[DEV][ROM][29.3.] CyanogenMod 12 (Android 5.0.2) for ZTE Open C / Kis 3

Guest KonstaT

Guest alvarogilfalco

I use your roms since 1 year and found perfectly, but in the las try with lollipop, i find 1 error or bug, when i change of energetic profile (batery save, balanzed and high performance) the screen of mi mobile turns off, the mobile continues turn on exceptly tehe screen, I told you because I have enough knowledge to fix it myself.

The problem is only for cyanogemod 12 and 12.1.

Guest firecm

CM12.1 feels overall much snappier but it's otherwise still early in the making.

You can change partition layout by flashing an Android firmware with a Windows flasher.

http://en.comebuy.com/developer-firefox-os-open-c.html

Thank you, so to clear it up- I will have more disk space available for android? now with df tool i see 3 partitions sized 205.7MB and completely unused. /mnt/asec, /mnt/obb, /mnt/fuse, there is also lots of unused space in /dev partition(only 128KB out of 205.7MB used) and in /sts/fs/cgroup (12.KB out of 205.7). Your cyanogenmod 12.0 build started to lag enourmously after I've imported my apps from backup, it seemed like there was no space or ram for the VM cache.

Guest KonstaT

Thank you, so to clear it up- I will have more disk space available for android? now with df tool i see 3 partitions sized 205.7MB and completely unused. /mnt/asec, /mnt/obb, /mnt/fuse, there is also lots of unused space in /dev partition(only 128KB out of 205.7MB used) and in /sts/fs/cgroup (12.KB out of 205.7). Your cyanogenmod 12.0 build started to lag enourmously after I've imported my apps from backup, it seemed like there was no space or ram for the VM cache.

Those are not partitions. Those are virtual filesystems mounted by Linux.

I've explained difference between Open C and Kis 3 partition layout in this post. Converting to Kis 3 layout will roughly double the size of your /data partition.

Guest KonstaT

CAF + stock kernel combo

Well, that's not very good news. :( Then your issue is not likely reproducible on stock ROM either and there could something wrong with the kernel/wifi driver on custom ROMs. What makes debugging this even more difficult is that the stock kernel in question is not GPLv2 compliant. ZTE has never released updated kernel source code for this device even if we know that the stock kernel has an updated touchscreen driver (support for Goodix GT960F panel). I know your device doesn't have that touchscreen hardware but your issue is still related to touchscreen (some kind of touchscreen freeze after waking the device).

Next thing to test would be the CAF Android ROM with the custom kernel that comes with it by default and see if happen there.

Guest Aseieil

Well, that's not very good news. :( Then your issue is not likely reproducible on stock ROM either and there could something wrong with the kernel/wifi driver on custom ROMs. What makes debugging this even more difficult is that the stock kernel in question is not GPLv2 compliant. ZTE has never released updated kernel source code for this device even if we know that the stock kernel has an updated touchscreen driver (support for Goodix GT960F panel). I know your device doesn't have that touchscreen hardware but your issue is still related to touchscreen (some kind of touchscreen freeze after waking the device).

Next thing to test would be the CAF Android ROM with the custom kernel that comes with it by default and see if happen there.

On the CAF standard kernel I've got freezes too. Only works fine with stock kernel.

Maybe cm 12.1 will solve the problem?

Edited by Aseieil

Guest KonstaT

On the CAF standard kernel I've got freezes too. Only works fine with stock kernel.

Maybe cm 12.1 will solve the problem?

No, I highly doubt that. CM12.1 and CM12 share exactly the same kernel, there's not a single difference. Kernel that comes with the CAF build is closest to the kernel source ZTE have released. Maybe it could be sorted out if ZTE released an updated kernel source with an updated Goodix touchscreen driver (like they are legally obligated by GPLv2). And I still don't know for sure if your issue is related to the touchscreen driver, wifi driver, or something else in the kernel.

Guest Aseieil

I installed yesterday Your cm12.1 and today I had freeze after outgoing phone call(wi-fi was turned on but I was far from home). I think that freezes are when I have wi-fi turned on. I will try to test rom with turned off wi-fi and we will see what will happen ; )

I wanted to do logcat but the freezes are really random ; / so it will be really hard to catch it.

Edited by Aseieil

• 2 weeks later...
Guest Angel D Iriarte
nstall cyanogen in my open c . Now does not work me the H + , the phone remained in EDGE, and if it worked before the H + , what should I do ?

Install cyanogen in my open c . Now does not work me the H + , the phone remained in EDGE, and if it worked before thefhffghindddwet

Install cyanogen in my ZTE OPEN C, Now does not work me the H+ , the phone remained in EDGE, and it if worked before the H+, What should I do?

Guest KonstaT

nstall cyanogen in my open c . Now does not work me the H + , the phone remained in EDGE, and if it worked before the H + , what should I do ?

Install cyanogen in my open c . Now does not work me the H + , the phone remained in EDGE, and if it worked before thefhffghindddwet

Install cyanogen in my ZTE OPEN C, Now does not work me the H+ , the phone remained in EDGE, and it if worked before the H+, What should I do?

This has nothing to do with you installing CyanogenMod.

You've messed up your device with Windows flasher. You need to check 'Erase CEFS' box when you're running it. And there's absolutely no reason why you would have needed to use a Windows flasher in the first place anyway...

Guest KonstaT

Hi!

the link to DL FFOS to android is dead.

Sry to my bad english.

Guisko the french ^^

That's not good. I'd still rather link some 'official' source than mirror it somewhere. Comebuy has sometimes had issues with hosting the engineering builds as well. Let's hope this comes back too.

Here's a mediafire mirror:

http://www.mediafire.com/?k8g11221b4n2apy

• 9 months later...
Guest KonstaT
1 hour ago, Flor_ said:

Hola! 

Can you help me? l have an ZTE KIS II MAX, could this ROM work in this device? If not, do you know another option? 

Thanks, and great job :) 

No, it won't work on [place a name of random device here].

• 2 weeks later...
Guest KonstaT
31 minutes ago, Shnoulle said:

Hi,

Just a quest : why discontinue and disallow download old system ? I like to try for CM12 :)

Because there's absolutely no reason to use this over CM12.1. I'm not dissallowing anything - I just don't encourage people to use a ROM that performs significantly worse than everything else (e.g. Android 5.0 had various memory management issues that were later resolved in Android 5.1). CM11/12.1/13 branches are still active and (actively) maintained - CM12 has been completely dead for a long time now.

There's a list of previous builds in the third post of this thread and it also has a link to the most recent CM12 build I've released.

Guest Shnoulle
6 minutes ago, KonstaT said:

.... CM11/12.1/13 branches are still active and (actively) maintained - CM12 has been completely dead for a long time now.....

OK,

I have to look for 12.1 or 11, have a problem with ZTE + CM13 and OsmAnd~ actually. WOrking good on my Galaxy S2 mini / GT-I8190 on CM11. I just want to do some test before make a new post :)