Goodbye Friends

Guest luca020400

LTE/4G when available, but most of the time I'll fall back to 3G.

I've been looking at the OnePlus One too as that's got a great spec. What put's me off though is that it's not got an AOSP version of Android and there's a few reported issues with Cyanogen.

Personally I'd be more than satisfied with MotoG's HSPA+ (21,1 MBit/s) support. LTE is currently only available near bigger cities in germany and you have to pay more money per month for you mobile phone tariff.

In the future, the OnePlus won't be shipped with CyanogenMOD any longer, but with their own one called "OxygenOS". They hired some devs from Paranoid-Android project: http://www.heise.de/newsticker/meldung/OxygenOS-OnePlus-spaltet-Paranoid-Android-Entwickler-2553555.html

Edited by Guest

Personally I'd be more than satisfied with MotoG's HSPA+ (21,1 MBit/s) support. LTE is currently only available near bigger cities in germany and you have to pay more money per month for you mobile phone tariff.

In the future, the OnePlus won't be shipped with CyanogenMOD any longer, but with their own one called "OxygenOS". They hired some devs from Paranoid-Android project: http://www.heise.de/newsticker/meldung/OxygenOS-OnePlus-spaltet-Paranoid-Android-Entwickler-2553555.html

I actually heard about OxygenOS, but from what I read before it'll be for the OnePlus Two. It won't have the source available either, so I don't know if the new phone will be easily unlocked and at least have the kernel source available.

It's a shame that the carriers in Germany require you to pay more per month for LTE. Here in the UK it's part of the package in most cases. Still, it has dual SIM and extra onboard memory which is something to consider.

Edited by H3ROS

A small technical change between MotoG (2013) and the MotoG (2014) are the RAM modules being used, they got upgraded from LPDDR2 to LPDDR3 RAM.

As a modder the MotoG is the 1st choice for me, simply because of AOSP ROM, the good availability of source codes and because Motorola got good dev's around (...although they are acting sometimes like: "Let's do this -> Leeeeeeeroy Jeeeeenkins" biggrin.png )

Guest luca020400

A small technical change between MotoG (2013) and the MotoG (2014) are the RAM modules being used, they got upgraded from LPDDR2 to LPDDR3 RAM.

As a modder the MotoG is the 1st choice for me, simply because of AOSP ROM, the good availability of source codes and because Motorola got good dev's around (...although they are acting sometimes like: "Let's do this -> Leeeeeeeroy Jeeeeenkins" biggrin.png )

New ram type ?

I missed it

I'll look into kernel

Bye

It's a shame that the carriers in Germany require you to pay more per month for LTE. Here in the UK it's part of the package in most cases. Still, it has dual SIM and extra onboard memory which is something to consider.

The 2014 model sold in germany is already equipped with an dual SIM slot. More onboard memory might be great, but an SDcard will also do it's job if you run low on space, thx to the changes to Android 5: http://www.androidcentral.com/lollipop-brings-changes-way-your-sd-card-works-kind-youll

Guest andrea2107

The 2014 model sold in germany is already equipped with an dual SIM slot. More onboard memory might be great, but an SDcard will also do it's job if you run low on space, thx to the changes to Android 5: http://www.androidcentral.com/lollipop-brings-changes-way-your-sd-card-works-kind-youll

I know you all hate MTK...but with Qualcomm you will be forced to mod by temptation....btw for the first time with my thl i am happy with stock

but with Qualcomm you will be forced to mod by temptation....

This is a good point of view, i thought that too once.

Edited by fonz93

Guest LordMCDonald

Is it a big difference between the RAM types?

I'm in Italy this Year :D

Luca?

Telegramm!

Leo when will you be there because I'm there too :-D

Guest luca020400

Luca lives in Genoa ;)

(Me too) :D

Do you know every year I go to sudtirol ? Xd

I know where is Bolzano/Trento and everything else in sudtitol/trentino

#offtopicabestia

Edited by luca020400