[ROM][5.1.1][ALL]SlimLP Beta 0.15 [06/02/16 ]

Guest chil360

Guest cachetesmata3
Yes, build android custom ROM is mostly easy, but build time is 4-8 hours(for me, I have cheapest 4-core AMD CPU) and unsuccessfull build is waste of time(for this error about 45min), if anyone find a solution to this error and share with me, so it save me lots of time.

But for mobile build?

Guest chil360

I tried to build CyanogenMod 13(cm13-y300 github page), but I have this error:

target thumb C++: libmemalloc <= hardware/qcom/display-caf/msm7x27a/libgralloc/ionalloc.cpp
hardware/qcom/display-caf/msm7x27a/libgralloc/ionalloc.cpp: In member function 'virtual int gralloc::IonAlloc::alloc_buffer(gralloc::alloc_data&)':
hardware/qcom/display-caf/msm7x27a/libgralloc/ionalloc.cpp:83:18: error: 'struct ion_allocation_data' has no member named 'heap_mask'
     ionAllocData.heap_mask = data.flags & ~ION_SECURE;
                  ^
hardware/qcom/display-caf/msm7x27a/libgralloc/ionalloc.cpp: In member function 'virtual int gralloc::IonAlloc::clean_buffer(void*, size_t, int, int, int)':
hardware/qcom/display-caf/msm7x27a/libgralloc/ionalloc.cpp:250:24: error: invalid conversion from 'ion_user_handle_t {aka int}' to 'ion_handle*' [-fpermissive]
     flush_data.handle  = fd_data.handle;
                        ^
make: *** [/mnt/6f93af07-43e7-48ed-b349-eeff33fd0700/Dokumenty/cm13/out/target/product/u8833/obj/SHARED_LIBRARIES/libmemalloc_intermediates/ionalloc.o] Error 1
make: *** Waiting for unfinished jobs....
make: Leaving directory `/mnt/6f93af07-43e7-48ed-b349-eeff33fd0700/Dokumenty/cm13'

I use fresh instalation of ubuntu 14.04 and on this system I succesfully build PAC-ROM, CM12.1 and SOKP.

Has anyone solved this error?

Sorry for my bad english.

Are you syncing the correct kernel? Should be the mm6.0 branch of SlimLP-Y300/chil360-kernel.

Guest ondrasouk

target thumb C++: libmemalloc <= hardware/qcom/display-caf/msm7x27a/libgralloc/ionalloc.cpp
hardware/qcom/display-caf/msm7x27a/libgralloc/ionalloc.cpp: In member function 'virtual int gralloc::IonAlloc::clean_buffer(void*, size_t, int, int, int)':
hardware/qcom/display-caf/msm7x27a/libgralloc/ionalloc.cpp:250:24: error: invalid conversion from 'ion_user_handle_t {aka int}' to 'ion_handle*' [-fpermissive]
                        ^
make: *** [/mnt/6f93af07-43e7-48ed-b349-eeff33fd0700/Dokumenty/cm13/out/target/product/u8833/obj/SHARED_LIBRARIES/libmemalloc_intermediates/ionalloc.o] Error 1

I've still got the second error :(

^

I've still got the second error :(

https://github.com/CyanogenMod/android_hardware_qcom_display/commit/e4b539c3b55db862dd8773550d39c45a3690037c

http://review.cyanogenmod.org/#/c/113085/2/include/linux/ion.h

Edited by Guest

Guest anotherjib

No complaints for 0.12, except that battery life seems to have worsened compared to 0.10 and 0.11. I left the phone without charging overnight and battery was almost on zero by morning.

No complaints for 0.12, except that battery life seems to have worsened compared to 0.10 and 0.11. I left the phone without charging overnight and battery was almost on zero by morning.

What will happen if you one night left Google Play Services freezed, and another night leave it in airplane mode?!

Guest camelco

I've been testing all the versions of the Rom since 0.5 version and I want tell you my experience, but first, some considerations; I'm not an english native and I'm not an expert, just a user, so don't know if the expressions are correct.

I make the installation in two ways, with the complete wipe and configuring like new phone and installing over the system; in both cases these were the results:

1. From the update 0.8 don't work fine for me, in all version the phone goes blackscreen constantly, there are delay in the screen response and transitions between apps are very difficult, in the most of cases the phone crash and reboot, always afeter a few minutes with the screen black (iluminate but without response).
  2. Again, after the update 0.8, the internal memory was very limited, just the system and the gapps need near of 600 Mb, therefore left limited space for other apps (I know I can move some apps to SD).
  3. In all versions after the update 0.7 the battery drain (problem with Playservices?), I can fix it with Clean Master, deactivating the autostart of the google apps (Google Search, Hangouts, Gmail, etc.). This problem was very serious, sometimes when the phone is charging... Well, battery don't charge, in fact it was completely discharged and yes still connected.

Now I'm using the 0.7 version again, work fine, the problem with the charge of battery remains, but fixed as I tell you.

That's all, thanks for the work, really appreciate what you do!

Edited by camelco
correction

Guest camelco

Well thanks for the advice, any idea about the battery problem?

@camelco

The problem where google apps are using too much space you can 'fix' it with using the pico pack of gapps, it is bare minimum to get google play to work..

Guest saeidkhajavy

This custom ROM on my phone too slow .
Login SIM card error message is displayed .
No file management software .
Launcher and keyboard occupy much space in memory .
Thanks and I hope to be given assistance .

Guest anotherjib

This custom ROM on my phone too slow .
Login SIM card error message is displayed .
No file management software .
Launcher and keyboard occupy much space in memory .
Thanks and I hope to be given assistance .

Can't say anything about the rest but for file management I use simple explorer; nova launcher and anysoftkeyboard are I think quite economic memorywise; and in general, with link2sd and a 2 gb partition on a 8 gb sd card, fstrim, disabled zram and distributed swap I have no problems with storage; as for performance, for a phone with that little memory I think it manages to serve lollipop reasonably well.

i just install the rom, go to internet, google, aptoide, download and no more! NO GAPPS, that EAT memory, battery, and happiness (well, this just applies on low phones, like the y300).. so thats one little trick to get best on our phones.. sorry for yotube, maps, and all that apps that use Play Services to work... and i do that with other roms... (no names here).. 1st post

Edited by edinRH
1st post