[DEV][ROM][29.3.] CyanogenMod 12 (Android 5.0.2) for ZTE Open C / Kis 3

Guest KonstaT

Guest KonstaT

Does will it work for Blade III ? I need it PLSPLSPLSPLSPLS

This is not a Blade III forum and I don't even have a Blade III anymore, so...

Advanced Reboot options (under Developer options) are gone, why?

For the most obvious reason of course. Please start by reading the first post.

Guest KonstaT
Someone with a dual-SIM V811W could test something. First enable the dual-SIM features by setting 'persist.radio.multisim.config=dsds' and reboot. Then
su
ln -s /dev/socket/rild1 /dev/socket/rild2
ln -s /dev/socket/rild-debug1 /dev/socket/rild-debug2

in adb shell or terminal emulator and maybe toggle airplane mode on/off after that. Please test and report back if this makes any difference.

They've changed the second SIM's rild socket in Lollipop and there maybe few options how to hack around this. I still have no idea how complete dual-SIM feature is in this build or even in today's CM12.

Guest arifmams

Someone with a dual-SIM V811W could test something. First enable the dual-SIM features by setting 'persist.radio.multisim.config=dsds' and reboot. Then
su
ln -s /dev/socket/rild1 /dev/socket/rild2
ln -s /dev/socket/rild-debug1 /dev/socket/rild-debug2

in adb shell or terminal emulator and maybe toggle airplane mode on/off after that. Please test and report back if this makes any difference.

They've changed the second SIM's rild socket in Lollipop and there maybe few options how to hack around this. I still have no idea how complete dual-SIM feature is in this build or even in today's CM12.

OK, i will try it. :)

Guest KonstaT

still no change.

OK, thanks for testing. :) There's one working dual-SIM CM12 build that I'm aware of but it still uses quite a lot of local patches (e.g. it has this rild socket change hacked in telephony framework instead).

I'll have the rild socket corrected in the next build (if/when there's one). It's still unsure if we still need to symlink that to rild1 again. It sure would be a lot easier if I had a dual-SIM device...

Guest KonstaT

Pleaseeeeee, port Lollipop for Zte Blade 3!!!

Reported your post. I'm getting really tired of this.

Never ever quote the whole OP!!! And this was just asked and answered on this very page (few posts up) even though this is something completely off topic as this not the Blade III section of this forum. Chances of that ever happening are just as likely as me porting anything to any other device I don't have!

Guest m3fisto

cant open cm-12-2014-11200-UNOFICIAL-KonstaKANG-kis3.zip (bad)

=( i cant even install it

UPD: sorry, after readding zip archieve it installed

works great for 1 hour :D but i feel like its more hot now, temp CPU  60-70 when using something, is it normal?

UPD 2: sometimes even more than 70, even when nothing running, or running smaller programs -_-

Edited by m3fisto

Guest KonstaT

cant open cm-12-2014-11200-UNOFICIAL-KonstaKANG-kis3.zip (bad)

=( i cant even install it

UPD: sorry, after readding zip archieve it installed

works great for 1 hour :D but i feel like its more hot now, temp CPU  60-70 when using something, is it normal?

UPD 2: sometimes even more than 70, even when nothing running, or running smaller programs -_-

There's a md5 checksum for a reason. ;)

60-70 of what? Celsius? I doubt that's accurate or in that case doesn't sound normal. I haven't noticed any issues with CPU temperature though I have been running more recent builds.

KonsaT, download to Google Drive please  ^_^

What's wrong with MediaFire? It's fast and IMO one of the less 'warezy' file hosting services.

Google Drive or Dropbox won't work. All downloads from my accounts would be suspended within a day anyway because of the generated traffic. Neither of the two also have any kind of download statistics. It's important because it's the only way for me to have any idea how big the userbase is on each ROM. Mega afaik needs flash and it's terrible on Linux anyway. Also I already once lost all my files for forever when Megaupload went down, so that is not an option either. What other good file hosting services are there?

Guest KonstaT
New build. Full wipe recommended even updating from the previous build. Please still consider this an early preview, the official CM12 nightlies haven't even started yet.

cm-12-20141221-UNOFFICIAL-KonstaKANG-kis3.zip
md5:cef5c4f6b1a55361080cb0244d541aeb

-add display color calibration option
-most system apps updated to material design and all new CyanogenMod apps (AudioFX, Eleven, Trebuchet) (merged)
-Android 5.0.2 (merged)

Guest m3fisto

sorry, this was only first and second day, when temp was more than 60-70 Celsius, on third day normal 40 on idle, i dont know what was that, now working great =)

p.s i was in 4.2.2 previous and in android 5.0 battery  pretty more spent, but maybe it's android 5.0 feature and its not critical)

Guest HOSTIME

New build. Full wipe recommended even updating from the previous build. Please still consider this an early preview, the official CM12 nightlies haven't even started yet.

md5:cef5c4f6b1a55361080cb0244d541aeb

-add display color calibration option
-most system apps updated to material design and all new CyanogenMod apps (AudioFX, Eleven, Trebuchet) (merged)
-Android 5.0.2 (merged)

First of all I want to thank you for this rom!

I have a question: is it possible to replace the internal memory to the SD card?

Thanks a lot for this great build. As the ZTE Open C has only one button, do you know a way to get the three on-screen buttons ?

Guest KonstaT

First of all I want to thank you for this rom!

I have a question: is it possible to replace the internal memory to the SD card?

FAQ, third post. There's a reason why sdcard is set up how it is. Other configuration is also possible if you're building from source and know what you're doing. I've already explained this several times, here's my latest post on the matter.

Thanks a lot for this great build. As the ZTE Open C has only one button, do you know a way to get the three on-screen buttons ?

FAQ, third post. Open C has back and menu buttons just as Kis 3.

I'll still likely add an option to enable navigation bar in a future build.

Oops sorry, I should have read the FAQ correctly. The three buttons are there and work fine...

By the way, auto-brightness feature works well on my french version of the Open C which has ambient light sensor.

To mount the USB storage, I reboot into recovery and turn on USB storage, then I reboot the phone. I am fine with this workaround.

Guest KonstaT

To mount the USB storage, I reboot into recovery and turn on USB storage, then I reboot the phone. I am fine with this workaround.

MTP (media transfer protocol) should work just fine (tested on both Linux and Windows 7). There is no option to switch between USB connection modes because UMS (usb mass storage) is not supported yet. Most likely a driver issue on your computer if you have a problem with MTP.

You were right, this was a driver issue, I can see MTP now. This is a really functional build IMO, I like it. I have installed better battery stats to see about battery life / deep sleep / ...

Guest KonstaT

my zte v811w sim card not working after flash.... sory my bad english

FAQ, third post. Have you set the system property to enable dual-SIM features?

I don't know what is the current status in CM12 for dual-SIM and I have no idea if it's even supposed to work without some local hacks. I'd appreciate if someone could test and confirm it working/not working in the latest build. I still have few things for someone to test if it's not working.