[ROM][5.1.1][ALL]SlimLP Beta 0.15 [06/02/16 ]

Guest chil360

@chil360: Our system partitions (mostly G330) are very small for ART. You can compile with WITH_ART_SMALL_MODE for address this. More info:

http://source.android.com/devices/tech/dalvik/configure.html#with_art_small_mode

I wouldn't do that. It will reduce use on /data, but not on /system.

It has a major(!) downside: ART-optimization of all apps (system and user) is disabled and code gets only interpreted instead.

Expect many apps to get much slower.

If /data actually is too small, you can enlarge the partition (at cost of internal SD size).

Guest luca020400

It has a major(!) downside: ART-optimization of all apps (system and user) is disabled and code gets only interpreted instead.

If /data actually is too small, you can enlarge the partition (at cost of internal SD size).

Hmm

For devices with very limited space, WITH_ART_SMALL_MODE can be enabled. This option compiles the boot classpath and nothing else, greatly reducing first boot time since most compilation is skipped. It also saves on storage because there is no compiled code for apps. However, this impacts runtime performance since app code has to be interpreted. The impact is limited since most performance sensitive code in the framework is still compiled, but regressions may appear in benchmarking.

Meanwhile current WITH_DEXPREOPT=true use /data and /system space

Guest juanpablocastillo

Remember than the runtime only loads the app and his resources/libraries on start. So the performance will be compromised only when the app starts.

This is an alternative a little bit risky, for me at least. :P.

Edited by juanpablocastillo

Guest coolvpraveen95

My internal sd is not working after installing slimlp,it shows unable to mount internal sd,now im currently using slimkat,but same problem occurs,so im planned to install huawei original stock rom

If anyone knows to resolve,let me know plzz...

My internal sd is not working after installing slimlp,it shows unable to mount internal sd,now im currently using slimkat

Can you mount it on a PC? If so, try to quick format it from Windows.

Guest chil360

The latest info I have seen from Slim is this post from in the Slim Google+ community: https://plus.google.com/103688815660244370708/posts/JuZPQpjms7D

So it looks like it could be few weeks before they publish any updates/builds publicly. It's good to hear the development work is continuing even though nothing has been committed to the public github repos.

As there are no updates available to the SlimLP source code, there is reason to make any new builds for our devices unless I make any further progress with fixing the existing issues (media support, unstable wifi, FM radio...).

This week I have started looking at media support and made a little progress - I can now record video from the camera app. It occasionally crashes the app which I'm looking into at the moment but does successfully capture and encode the video correctly. Still can't play back the video through Gallery though. I will try and make a bit more progress before publishing a build.

Guest andrea2107

@chil360

Android 5.1 is officially out. Maybe you can use the source code on fixing something.

He can't mix slimLP with aosp to make slimLP 5.1...and 5.1 won't magically fix nothing

Guest Jairus1998

I need to study about android. Problem is 'time'

I'm still confused on changing partition layout.

Need newbie steps. Can anyone help

I'm still confused on changing partition layout. Need newbie steps. Can anyone help

For G330, i have posted a how-to: http://www.modaco.com/topic/374535-how-to-repartition-g330/

For Y300, it should be simliar.

Even if you don't need to enlarge /system anymore, it is useful to have a larger

/data partition at cost of internal SD size (/emmc). You can install more apps without App2SD and

there's more room for Dalvik/ART optimization files.

Luckily, /data and /emmc are the last two partitions. You can change them without touching the

sensitive partitions (system, baseband firmware etc), which makes it quite low risk.

Edited by hvdh

Guest Jairus1998

For G330, i have posted a how-to: http://www.modaco.com/topic/374535-how-to-repartition-g330/

For Y300, it should be simliar.

Even if you don't need to enlarge /system anymore, it is useful to have a larger

/data partition at cost of internal SD size (/emmc). You can install more apps without App2SD and

there's more room for Dalvik/ART optimization files.

Luckily, /data and /emmc are the last two partitions. You can change them without touching the

sensitive partitions (system, baseband firmware etc), which makes it quite low risk.

Thanks. Finally someone who understand

Guest tarinka

For all those who have problems with lag try to wipe dalvik cache and cache after install application and disable zram. For me works very well without lag.

Guest Dendzo

Hi Chil360, I just want to thank you (and Dazz of course) for your effort to bring KK and LP to ours y300/g510/g330...  Now i own LG G2 Mini Lte and it's awesome. Currently it's on 4.4.2 and soon we will get 5.0.2 (i hope so, l90 already got it)

Greeting from Serbia. Cheers!