What does long-pressing the power button actually do?

Guest esc4p3

I phoned Tesco regarding the sensitivity of my HUDL2 screen and it not getting on with having screen protectors on it.

The person I spoke to said "I can fix that". All I needed to do was to hold the on/off button for about 20 seconds, at which point it turns off and 'resets' itself. He assured me I would not lose any data or apps and he was correct. Initially the screen sensitivity did seem better, but not for very long.

So what exactly does this long-press "reset"?

Holding the power button down for 10 seconds or more is like taking the battery out and then putting it back in again. I personally won't use a screen protector on any device with a capacitive screen, because they prevent it from working correctly. If you keep it away from things like diamond rings and nail files you are very unlikely to get any scratches on the screen. They certainly will not protect the screen from cracking or breaking if you drop your device, my advice would be not to use one.

Guest targetbsp

All I needed to do was to hold the on/off button for about 20 seconds, at which point it turns off and 'resets' itself. 

So what exactly does this long-press "reset"?

Typically on an Android device... it does just that!   You got the classic tech support 'turn it off and on again' as far as I can see! :)

Edited by targetbsp

Typically on an Android device... it does just that!   You got the classic tech support 'turn it off and on again' as far as I can see! :)

I feared as much!

Guest r00tmydevices

If you've rooted your H2, and have xposed framework, I'd recommend 'Wanam Kit' module. When you hold the power button down, a window will pop up giving you lots of extra options such as reboot, soft reboot, screen capture, screen record etc. Not saying it will solve your problem but it would at least give you a few options to try in order to nail down the issue.