[ROM][5.1.1][ALL]SlimLP Beta 0.15 [06/02/16 ]

Guest chil360

Guest stevelexx

Hi chil360, great rom.we are so thankful and humbled for you bringing Lollipop to our phone, a kind request..could you please continue F-ASOP left by fonz93 alongside slimLP please. Thank you

Hi chil360, great rom.we are so thankful and humbled for you bringing Lollipop to our phone, a kind request..could you please continue F-ASOP left by fonz93 alongside slimLP please. Thank you

Not sure whether chil360 is listening, but i am just looking into building an updated Kitkat ROM (SlimKat or CM11.0).
However, i'm a Windows developer and need to learn a bit about git and patch, so it'll take some time.
I've learnt already that some repos/branches used for Kitkat builds last year don't exist anymore.

Hello
Why is this ROM on my phone fixed Myson ??? !!!
I can not run after installation, but after turning off !!

Can you please rephrase your problem? I fear no one can understand you.

Guest TheNemesis584

Do you guys really think that lollipop can actually work on 512mb ram device (better than its working now)?

yes, of course, i'm using it for speed

Guest farfix

Do you guys really think that lollipop can actually work on 512mb ram device (better than its working now)?

Well... KitKat works smoothly... Lollipop, in early beta, too :)

Guest gayanper

It seems that the black screen is caused when you have adaptive brightness option is enabled. I have tries disabling mpdecision manually and increasing the min freq but no avail still the black screen happens. But i was wondering if it was cause by CPU then how come the navigation buttons lights up ? well if the phone doesn't process any input those light should not light up and down after lock screen navigation light delay. So i though the problem might be the screen backlight and i disabled the adaptive britness option. And now running the latest beta version for one week with no black screen. Hope this helps others as well and for @chili to trouble shoot the problem if possible.

This fits with my estimation.
I do not know too much about the hardware architecture of a G510, but if it is similar to a PC, I would say that touching the hardware buttons causing vibration and the lights going on/off shows that the CPU is still working (at whatever speed…), and the black screen problem actually comes from the adaptive brightness control or some GPU related part of the device.
Edited by UliZ

Guest Marko297

It seems that the black screen is caused when you have adaptive brightness option is enabled. I have tries disabling mpdecision manually and increasing the min freq but no avail still the black screen happens. But i was wondering if it was cause by CPU then how come the navigation buttons lights up ? well if the phone doesn't process any input those light should not light up and down after lock screen navigation light delay. So i though the problem might be the screen backlight and i disabled the adaptive britness option. And now running the latest beta version for one week with no black screen. Hope this helps others as well and for @chili to trouble shoot the problem if possible.

I have not enabled adaptive brightness option and I have a black screen everyday ..... hahahahah I had just now a black screen!

Edited by Marko297

Guest Marko297

I can't change the planned revival of the CPU to save power. I want to disable it because notifications whatsapp and calls arriving late! I want to try this solution but Kernel Auditorium once disabled it sets me back on enabled!

Guest TheNemesis584

I can't change the planned revival of the CPU to save power. I want to disable it because notifications whatsapp and calls arriving late! I want to try this solution but Kernel Auditorium once disabled it sets me back on enabled!

set apply on boot option

Guest TheNemesis584

adaptive brightness is always deactivated for me and I had black screen, I increased cpu freq and disabled mp decision and now everything is working normal. Download and install Kernel Adiutor, do the same and turn on option "apply on boot"

Guest chil360

Not sure whether chil360 is listening, but i am just looking into building an updated Kitkat ROM (SlimKat or CM11.0).

I am still here but unfortunately I haven't had much time to work on android recently. So, here's the situation...

SlimLP

There are a number of problems remaining with this ROM...

Black Screen issue when coming out of sleep
    Hardware video decoding/encoding
    Unstable Wifi:
        Frequent connection drops
        Device reboots when transferring files over wifi
    Camera Issues:
        Sometimes get 'Cannot connect to camera'
        Photos & videos are very dark
    FM Radio Support - Tunes into channel but audio isn't routed to speaker/headphones

The situation is that I just don't know how to fix these problems, I've tried but haven't made any progress on these. In the case of the hardware video encoding/decoding (OMX), I'm not sure if it's even possible to fix. Support for msm7x27a based devices was dropped some time ago which means that there's not much help available to fix these problems and all of the devs have moved on to newer devices. I will continue to build this rom whenever Slim publish new versions but I can't really see much progress being made on hardware support for this device unless other devs get involved to fix these problems.

Slimkat (Display CAF)

Due to the issues outlined above with SlimLP, I have been thinking that a new build of a display-caf based Slimkat would probably be the best choice ROM for every day use on our device. AOSP Mod is definitely the best choice for gaming but a Slimkat display-caf build (using chromium webview) would give the best application compatibility. So, I am going to start working on a new build of Slimkat 9 final using display-caf. I think the only thing that won't work will be the hardware video encoding/decoding which would mean higher battery use for video playback in software mode. I will publish it when it's done and we can see if any other issues arise.

Edited by chil360

adaptive brightness is always deactivated for me and I had black screen, I increased cpu freq and disabled mp decision and now everything is working normal. Download and install Kernel Adiutor, do the same and turn on option "apply on boot"

I had tried that too, even checked that cpu freq and mp changes were still set after restart etc., but still had blackscreens. I also had much higher power consumption that I have with slimkat.

So I am looking forward now to the new slimkat 9 release chil has announced.

Edited by UliZ

Guest anotherjib

I am still here but unfortunately I haven't had much time to work on android recently. So, here's the situation...

SlimLP

Unstable Wifi:
    Camera Issues:
    FM Radio Support - Tunes into channel but audio isn't routed to speaker/headphones

The situation is that I just don't know how to fix these problems, I've tried but haven't made any progress on these. In the case of the hardware video encoding/decoding (OMX), I'm not sure if it's even possible to fix. Support for msm7x27a based devices was dropped some time ago which means that there's not much help available to fix these problems and all of the devs have moved on to newer devices. I will continue to build this rom whenever Slim publish new versions but I can't really see much progress being made on hardware support for this device unless other devs get involved to fix these problems.

Slimkat (Display CAF)

Due to the issues outlined above with SlimLP, I have been thinking that a new build of a display-caf based Slimkat would probably be the best choice ROM for every day use on our device. AOSP Mod is definitely the best choice for gaming but a Slimkat display-caf build (using chromium webview) would give the best application compatibility. So, I am going to start working on a new build of Slimkat 9 final using display-caf. I think the only thing that won't work will be the hardware video encoding/decoding which would mean higher battery use for video playback in software mode. I will publish it when it's done and we can see if any other issues arise.

I think I'll still stick to your slimlp - I just love it. Cannot thank too much for your unique effort!

Guest cachetesmata3

SlimLP

Unstable Wifi:
    Camera Issues:

Slimkat (Display CAF)

@chil360 would be very good that continent SlimKat or create a new ROM

SlimLP

Unstable Wifi:
    Camera Issues:

Slimkat (Display CAF)

What is display-caf?

(Sorry for the ignorance)