Nightly-Kernel-3.4 (Based 100% on Mourta's, updated 02/24/2015)

Guest NothingSerious

Guest NothingSerious

The SD Card seems not to get mounted properly with v12-19. Is the issue just on my side or for anybody else as well?

Yeah, forgot to make a change in fstab. Try this one: http://www.mediafire.com/download/2csz7nekijlaf3n/Nightly-Kernel-3.4-12-19v2.zip Can't tell if it works or not as I don't have a SD Card.

Edit: Borrowed an SD Card, it shall work fine.

Edited by NothingSerious

Guest NothingSerious

Sorry, mate, but still the same issue for me with v2 as well.

Dumb suggestion but, can you back up all the data and use the "Erase SD Card" option in Storage? One of the SD Cards I tried required that.

Guest tool_king

Dumb suggestion but, can you back up all the data and use the "Erase SD Card" option in Storage? One of the SD Cards I tried required that.

It is definitely not an SD card issue, as everything works flawlessly again, as soon as I flash v12-01 again.

Guest NothingSerious

It is definitely not an SD card issue, as everything works flawlessly again, as soon as I flash v12-01 again.

Indeed, however there was a change needed in fstab to make it work. It works fine for me right now, so can you reflash v2 and try again? If it doesnt work, stick to 12-01.

Note that this is highly experimental without the new Tegra 4 blobs.

I've updated and enabled Tegra DC CMU and Tegra DC SCAN COLUMN which are Tegra 4 features.

It should be noted that apart from changing the fstab we are now using a completely different set of MMC (actually, within this version i think i have updated or rewritten every single file in the entire kernel) which uses new power saving features, one of them being that we are now using devfreq to regulate the frequency operation of the MMC interface.

This may mean that some sd-cards simply won't work and it may mean data loss on internal storage (which could lead to a bricked device) so this version is STRICTLY for testing purposes.

This feature will be disabled in future releases since i'm moving to 3.10 devfreq and video scaling, i'll implement a new way to scale mmc frequency by then.

Edited by Mourta

Guest tool_king

Indeed, however there was a change needed in fstab to make it work. It works fine for me right now, so can you reflash v2 and try again? If it doesnt work, stick to 12-01.

Note that this is highly experimental without the new Tegra 4 blobs.

This may mean that some sd-cards simply won't work and it may mean data loss on internal storage (which could lead to a bricked device) so this version is STRICTLY for testing purposes.

Well, I'll better stay with v12-01 for now, which has done a good job for me so far. Thanks anyway to both of you guys.

Mourta can we expect more battery life ? in your future  release 

First of all, wrong thread, this isn't my kernel and it isn't something i support in any way nor will i care when it bricks your device.

And second, no, i will try to make battery life much worse while decreasing performance because that seems like jolly good idea.

Well, I'll better stay with v12-01 for now, which has done a good job for me so far. Thanks anyway to both of you guys.

I'm sending yet another one into testing, this time... oh holy hell YES.

I think i have rewritten or updated and fixed every single file in this kernel now.

So onwards and upwards to the next task, 3.10 is booting without baseband... always this F**ING baseband...

Oh well, i've fixed it once, i'll fix it again.

After that update, i'm going to trim everything down to bare essentials and make on patch that should be appliciable to any kernel, you want 3.18, just patch it up and within three hours you should have a booting version, then comes adding my patches, that has to be done one by one, but in the end...

Less than three hours, i promise.

Guest easy4me

This is my last word on this on this thread.

I didn't ask you something about your development and testing process in my latest post - I only asked you for CPU OC and 5.0 compatibility (the second question was answered in a neighbor thread). It was a misunderstanding.

Furthermore, a Q&A thread could be helpful, but that's only a suggestion.

Best regards :)

Edited by easy4me

I didn't ask you something about your development and testing process in my latest post - I only asked you for CPU OC and 5.0 compatibility (the second question was answered in a neighbor thread). It was a misunderstanding.

Furthermore, a Q&A thread could be helpful, but that's only a suggestion.

