[DEV][ROM][29.3.] CyanogenMod 12 (Android 5.0.2) for ZTE Open C / Kis 3

Guest KonstaT

Guest andy1971

You are the second person with the same problem asking for that... If anybody who owns a Open C from Movistar Venezuela don´t understand the process to install Android form FFOS don´t do it. My terminal is unlocked and buyed via Mercadolibre, and after several readings here and other forums about the process i do it without problems. I also replaced the only thing I don´t like the terminal: the splahs screen, easily!!! Only read carefully all the instructions, maybe the problem is not the ROM...

im guessing you should check your country bands, (and finding if is closest to the US UK or FR radio bands) then use the factory upgrade tool posted up a bit so it flashes the right radio bands

i dont believe that CM12 flashes anything, just throws a new OS onto the phone.

only reason im suggesting this ive screwed my phone up and lost all bands/signals and done the factory upgrade tool and got them working again.

Dont do it if your not comfortable with the procedure, i doubt you can brick your phone, however nothing impossible.

Do let us know how you get on.

Guest KonstaT

Good night, i need a ROM from my ZTE Open C Movistar - Venezuela.

I tried several roms, but no up coverage.. There are any solution?

Stock Firefox OS is based on Jelly Bean. You need to update to stock KitKat before installing any ROMs here to have a KitKat modem. RIL/wifi won't work with Jelly Bean modem.

Important. Prerequisites!!! You need to install Android KitKat on your Open C first (e.g. EU_FFOS+to+Android.zip will do). You also need to have this ClockWorkMod or this TWRP recovery installed.

Guest pronetla

Stock Firefox OS is based on Jelly Bean. You need to update to stock KitKat before installing any ROMs here to have a KitKat modem. RIL/wifi won't work with Jelly Bean modem.

Ok, i understand that BUT this is a rom kitkat (e.g. EU_FFOS+to+Android.zip will do) EU European based not work 3g on venezuela, we need US based rom kitkat can u help us?

Guest KonstaT

Ok, i understand that BUT this is a rom kitkat (e.g. EU_FFOS+to+Android.zip will do) EU European based not work 3g on venezuela, we need US based rom kitkat can u help us?

Have you read this thread? You've most likely just messed up your device with a Windows flasher. AFAIK there's nothing in EU_FFOS+to+Android.zip firmware that affects the available radio bands in any way (stored in NV memory, which this doesn't touch).

If it's really the case that you need US_FFOS+to+Android.zip (or whatever you want to call it), I can't help you with that. You have to ask ZTE to release one for your device.

Guest pronetla

Have you read this thread? You've most likely just messed up your device with a Windows flasher. AFAIK there's nothing in EU_FFOS+to+Android.zip firmware that affects the available radio bands in any way.

If it's really the case that you need US_FFOS+to+Android.zip (or whatever you want to call it), I really can't help you with that. You have to ask ZTE to release one for your device.

YEAP I READ that, but how i sayed NOT work 3G on Venezuela i flashed my phone 10 Time's ( Follow step by step you guide and Not Work cm-11  and ur cm-12 only 2g ) but if i flash my phone whit rom Stok using this method           http://en.comebuy.com/developer-firefox-os-open-c.html?SSAID=314743&source=shareasale     ( Open_C_upgrade_Tool)+ZTE_OPENC_US    = 3G On again...

Guest NotaSz

Good night, have a new problem, i installed a ROM Android 4.4 with Open C Upgrade Tool and the software has changed of root(de raíz) and i've been no signal.. I dont know how to do returnt to my old and original versión to Firefox OS of root(de raíz)

PD: Excuse my bad english.. I speak only spanish.

PD2: I installed this ROM Android 4.4.2 http://www.android-h...aktivieren.html I NEED HEEEELP!!!

PD3:I dont to download EU_Android + to + FFOS.zip but gives error on 90MB and are canceled automatically.

