[ROM][5.1.1][ALL]SlimLP Beta 0.15 [06/02/16 ]

Guest chil360

Guest Sakura78

Is there any solution yet for gapps on the G330?

I've tried "slim zero gapps" as well as the "gapps modular pico" packages, which are the smallest ones I know about. Both of them complain about too little free space in /system filesystem.

Anyway, it's a great ROM. Thanks a lot, chil360!

Guest fonz93

Is there any solution yet for gapps on the G330?

I've tried "slim zero gapps" as well as the "gapps modular pico" packages, which are the smallest ones I know about. Both of them complain about too little free space in /system filesystem.

Anyway, it's a great ROM. Thanks a lot, chil360!

The only way should be disabling the dexpreoptimization for G330 users only, so that the space in /system can be saved, it should free more or less 40 mb, then a custom Gapps package (that extracts all the .apk in /system except Google Play Services, that will be extracted in /data) should work, how much free space in /system do you have after installing the ROM?

Edited by fonz93

Guest Sakura78

The only way should be disabling the dexpreoptimization for G330 users only, so that the space in /system can be saved, it should free more or less 40 mb, then a custom Gapps package (that extracts all the .apk in /system except Google Play Services, that will be extracted in /data) should work, how much free space in /system do you have after installing the ROM?

Thanks for your quick response @fonz93 :)

Disabling the dexpreoptimization would be something the ROM maintainer would need to do, right? Having 40 mb more would certainly be enough for a small gapps package.

This is from the pico gapps installer logs:

--------------------------------------------------
  TYPE  |     DESCRIPTION    |      SIZE |   TOTAL
        | Current Free Space |     51184 |   51184
 Remove |     Existing GApps | +       0 |   51184
 Remove |     Obsolete Files | +    1376 |   52560
Install |              Core² | -   26512 |   26048
Install |           GMSCore² | -   35248 |   -9200
Install |           calsync³ | -    1232 |  -10432
        |      Buffer Space² | -    9216 |  -19648
               Additional Space Required |   19648
          ² Required (ALWAYS Installed)
          ³ Optional (may be removed)

free disk space:

shell@android:/ $ df
Filesystem               Size     Used     Free   Blksize
/dev                   202.3M    44.0K   202.2M   4096
/sys/fs/cgroup         202.3M    12.0K   202.2M   4096
/mnt/asec              202.3M     0.0K   202.3M   4096
/mnt/obb               202.3M     0.0K   202.3M   4096
/cache                 189.0M     4.2M   184.8M   4096
/cust                   78.7M    30.7M    48.1M   4096
/system                503.9M   454.5M    49.4M   4096
/data                  629.9M   224.1M   405.8M   4096

I considered resizing the partition of the "/system" filesystem at the cost of "/data".

Unfortunately a  "parted /dev/block/mmcblk0 print" just ends with "Error: Unable to satisfy all constraints on the partition."

So I skipped that plan for the moment ...

Guest fonz93

Disabling the dexpreoptimization would be something the ROM maintainer would need to do, right?

Yes, i think there is no problem for him, also, if i have some time i will make a custom Gapps package for you, trying to let you install Gapps even with dexpreoptimization enabled

Guest Sakura78

Yes, i think there is no problem for him, also, if i have some time i will make a custom Gapps package for you, trying to let you install Gapps even with dexpreoptimization enabled

That would be great! You'd probably also make some other G330 users very happy with a usable Gapps package :)

The latest update is well and very smooth, the only problem is the display, fonts and images are too small, and the resolution aren't the best.

However very good work, if it hadn't been for Slimroms developers, the rom would have been stable

EDIT: the same of F-asop, I can't download anything from Play Store :(

I use Gapps 5.1.x minimal edition

Edited by Guest

Guest tasat

good build. no black screen... 

SlimKat Recent Apps included.

The latest update is well and very smooth, the only problem is the display, fonts and images are too small, and the resolution aren't the best.

However very good work, if it hadn't been for Slimroms developers, the rom would have been stable

in display menu change dpi to 240

Edited by tasat

Guest tasat

EDIT: the same of F-asop, I can't download anything from Play Store :(

I use Gapps 5.1.x minimal edition

i use slim zero gapps, and it's ok work. do all wipes and install slim gapps (link in head). may be you need format app caсhe...

what do you get error from play market?

p.s. my english is bad :mellow:

Edited by tasat

Guest dkr84

Do you can install this rom themes?

Download the Layers Manager app from the Play Store or download it from here http://www.apkmirror.com/apk/bitsyko-development/manager/layers-manager-3-5-android-apk-download/ .  Install the theme from the app (the theme can be apk that you install previously or zip file that you choose from the Layers manager app) and choose afterwards. After previous steps done reboot you phone. There are nice themes in here: https://plus.google.com/u/0/communities/102261717366580091389 . A little confusing but you'll find your way out..