Grumpy old me, sorry everyone

Guest glossywhite

Guest glossywhite

Hello everyone. I don't like making a big thing of apologies, I don't want people thinking I am a self-righteous or pompous person. Seeing as it would take too long to go through the entire list of people I may have rubbed up the wrong way, I thought it would be best to place this here, especially as this sub-forum is my current hang out.

I have been going to bed WAY too late, the last few months. As a result, I become irrational, argumentative and grumpy. I am extremely sorry to anyone who I have annoyed, wound up or otherwise irked in any way - I take full responsibility for being a sarcastic and supercilious twerp, in many instances, and I would like to say sorry, from the bottom of my heart. I am not one for showboating, and I just wanted you all to know that I think this is a great community and you all do work very hard to help us be able to enjoy and hack, and petty silliness and sarcasm just gets in the way of that. Sorry, I have no excuse whatsoever for being such a fool, and Paul, sorry for being a smart Alec towards you, and also @seanspotatobusiness, sorry my man - I was very out of order to you.

I hope you all have a wonderful time, not just this week but for your lives ahead; there are SO many clever, sharp and extremely bright minds here - the reciprocation of help and skill is such a blessing to me, and to everyone here. I hope you can forgive me, we all have difficulties in life, but we have to keep our mouths zipped, in case of upsetting people - something easily said, but not always acted upon :D 

Take care all of you, God bless you :)

Matt, "glossywhite".

:)

Edited by glossywhite

Guest r00tmydevices

WOW! First time I've ever read a post like this on any public forum.

I'm very new to this forum so I may not be in much of a position to comment but I have found your replies to be very detailed, helpful and not in any way condescending. A pleasant change I must say.

No harm, no foul and all that...

Guest glossywhite

WOW! First time I've ever read a post like this on any public forum.

I'm very new to this forum so I may not be in much of a position to comment but I have found your replies to be very detailed, helpful and not in any way condescending. A pleasant change I must say.

No harm, no foul and all that...

Life is too short to have tension and hard feelings - bitterness is a poison to the spirit. I apologise so that we can all can move on and so that I can have a clear conscience. It's not my place to apportion blame and to tell everyone else what to do. If anyone feels they have done wrong to someone, I suggest - for one's own sake and for one's peace - to make it up with them asap, and to say sorry, as forgiveness is more powerful than ANY nasty words and "clever" (stupid) arguments and trying to one-up one another.

It's now in the past, as far as I am concerned. ALL I can do is what I have - I've meant and said I am sorry, and I am moving forward; if people choose not to forgive me, then I cannot force them to, but that's their burden, not mine. I don't set out online and think "Now then, who can I wind up today? Hmmm..." we are ALL human, we ALL need to respect people 10,000 times more than we do, and we ALL need to swallow our pride and say sorry, instead of arranging a pity party and playing "the blame game".

Anyway, that's all from me, Cheerio :)

Guest r00tmydevices

Couldn't agree more or worded it better myself and I've often felt the same way myself, life's too short to fall out with others over trivial things. Shame that doesn't seem to be how others view things judging by their remarks or actions! :(

Guest Voxpop2011

Get more sleep if you can. 

I have sometimes thought you a little sharp and have risen to the bait, but I realise that taking other's comments personally can lead to misery and madness.  I have fought in the YouTube wars and lived to walk away from it all.

Guest stevehudl2

Lol glossy, take it I was not alone then, you already cleared things with me so double cool now.

I've done it myself before but on an gaming site, stress gets the better of you but I sent pm's to people rather than eating humble pie in public lol.