[ROM][5.1.1][ALL]SlimLP Beta 0.15 [06/02/16 ]

Guest chil360

I managed to install the Slim-u8825-5.0.2.alpha.0.91 build (for G330) on my G330.

Update: now it starts correctly. Added GApps and installed Whatsapp and Facebook.

Not sure what caused the problem, but I did the following things to resolve it:

- uninstall Zeam launcher, AppOpsXposed

- moved away /storage/sdcard1/.android_secure, as there were access rights issues

G330 U8825-1

CWM v6.0.4.5:

(Status 1Installation aborted

There seems to be an incompatibility in CWM 6.0.4.5.

I used CWM 6.0.4.4, which first failed with "unable to mount /system".

This is because this ROM needs /system partition to be at least 1GB in size,

while on the G330 it is only 512MB from factory.

I managed to repartition my G330 to have 1.1GB /system without losing any data.

My installed SlimKat 9.0 still worked after this.

Then I formatted /cust, /cache, /system and installed SlimLP, which doesn't come up correctly.

I get the SlimLP boot logo, and have seen the "Android is upgrading... Optimizing app" popup once

(slowly counted from 1-~70 apps), then rebooted after a while.

Now it's permanently showing the SlimLP boot logo. "adb logcat" shows lots of activity,

but it repeats after a while -> boot loop. Even after formatting /data, it just boot loops.

@chil360: The "Slim-u8825-5.0.2.alpha.0.91-UNOFFICIAL-20150207-1839" ROM you provide requires

/system partition to be >= 1GB in size (the "system.new.dat" uncompresses to that size). Therefore

it cannot be installed on G330 without repartitioning.

However, when it is installed after repartitioning, only 338MB are actually used. Of course there's some

room needed for GApps, but with a minimal one, I think 512MB could be enough. If you find a way

to configure the packaged update to get system.new.dat with an uncompressed size of 512MB,

it could be installed on G330 without repartitioning.

As a work-around, this might also work (adapting your ROM zip to allow installation on G330 with stock partitioning):

- Extract system.new.dat from ROM zip

- decompress to an an ext4 partition image *

- resize the partition image to 512MB (using some linux system/vm, or on phone with resize2fs)

- compress to new system.new.dat *

- replace system.new.dat in ROM zip with this new one

- system.transfer.list file likely needs to be adapted in some way, but I have no idea how to do this

*using tool from http://forum.xda-developers.com/android/software-hacking/how-to-conver-lollipop-dat-files-to-t2978952

Edited by hvdh

My G330 fails to start SlimLP 0.91alpha.

Repartitioned G330, formatted /cache, /cust, /data, /system

Installed without any error message:

- Slim-u8825-5.0.2.alpha.0.91-UNOFFICIAL-20150207-1839.zip

- chil360-kernel-20150208-1626-slimlp.zip

- UPDATE-SuperSU-v2.45.zip

Phone boots but hangs at SlimLP boot logo.

Update: now it works. Don't know why.

Bugs:

- Starting Google maps reboots phone

- Wifi connection stays connected, but does not transfer data after 30s-60s of use. Turning Wifi off & on again fixes this. Phone seems to trigger some bug in my AP.

Edited by hvdh

Guest killadroid

Chil360 please make CM12

how's this going to be different from Luca's cm12? let him concentrate on slimLP so that every bug can be fixed.stop making impossible demands

Guest spanitzer

how's this going to be different from Luca's cm12? let him concentrate on slimLP so that every bug can be fixed.stop making impossible demands

Chil make no new builds while slimroms are not release ans New sources.

Guest imhashir

Thanks alot for the ROM chil360.

You did a great job.

I faced following issues:

1. App installation seems to take more time than normal.

2. My phone rebooted when someone connected to my Wifi Hotspot.

3. A lag issue when I installed the ROM but it was solved after about an hour or two.

4. "Usb Computer Connection" is better than MTP. It is missing in ROM. I hope you will add it soon.

However you did a great job. I am neither criticizing on your work nor forcing you to fix these issues as soon as possible. Just take your time sir. Thanks again for such an Awesome Rom.

Guest juanpablocastillo

Thanks alot for the ROM chil360.

You did a great job.

I faced following issues:

1. App installation seems to take more time than normal.

2. My phone rebooted when someone connected to my Wifi Hotspot.

3. A lag issue when I installed the ROM but it was solved after about an hour or two.

4. "Usb Computer Connection" is better than MTP. It is missing in ROM. I hope you will add it soon.

However you did a great job. I am neither criticizing on your work nor forcing you to fix these issues as soon as possible. Just take your time sir. Thanks again for such an Awesome Rom.

First is caused by ART new runtime, it compiles the app on native code on installation process.

Second was reported by the guys on HTCMania. No fix for now.

Third is completely normal if you installed GApps.

Four, well, I don't know. :P

Edited by juanpablocastillo

Guest andrea2107

My G330 fails to start SlimLP 0.91alpha.

Repartitioned G330, formatted /cache, /cust, /data, /system

Installed without any error message:

- Slim-u8825-5.0.2.alpha.0.91-UNOFFICIAL-20150207-1839.zip

- chil360-kernel-20150208-1626-slimlp.zip

- UPDATE-SuperSU-v2.45.zip

Phone boots but hangs at SlimLP boot logo.