Best regards :)

And this is not my thread, this is a thread for a completely different kernel that i do NOT support and that someone else has chose to release.

There is a kernel thread for MY kernel and there is a ROM thread, i don't program things so that you can have them, i don't get  a penny for my efforts and if you should feel that you would want to give something for my work, don't, give it to a charity, i don't need it.

I don't do Q and A, if it's not released it is not released and if it's in testing you'll have to talk to Giuseppe who heads the team of testers but don't count on it, if you have nothing to add you will be turned down.

I do believe the team is set at this point in time but as i said, it's up to Giuseppe.

Great work Mourta, those are exciting news  :)

Take a look at the code, we're close to standard Linux with just the addition of Tegra, i have edited out most of our crap that we don't really need so it should end with just additons of files and changes to a couple of Kconfigs and Makefiles, then you can add a massive bunch of my addons.

I just changed the way we use CPUFREQ, EDP and DVFS, while it's not correctly reporting it is scaling perfectly, with two split CBUS PLL's one for MMC and one for POD.

Now everything is a long update to the 3.10 update i mentioned which is the last update to Tegra 3, then...

Well i do expect to release 3.16 with lollypop around new years. Tegra 4 blobs.

Guest NothingSerious

v3 not booting on cm11, niether did v2, stuck at lg logo.

cm11 is not supported. Use LiquidSmooth 3.2 Edited by NothingSerious

v3 not booting on cm11, niether did v2, stuck at lg logo.

It is supported by no one, nowhere at any time or place.

You either use stable or you understand that this isn't even supposed to be fully booting but that being a nice guy i kept the upload until it was fixed for MY rom.

If you want it to work with Demetris's stuff  you'll have to ask him to upgrade to something that isn't cocked together crap.

Guest NothingSerious

End of discussion for this drama, I requested yet another clean up for this thread and everything which goes off topic from now on will be instantly reported. Read the first post as to whether you should post here or not and if you should post at all, thanks.

Edited by NothingSerious

Guest Mourta

End of discussion for this drama, I requested yet another clean up for this thread and everything which goes off topic from now on will be instantly reported. Read the first post as to whether you should post here or not and if you should post at all, thanks.

A note to everyone, further development will remain private until release.

This has NOTHING to do with NothingSerious who has been nothing but courteous and a followed every rule i have presented to present this testing version of the kernel.

It has to do with the users cocking it up, we've had a talk in PM and there are absolutely no hard feelings between us or the majority of the users here, we have come to an understanding where this is the way it has to go.

I would like to offer NothingSerious my deepest respect for doing his VERY best to keep it clean and being respectful as well as helpful.

When i'm done with a new version, i'll PM NothingSerious again and we'll try this one more time, if users still can't understand the very clear first post of the thread, it'll be done forever.

To all of you, a happy new year.

Guest phynix5800

Happy new year to you as well Mourta - and all others too!

I don't really understand why you don't want ppl to talk about the "nightlies", but me personally I don't care about them at all, cause they are just snapshots of probably broken code.

Guest Giuseppe Vallone

A note to everyone, further development will remain private until release.

This has NOTHING to do with NothingSerious who has been nothing but courteous and a followed every rule i have presented to present this testing version of the kernel.

It has to do with the users cocking it up, we've had a talk in PM and there are absolutely no hard feelings between us or the majority of the users here, we have come to an understanding where this is the way it has to go.

I would like to offer NothingSerious my deepest respect for doing his VERY best to keep it clean and being respectful as well as helpful.

When i'm done with a new version, i'll PM NothingSerious again and we'll try this one more time, if users still can't understand the very clear first post of the thread, it'll be done forever.

To all of you, a happy new year.

And you're forgetting to tell people that NothingSerious is a member of testing crew, now [emoji14] ;)

Guest Mourta

And you're forgetting to tell people that NothingSerious is a member of testing crew, now [emoji14] ;)

Welcome NothingSerious, this is serious business. ;)

Are you sure you are up for it, it will be bed checks and early mornings, 15Km marches every , ... oh wait... that's the other thing i do. :D

Glad to have you on board.

Edited by Mourta

• 1 month later...