[ROM][5.1.1][ALL]SlimLP Beta 0.15 [06/02/16 ]

Guest chil360

Guest Arbab Irfan

Test 3 ---Had black screen last night, CM12.1 get smoother.. I had no black screen until I run game without clearing apps from app switcher.

my opinion when all ram occupied screen goes black but all function Processes are normal.. like sound,  but OS do not response to any input. like touch, back , home, or even power button.. its like LP can fill RAM more quickly, then unload Ram, it got confuse what to load and unload, when more application being run in back ground... 

I am no dev & sorry for my english..... :D

Moreover, when i kill app screen says app killed, but appswitcher shows it, until i clear it.... app switcher shows app even you exit any app and if you restart your phone and didn't clear app from app switcher... you would see all apps in app switcher after restart. i dont know how it works.

Should restarting clear appswitcher?..... oh its cm12.1 .... did anyone has same issue or its only me..?

Edited by Arbab Irfan

Guest dkr84

Test 3 ---Had black screen last night, CM12.1 get smoother.. I had no black screen until I run game without clearing apps from app switcher.

my opinion when all ram occupied screen goes black but all function Processes are normal.. like sound,  but OS do not response to any input. like touch, back , home, or even power button.. its like LP can fill RAM more quickly, then unload Ram, it got confuse what to load and unload, when more application being run in back ground... 

I am no dev & sorry for my english..... :D

Moreover, when i kill app screen says app killed, but appswitcher shows it, until i clear it.... app switcher shows app even you exit any app and if you restart your phone and didn't clear app from app switcher... you would see all apps in app switcher after restart. i dont know how it works.

Should restarting clear appswitcher?..... oh its cm12.1 .... did anyone has same issue or its only me..?

I don't think it's ram related. In my case, black screen happened during normal usage of the phone. With a couple of apps installed and a few greeniffied. It's random like Fonz said. It can happen while you're playing the game or doing no intensive tasks.

Guest fonz93

I don't think it's ram related. In my case, black screen happened during normal usage of the phone. With a couple of apps installed and a few greeniffied. It's random like Fonz said. It can happen while you're playing the game or doing no intensive tasks.

No, that's exactly a RAM related problem, the black screen i am referring to is:

BUGS:

- Sometimes you can get a black screen while resuming from sleep, the cause is still unknown, i am working on it

This is the one i am referring to, you a have black screen while waking up the phone and NOT with display already on, because there were some misunderstandings, be sure that the "black screen" you are reporting is like the one i described, thanks.

Edited by fonz93

Guest dkr84

I was referring to lack of ram while playing the game and with display on (didn't express my thoughts clearly). And in my case black screen always happened while resuming from deep sleep.

Guest Arbab Irfan

No, that's exactly a RAM related problem, the black screen i am referring to is:

This is the one i am referring to, you a have black screen while waking up the phone and NOT with display already on, because there were some misunderstandings, be sure that the "black screen" you are reporting is like the one i described, thanks.

I feel great difference when I clear Recent apps from appswitcher ... Luca020400 told me that Appswitcher shows recent app... My question is app really close properly when we exit them?... appswitcher really effecting RAM or Processes...

Today I installed Facebook after clearing recent apps... when i logged in ... Bottons light was on... OS was not responding to my input.... then screen gone black..coz i pressed power button. I waited for 5 minutes.. put out batteries then restarted phone ... I open FB i was logged in :excl: ... I thought I need to login :o ... while black screen FB app was working normally. well I use FB lite.... its like web browser.. but i wana test something like this. thats why i installed FB (the heavy app not lite).

Some time ago I was listen to songs through Bluetooth handset... Screen was black... Phone input was unresponsive. but i was able to change songs through bluetooth handset even able to make Call to recent number. I hope my experience would help ...  

Edited by Arbab Irfan

Guest Arbab Irfan

I was referring to lack of ram while playing the game and with display on (didn't express my thoughts clearly). And in my case black screen always happened while resuming from deep sleep.

