ZTE Blade 1 V880 Questions on Gen2 and internal memory

Guest gamba66

Guest gamba66

Hi everyone,

My brother still uses his ZTE Blade 1 (The original one with the OLED Display) and is still very happy with it. But he has 2 concerns: 1. The phone got a little bit slower 2. internal is always full

So I checked it out and it still uses a custom rom called Japanese Jellyfish RLS 9 (Android 2.2) and it has Clockworkmod Recovery 2.5.1.8 installed.

My plan was to update to a stable and newer rom and to edit the vold.fstab to swap internal to external (a  16gb sdcard).

But I don't have any clue, it is very hard for me to find the correct resources. So I assume this Blade is still Gen1, what are the best steps to update to Gen2, while maintaining all the Data like whatsapp history and so??

Also which is the most stable, fastest and newest ROM for the Blade? It doesn't need fancy features, it should just be fast so he can keep on using it as his main phone

Also his current fstab looks like this:

## Vold 2.0 Generic fstab
## - San Mehat ([email protected])
##

#######################
## Regular device mount
##
## Format: dev_mount <label> <mount_point> <part> <sysfs_path1...>
## label        - Label for the volume
## mount_point  - Where the volume will be mounted
## part         - Partition # (1 based), or 'auto' for first usable partition.
## <sysfs_path> - List of sysfs paths to source devices
######################

## Example of a standard sdcard mount for the emulator / Dream
# Mounts the first usable partition of the specified device
#dev_mount sdcard /mnt/sdcard auto /devices/platform/goldfish_mmc.0 /devices/platform/msm_sdcc.2/mmc_host/mmc1

## Example of a dual card setup
# dev_mount left_sdcard  /sdcard1  auto /devices/platform/goldfish_mmc.0 /devices/platform/msm_sdcc.2/mmc_host/mmc1
# dev_mount right_sdcard /sdcard2  auto /devices/platform/goldfish_mmc.1 /devices/platform/msm_sdcc.3/mmc_host/mmc1

## Example of specifying a specific partition for mounts
# dev_mount sdcard /sdcard 2 /devices/platform/goldfish_mmc.0 /devices/platform/msm_sdcc.2/mmc_host/mmc1

dev_mount sdcard /mnt/sdcard auto /devices/platform/msm_sdcc.1/mmc_host/mmc0

How to edit it to swap internal with external?

Thank you very much and merry christmas!