the base of the development now since it is has newer software/source. (and it is faster due to dual core CPU)

So It will be some work to port back, but I think it is doable.

Guest riadtaihi

The two phone is very similar.

The CM11 for G300 uses a modified Y300 kernel and the ROM uses many library from Y300.

It is not completely identical, eg. the WiFi radio is different in G300 but the Y300 is the base of the development now since it is has newer software/source. (and it is faster due to dual core CPU)

So It will be some work to port back, but I think it is doable.

Thanks  Rhen and Dazzozo and all team!

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
Guest aimanmahir

I hope they build a version of android 5.0 (L) for G300 .. I can not wait to install and use it on my phone !

Please hurry up G300 development team we are waaaaaiting for you great work ! :)

>>> Wish you all the BEST <<<

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...

I've tried SlimLP on my G510 on the weekend.

All I can say, You don't want lollipop on G300.

LP is slow even on G510.

The amount of free RAM is about the same, but feels laggish. (not enough CPU power?)