Edited by NotaSz

Guest hecatae

YEAP I READ that, but how i sayed NOT work 3G on Venezuela i flashed my phone 10 Time's ( Follow step by step you guide and Not Work cm-11  and ur cm-12 only 2g ) but if i flash my phone whit rom Stok using this method           http://en.comebuy.com/developer-firefox-os-open-c.html?SSAID=314743&source=shareasale     ( Open_C_upgrade_Tool)+ZTE_OPENC_US    = 3G On again...

Ok, you are windows flashing to the us 3g radio, but the ffos to android recovery method does not work?

Guest KonstaT

This is getting completely off topic. This has nothing to do with CM12 so you should start a new thread for Venezuelan Open C 3G issues or use the previous one.

Does 3G work in the stock KitKat (after flashing EU_FFOS+to+Android.zip)? Does mobile data work at all in CyanogenMod or just no 3G connectivity? Check your APN settings if there's no mobile data at all.

Bootloader and modem firmware files (emmc_appsboot.mbn, factory.img, NON-HLOS.bin, rpm.mbn, sbl1.mbn, sdi.mbn, tz.mbn) that EU_FFOS+to+Android.zip flashes shouldn't make any difference between US and EU devices. This is because they are all identical between in US and EU Firefox OS engineering builds (FFOS_US_EBAY_P821A10V1.0.0B06_LOG_DL and FFOS_EU_EBAY_P821A10V1.0.0B06_LOG_DL, respectively).

Good night, have a new problem, i installed a ROM Android 4.4 with Open C Upgrade Tool and the software has changed of root(de raíz) and i've been no signal.. I dont know how to do returnt to my old and original versión to Firefox OS of root(de raíz)

PD: Excuse my bad english.. I speak only spanish.

PD2: I installed this ROM Android 4.4.2 http://www.android-h...aktivieren.html I NEED HEEEELP!!!

PD3:I dont to download EU_Android + to + FFOS.zip but gives error on 90MB and are canceled automatically.

And what does any of this have to do with CM12?

Guest firecm

Dear KonstaT,

I use your builds since the summer. This build works generally well, the only issue is that microphone in skype 5.1 stops working after 10 minutes of call.

The main reason I'm going back to 4.4.4 is that the version 5.0.2 uses more memory, after restoring my apps(even to the sdcard) it constantly shows the low disc space notice. The other reason is that it lags really much when several apps are started. If you have the solution to those issues please let me know.

Solved. Just leave 200+ MB space after installing your software and this build will run ok.

Edited by firecm

Guest firecm

After testing cm 12 build a while it's clear that it lags much more than cm11, ram consumption is the same, it uses much more internal memory, also I've noticed that the cache partition is never filled(only ~5mb used). Although I like the cm12 I have to go back to 11.

If you have a solution to fix this, please let me know.

Edited by firecm

Guest KonstaT

After testing cm 12 build a while it's clear that it lags much more than cm11, ram consumption is the same, it uses much more internal memory, also I've noticed that the cache partition is never filled(only ~5mb used). Although I like the cm12 I have to go back to 11.

If you have a solution to fix this, please let me know.

ART cache in Lollipop is about twice as big as to what dalvik cache was in KitKat.

/cache partition is not supposed to be used for anything besides recoveries write logs there. I think stock OTA updates would be stored there (if there ever was one :P).

What gapps are you using? I haven't noticed any lags after switching to PA pico gapps package. There was a strange performance issue with my previous package. After ROM and gapps, I have ~690mb available in my /data partition which should be enough for quite a few apps. You could remove some system apps that you don't need from the ROM before flashing it and there's not much point in flashing the biggest possible gapps package with all the Google apps you don't need or can download from the Play Store.

If you have an Open C, you could use a Windows flasher to update to Android and change your partition layout to Kis 3 style and have almost twice as big /data partition (~1gb vs. ~1.9gb).

