[DEV][ROM][18.1.] CyanogenMod 12 - KonstaKANG (Android 5.0.2)

Guest KonstaT

Guest Anni Vogelfang

Indeed, someone else has reported offline charging being broken in official CM as well (works fine here). Might look into what's up with that in official CM at some point.

Almost every rom have this issue. That's why i am very happy with this one. I do not know if you will be makinh more of this awesome builds because honestly, they are very stable

Guest KonstaT

CPU always stay at max I tried to apply many times

How about you read the post I linked and check what CPU freqs have actually been used.

You really shouldn't mess with setting CPU frequencies manually. It's something that we used to do on ancient single-core devices. It really doesn't work like that on modern multi-core CPUs and there are many parts of the system that control the CPU frequency (mpdecision, thermal, power HAL boostpulse, etc) and this will only interfere with that. That is also the reason why there is no CPU frequency setting in CyanogenMod's 'performance settings' in CM12 anymore - just performance profiles.

Guest extinction_nick

for the new update can i just dirty flash the zip? or would you suggest doing a clean install? and what if i do not need the dual sim working which RIL should i flash the old one or the one you recently uploaded. and i noticed this problem because my device has random reboots and after the phone reboots i must boot into recovery and flash the RIL file every time. any fixes for such a problem? there is also that audiofx still fc's

Guest igorsouza

I experiencing some random reboots while listen to music sometimes, the phone stops responding in one screen with on and after some seconds after it hard reboot, i coudnt made a log because it occours only sometimes and it's very fast.

Guest KonstaT

for the new update can i just dirty flash the zip? or would you suggest doing a clean install? and what if i do not need the dual sim working which RIL should i flash the old one or the one you recently uploaded. and i noticed this problem because my device has random reboots and after the phone reboots i must boot into recovery and flash the RIL file every time. any fixes for such a problem? there is also that audiofx still fc's

I'm sorry but that post makes hardly any sense. Updating from what? I have a strict 'no wipe - no whine' policy anyway. :P

You need to flash the Lollipop RIL add-on if you've updated to official Motorola Lollipop (thus have Lollipop modem) or if you want to have dual-SIM working on xt1033. How could you flash 'old one'? There's absolutely no reason why you should flash anything again after a reboot, that makes no sense whatsoever.

I've never experienced an AudioFX force-close. Logcat?

I experiencing some random reboots while listen to music sometimes, the phone stops responding in one screen with on and after some seconds after it hard reboot, i coudnt made a log because it occours only sometimes and it's very fast.

I've never experienced a random reboot. My device has frozen two times and both happened when an app was requesting root permissions. Can't do anything about issues I can't reproduce and without any logs...

Guest boros2222

My Moto G is on stock 5.0.1 GPE with Lollipop's bootloader. I am planning to install this ROM.

I'm a bit confused. Do I have to install the Lollipop RIL addon, too?

Guest KonstaT

My Moto G is on stock 5.0.1 GPE with Lollipop's bootloader. I am planning to install this ROM.

I'm a bit confused. Do I have to install the Lollipop RIL addon, too?

It really doesn't hurt anyone to install it. Like I said, I've tested it on my retail xt1032 with KitKat modem and only noticed some unexpected log spam and SIM PIN query taking a little longer to appear after a reboot. So no major issues and the files in this patch are also already included in official CM nightlies.

I haven't tested it with Lollipop modem (what you have after installing an official Lollipop update), but it would make sense to use Lollipop proprietaries with Lollipop modem, right? I think it's still absolutely required for only those who have dual-SIM xt1033.

Guest boros2222

I flashed your ROM, but recovery gave me some errors during the install.

Damn, I didn't write it down somewhere in time, but I remember a bit.

I got 2 errors while flashing /data.

First: something error around dev/block/ (like it couldn't find it)

Second: couldn't mount /data - no such volume

I thought it's already messed up, but when the script finished and I flash Gapps too, I rebooted my device.

Booted up and I've seen that, there are all the CM apps, so I think It could flash /data well.

It's working well, but I wanted to ask you, are these errors mean something?

I am so sorry I couldn't provide a proper log. I hope, you will understand what these errors mean.

OFF: Screen is flickering while booting up, but it disappears after done booting.

Edited by boros2222

Guest KonstaT

I flashed your ROM, but recovery gave me some errors during the install.

Damn, I didn't write it down somewhere in time, but I remember a bit.

I got 2 errors while flashing /data.

First: something error around dev/block/ (like it couldn't find it)

Second: couldn't mount /data - no such volume

I thought it's already messed up, but when the script finished and I flash Gapps too, I rebooted my device.