Adb logcat repeats maybe every 10 seconds, due to the following error:

I/SystemServer( 1072): User Service

E/System ( 1072): ******************************************

E/System ( 1072): ************ Failure starting system services

E/System ( 1072): java.lang.RuntimeException: Unable to find android system package

E/System ( 1072): at com.android.server.am.ActivityManagerService.setSystemProcess(ActivityManagerService.java:2213)

E/System ( 1072): at com.android.server.SystemServer.startBootstrapServices(SystemServer.java:367)

E/System ( 1072): at com.android.server.SystemServer.run(SystemServer.java:261)

E/System ( 1072): at com.android.server.SystemServer.main(SystemServer.java:177)

E/System ( 1072): at java.lang.reflect.Method.invoke(Native Method)

E/System ( 1072): at java.lang.reflect.Method.invoke(Method.java:372)

E/System ( 1072): at com.android.internal.os.ZygoteInit$MethodAndArgsCaller.run(ZygoteInit.java:898)

E/System ( 1072): at com.android.internal.os.ZygoteInit.main(ZygoteInit.java:693)

E/System ( 1072): Caused by: android.content.pm.PackageManager$NameNotFoundException: android

E/System ( 1072): at android.app.ApplicationPackageManager.getApplicationInfo(ApplicationPackageManager.java:281)

E/System ( 1072): at com.android.server.am.ActivityManagerService.setSystemProcess(ActivityManagerService.java:2195)

E/System ( 1072): ... 7 more

D/AndroidRuntime( 1072): Shutting down VM

E/AndroidRuntime( 1072): *** FATAL EXCEPTION IN SYSTEM PROCESS: main

E/AndroidRuntime( 1072): java.lang.RuntimeException: Unable to find android system package

E/AndroidRuntime( 1072): at com.android.server.am.ActivityManagerService.setSystemProcess(ActivityManagerService.java:2213)

E/AndroidRuntime( 1072): at com.android.server.SystemServer.startBootstrapServices(SystemServer.java:367)

E/AndroidRuntime( 1072): at com.android.server.SystemServer.run(SystemServer.java:261)

E/AndroidRuntime( 1072): at com.android.server.SystemServer.main(SystemServer.java:177)

E/AndroidRuntime( 1072): at java.lang.reflect.Method.invoke(Native Method)

E/AndroidRuntime( 1072): at java.lang.reflect.Method.invoke(Method.java:372)

E/AndroidRuntime( 1072): at com.android.internal.os.ZygoteInit$MethodAndArgsCaller.run(ZygoteInit.java:898)

E/AndroidRuntime( 1072): at com.android.internal.os.ZygoteInit.main(ZygoteInit.java:693)

E/AndroidRuntime( 1072): Caused by: android.content.pm.PackageManager$NameNotFoundException: android

E/AndroidRuntime( 1072): at android.app.ApplicationPackageManager.getApplicationInfo(ApplicationPackageManager.java:281)

E/AndroidRuntime( 1072): at com.android.server.am.ActivityManagerService.setSystemProcess(ActivityManagerService.java:2195)

E/AndroidRuntime( 1072): ... 7 more

I/Process ( 1072): Sending signal. PID: 1072 SIG: 9

Any clue?

Update: same issue with cm-12-20150207-UNOFFICIAL-u8833.zip

Could you try this http://pan.baidu.com/s/1ntqmNH3

Guest wbrambley

For the G330, maybe even the G300 would it be viable to install ROM /system to internal SD card partition and link to phone /system partition?

There has to be an easier solution than changing phone partition tables.

Guest juanpablocastillo

For the G330, maybe even the G300 would it be viable to install ROM /system to internal SD card partition and link to phone /system partition?

There has to be an easier solution than changing phone partition tables.

The problem is, than the G300 isn't similar to the Y300 or G510, neither G330. It need a new branch for it.

Guest imhashir

First is caused by ART new runtime, it compiles the app on native code on installation process.

Second was reported by the guys on HTCMania. No fix for now.

Third is completely normal if you installed GApps.

Four, well, I don't know. [emoji14]

Thanks Friend!

But please if you find some way to get Usb Connection Mode please tell me. It is worth needed.

I think the Mass Storage (UMS) mode just hasn't been implemented in SlimLP yet since it's available in CM12. I hate MTP too, so, for the moment, I'm mostly using ADB.

Guest Jairus1998

Amidst the problems and issues surrounding the latest Android 5.0 Lollipop OS, its alleged major update Android 5.1 is finally taking shape. Latest whispers say that the OS update will be rolled out near the end of February.

This major update was first rumored by Android Pit and added that major Android 5.1 Lollipop OS will be released to manufacturers in the summer or in June or July. The report also added the changelog for the alleged Android 5.1 Lollipop OS update. The following are the bug fixes that will be included in the firmware update:

Silent mode added after missing on Android 5.0

General improvements in system stability

Improved RAM management

Fixes for sudden app closures

Improved battery management

Excessive consumption of network devices when used Wi-Fi fixed

Issues with wireless connections fixed

Problems with Okay Google function solved

Notifications problems solved

Some sound problems experience by certain devices fixed

Other improvements and changes

Changes in the Material Design color palette (after users complaints, possibly for a higher version though)

According to Master Herald, the Android 5.1 Lollipop OS will be a major system update like what was seen in the Jelly Bean update, which had three major system upgrades. The higher number of system updates signifies the problematic launch of the OS.

Guest imhashir

Lcd density in build_prop should be set at 240 not in 200, because everything is smaller and more important icons on home screen look kinda blurry.

Thanks Bro. I changed the Lcd density to 240 in Build.prop and everything looks fine now.

Guest ZOKA0706

Did you reebot after that,beacuse i change too but on cpuz is stil 200 and icons are still small.

System/build.prop promjeni sa 200 na 240 i restartuj

Sent from my Ascend Y300 using MoDaCo mobile app

Guest imhashir

Did you reebot after that,beacuse i change too but on cpuz is stil 200 and icons are still small.

Yup I did!

but i observed that only Icons have become larger in size. Apps still show all content smaller :-(