Guest KonstaT
New build. SELinux is finally in enforcing mode. There's still couple on minor issues I'm aware of but besides that everything is working fine on my device. I didn't get any feedback about the ambient light/proximity sensor when I asked about it so I have no idea if it's working or not. Lollipop has more strict SELinux policies and strangest things can get denied and be broken by result. This is not my main device so it's very possible I haven't come across all possible issues so I need user feedback on this. Audit logs (/data/misc/audit/audit.log, dmesg) are needed for catching denials especially with issues I can't reproduce on my device (i.e. problems with sensors my device doesn't have).

cm-12-20150317-UNOFFICIAL-KonstaKANG-kis3.zip
md5:c3ecc1fc95cac66401de76be40f65a3e

-SELinux enforcing
-patch OpenSSL FREAK attack (CVE-2015-0204 - merged)

Guest okmikel

Great new build, made a clean install yesterday. No more lagging with the recommended PA pico gapps package. Still a little slower than CM11, but now I is good for me.

Thanks a lot for your work.

Guest battistainc

Hi, I'm new in this forum, sorry if I'm making some mistake posting this way, I've tried to install the EU_FFOS+to+Android file to my new ZTE C open bought from Movistar Venezuela with no success, I've tried changing the file name but nothing, can you help me please? I've read about a US and EU version, when I get into the stock recovery, I see it shows a EU recovery version

Guest battistainc

Hi, I'm new in this forum, sorry if I'm making some mistake posting this way, I've tried to install the EU_FFOS+to+Android file to my new ZTE C open bought from Movistar Venezuela with no success, I've tried changing the file name but nothing, can you help me please? I've read about a US and EU version, when I get into the stock recovery, I see it shows a US recovery version

Guest KonstaT

Hi, I'm new in this forum, sorry if I'm making some mistake posting this way, I've tried to install the EU_FFOS+to+Android file to my new ZTE C open bought from Movistar Venezuela with no success, I've tried changing the file name but nothing, can you help me please? I've read about a US and EU version, when I get into the stock recovery, I see it shows a US recovery version

Use the recovery.img that's inside EU_FFOS+to+Android.zip to flash it. Some have also reported success with using a custom recovery to flash it but I'd still recommend using a stock recovery. Always use stock recovery to install stock firmware packages - use custom recovery to flash custom ROMs.

I'm not sure if there's a genuine issue with the 3G connectivity on Venezuelan Open C devices after using the EU package to update to Android. One day bunch of Venezuelan Open C owners appeared here out of the blue. Next day they were gone as quickly as they came. :P Maybe it was discussed and resolved on some of your local forums are no one bothered to post it here...

Hi, thx for great build  B)

But how to configure only 3G mode?

In previous CM versions this could be worked around by using a quick settings tile. They haven't added a network mode tile to CM12 quick settings yet, so I'm not sure. Maybe some third party app/widget can do this?

Guest Durreau

Hi, thx for great build B)

But how to configure only 3G mode?

Im not sure, but you try with the test menu, enter with this code *#*#4636#*#* and search the option...

Use the recovery.img that's inside EU_FFOS+to+Android.zip to flash it. Some have also reported success with using a custom recovery to flash it but I'd still recommend using a stock recovery. Always use stock recovery to install stock firmware packages - use custom recovery to flash custom ROMs.

I'm not sure if there's a genuine issue with the 3G connectivity on Venezuelan Open C devices after using the EU package to update to Android. One day bunch Venueluelan Open C owners apperead here out of the blue. Next day they were gone as quickly as they came. :P Maybe it was discussed and resolved on some of your local forums are no one bothered to post it here...

Im from Venezuela, but my Open C is brought from amazon. The problem is mostly the lack of information about the correct procedure to convert it fron FFOS to Android Kitkat in spanish, which leads to many problems for not correctly understand the steps. That coupled with the despair of it all and once complete the picture... How I wish this phone had a custom kernel, that would be awesome!!!

Guest KonstaT

How I wish this phone had a custom kernel, that would be awesome!!!

Well, technically there's already a custom kernel included in CyanogenMod builds. None of this would be possible in the first place without customizing the kernel.

I've done plenty of updates from CAF, patched some known vulnerabilities from mainline Linux (see CVE in changelogs) and added some performance improvements as well as some features that fully depend on the kernel implementation (display color calibration, hardware key disabler, etc).