I never faced Black screen while waking phone from deep sleep,  I have G510. before Flashing Test-3.. I used to face problem with Game ClashofClans... That after loading,  game works properly but input do not response... sometime touch response after 0.5 to 1 minute but its often that i have to put out the batteries... but this problem is gone after flashing test-3

Edited by Arbab Irfan

Guest joseaguero2901

my black screens are after several minutes of deep sleep and wake up wanting to cell goes black screen, and past me 3 times today

Guest wbrambley

I feel great difference when I clear Recent apps from appswitcher ... Luca020400 told me that Appswitcher shows recent app... My question is app really close properly when we exit them?... appswitcher really effecting RAM or Processes...

Today I installed Facebook after clearing recent apps... when i logged in ... Bottons light was on... OS was not responding to my input.... then screen gone black..coz i pressed power button. I waited for 5 minutes.. put out batteries then restarted phone ... I open FB i was logged in :excl: ... I thought I need to login :o ... while black screen FB app was working normally. well I use FB lite.... its like web browser.. but i wana test something like this. thats why i installed FB (the heavy app not lite).

Some time ago I was listen to songs through Bluetooth handset... Screen was black... Phone input was unresponsive. but i was able to change songs through bluetooth handset even able to make Call to recent number. I hope my experience would help ...

Try this: https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=eu.chainfire.recently

(To reduce recent apps)

Edited by wbrambley

Guest Arbab Irfan

I installed this app... and limit the age 1 hour back ground running app,  recent app entry limit 5, let see..... 

Ohh Yes.... I had black screen from waking phone from deepsleep..... Before I install app named "eu.chainfire.Recently".... I turn wifi on... so I could install that app, and I was not in any kind of hurry.. <_<  so locked the phone place it on table, I wait that it connect... but... I hear rings of many notification from FB whatsapp. and other msgs. so I tried unlocking phone..... press power button screen was black & three buttons from bottom lightened up. I waited but phone "notification light" it has to be green but it was blinking.. like a Blue SOS.. Blue Battery light weird ... then I putout battery. I don't had this type of black screen ..I just installed facebook... Blue SOS telling me to uninstall it and install "facebook Lite" ^_^ ..  It might be FB, Whatsapp, notification, wifi, or LP lockscreen (it also show notification), how they effect RAM and processor.  

still I am on test-3, G510, CM12.1 Thanks..... :D

Guest telopido

kernel which is best for this rom, and another question remains unstable wifi?

Some said they found a Facebook group where to pick a CM12 kernel to install under SlimLP.

So I tell those users: may you gently share the link to that kernel (or, at least, to that facebook group) here ?  :)

Edited by telopido

Guest mRibti

Hi guys .. i decided to flash the u8825 version on my G330 .. it flashed nicely .. could not flash normal gapps coz not enough space in the phone .. sound is working ok .. but device is not able to read any simcard .. can someone help me on this .. i know there is a mod for KK but not for the 5.0 ... 

give me a shout someone 

Thanks

Guest chil360

I have just uploaded my first Android 5.1 based SlimLP - Alpha 0.3.

It's still an early alpha so not all of the typical Slim features have been ported to 5.1 yet. However, I have cherry-picked support for Layers RRO2.1 themes.

Note: Built in root is now working, so there is no need to install SuperSU.

Guest Jefrey Reyes

I have just uploaded my first Android 5.1 based SlimLP - Alpha 0.3.

It's still an early alpha so not all of the typical Slim features have been ported to 5.1 yet. However, I have cherry-picked support for Layers RRO2.1 themes.

Note: Built in root is now working, so there is no need to install SuperSU.

Excellent I will now test chil360

Guest dkr84

Do we still need to flash kernel for mobile data?

Edit: We have to.. Thank you Chill for this update. I can't wait to try it out :-)

Edited by dkr84

Guest farfix

Do we still need to flash kernel for mobile data?

Edit: We have to.. Thank you Chill for this update. I can't wait to try it out :-)

I think the kernel wa for the very first SlimLP versions... I supose that the mobile data fix is included in this version