Booted up and I've seen that, there are all the CM apps, so I think It could flash /data well.

It's working well, but I wanted to ask you, are these errors mean something?

I am so sorry I couldn't provide a proper log. I hope, you will understand what these errors mean.

OFF: Screen is flickering while booting up, but it disappears after done booting.

What recovery did you use?

Nothing is actually flashed to /data partition. There's only an otasigncheck tool that runs during installation that reads from /data. I also checked CM11 and /data has always been mounted as f2fs in updater-script (GPE has /data formatted as EXT4 so that mount has always failed?). You can probably circumvent this with CM12 by mounting /data (under mounts and storage in ClockWorkMod) before flashing the zip.

AFAIK screen flickering happens on current Lollipop custom ROMs if flashed after installing an official Lollipop update. There's nothing that can be done about that before Motorola releases the Lollipop kernel source.

• 2 weeks later...
Guest G.Steele

Hi KontstaT,

After flashing your 18.1 build (from stock KK rom) I had no GPS working on my XT1032.

I did as explained in XDA's FAQ Q7 ( http://forum.xda-developers.com/moto-g/help/rc-faq-cm12-frequently-questions-t2996087 ) and GPS works now.

adb reboot bootloader

fastboot erase modemst1

fastboot erase modemst2

Edited by G.Steele

Guest msigmond

When I go to Settings -> Language & input -> Current keyboard -> CHOOSE KEYBOARDS I get the following error message: Unfortunately, Settings has stopped.

Hence I cannot install any custom keyboard, such as Google Keyboard, or SwiftKey.

I tried with a brand new install of cm-12-20150118cm-12-Lollipop-RIL, and gapps-lp-20141228 (in this order) - no other apps were installed: the result is the same.

Has anyone been able to install a custom keyboard yet?

Regards, Marton

Guest Nagibator

When I go to Settings -> Language & input -> Current keyboard -> CHOOSE KEYBOARDS I get the following error message: Unfortunately, Settings has stopped.

Hence I cannot install any custom keyboard, such as Google Keyboard, or SwiftKey.

I tried with a brand new install of cm-12-20150118cm-12-Lollipop-RIL, and gapps-lp-20141228 (in this order) - no other apps were installed: the result is the same.

Regards, Marton

No.This problem-all cm12 rom

Guest KonstaT

Hi-KonstaT.When are you coming back?

Huh, I haven't gone anywhere. :P

Regards, Marton

There was some issues with this upstream and it's been since fixed AFAIK. Just flash a recent official CM nightly. I highly doubt I'm going to release any new builds anymore.

Guest Nagibator

Huh, I haven't gone anywhere. :P

There was some issues with this upstream and it's been since fixed AFAIK. Just flash a recent official CM nightly. I highly doubt I'm going to release any new builds anymore.

The Bad news. :(

• 2 weeks later...
Guest luca020400
@KonstaT
How did you fix memory leak ?
I looked into the kernel but I'm unable to find any commit regarding it
And which memory leak you fixed ( lollipop , "unknown" mem etc .. ) ?
I'm running a 3.4.106 kernel ( moto g 2014 ) and I have the same bug as the stock cm-12.0 kernel
Thannks 

Guest KonstaT

@KonstaT
How did you fix memory leak ?
I looked into the kernel but I'm unable to find any commit regarding it
And which memory leak you fixed ( lollipop , "unknown" mem etc .. ) ?
I'm running a 3.4.106 kernel ( moto g 2014 ) and I have the same bug as the stock cm-12.0 kernel
Thannks 

Not that I've 'fixed' something, more like there's never been such issue. This kernel is based on the 'old' CyanogenMod/Gummy ROM kernel when dhacker29 was still maintaining it and I've just continued from that. I've been told current CyanogenMod kernel has a memory leak which causes available RAM to decrease over time and renders device unusable if not rebooted every few days. I've never used the official CyanogenMod builds so I don't know how severe this isssue is, but I've never noticed anything matching that description on my own builds.

Guest luca020400

Not that I've 'fixed' something, more like there's never been such issue. This kernel is based on the 'old' CyanogenMod/Gummy ROM kernel when dhacker29 was still maintaining it and I've just continued from that. I've been told current CyanogenMod kernel has a memory leak which causes available RAM to decrease over time and renders device unusable if not rebooted every few days. I've never used the official CyanogenMod builds so I don't know how severe this isssue is, but I've never noticed anything matching that description on my own builds.

As of now I'm using Motorola titan kernel with a few patches for build media and display libs

Nothing to do with msm8226 kernel

Anyway thanks ;)