[ROM][5.1.1][ALL]SlimLP Beta 0.15 [06/02/16 ]

Guest chil360

Guest anotherjib

Switched to 0.6, all is well so far, except antutu says "Not verified", with this cryptic (for me) explanation:

What is not verify

1.No network connection during testing.
2.Manufacturer changed system timer to cheat!
3.AnTuTu's network connection has been blocked by system or software.

Never happened before, and I did not do anything I did not do before. Everything (including wifi) works as usual. Any ideas what this might mean? 

Guest filip_22b

I tried the last 0.6 version but I don't know why the only lollipop ROM that's working well on my U8833 Is the F-AOSP I'm not sure who did it but reality I don't know how do you guys get SlimLP, CM 12 or 12.1 to work properly.

Guest chil360

I am still here but unfortunately I haven't had much time to work on android recently. So, here's the situation...

SlimLP

There are a number of problems remaining with this ROM...

Black Screen issue when coming out of sleep
    Hardware video decoding/encoding
    Unstable Wifi:
        Frequent connection drops
        Device reboots when transferring files over wifi
    Camera Issues:
        Sometimes get 'Cannot connect to camera'
        Photos & videos are very dark
    FM Radio Support - Tunes into channel but audio isn't routed to speaker/headphones

The situation is that I just don't know how to fix these problems, I've tried but haven't made any progress on these. In the case of the hardware video encoding/decoding (OMX), I'm not sure if it's even possible to fix. Support for msm7x27a based devices was dropped some time ago which means that there's not much help available to fix these problems and all of the devs have moved on to newer devices. I will continue to build this rom whenever Slim publish new versions but I can't really see much progress being made on hardware support for this device unless other devs get involved to fix these problems.

Slimkat (Display CAF)

Due to the issues outlined above with SlimLP, I have been thinking that a new build of a display-caf based Slimkat would probably be the best choice ROM for every day use on our device. AOSP Mod is definitely the best choice for gaming but a Slimkat display-caf build (using chromium webview) would give the best application compatibility. So, I am going to start working on a new build of Slimkat 9 final using display-caf. I think the only thing that won't work will be the hardware video encoding/decoding which would mean higher battery use for video playback in software mode. I will publish it when it's done and we can see if any other issues arise.

New SlimKat 9.0 (Display CAF) build now available. For more info and download links, see the original post of the SlimKat thread here.

I tried latest beta and kernel before I tried your latest SlimKat. I still experienced black screen bug. Also too much reboots. I wiped all, and also my external sd for a clean install but no luck. Hope anyone figures it out. Thanks for all the effort chil. I'll test whatever update you bring. Good luck.

Guest anotherjib

With the 20150824 version of the kernel the phone seemed definitely laggier, I reverted to the previous kernel as I did not have any blackscreens anyway.

It might be though that this was because this kernel requires another governor/scheduler combination (I was using badass/sioplus, tried with it some other possibilities like wheatley/vr, etc. but it was still slow)

Guest herrdeh

On my phone with 0.6, blackscreens are worse than ever, And BT keyboard is hardly useable, connection will break down every minute. I'm back to 0.4.

On 0.4, it seems to be related to security settings. I used to have "lock after 2mins of inactivity" - and very often, the phone would lock, allthough it was switched on and I was using it. Now I set the delay time to 30mins, and I didnt have one single black screen since then.

I cant use the "cloudii" sync app. I can create an owncloud account and log into it, but when trying to create a pair of folders to be synced, the app will hang with a rotating circle. Could this be related to the ftp server problem?

Anyway - I like it, and I'm very certain that further progress will be achieved, such talented developers are involved!

With admiration, Wolf

Guest Jairus1998

Guys, Since I've updated to beta 0.6, my SD card cannot be read. My pictures,music,videos,ext... are not displaying anything but when I use file explorer, my files are there.I tried changing ROM to beta 0.4 and still the same problem. Other ROMs like Kitkat and Jellybean works fine. Is there anyway to fix this issue. 

Guest TheNemesis584

Guys, Since I've updated to beta 0.6, my SD card cannot be read. My pictures,music,videos,ext... are not displaying anything but when I use file explorer, my files are there.I tried changing ROM to beta 0.4 and still the same problem. Other ROMs like Kitkat and Jellybean works fine. Is there anyway to fix this issue. 

what kernel you use? have you installed test kernel?

Hello
Your cmw recovery  may reply  test

Guest Jairus1998

what kernel you use? have you installed test kernel?

At first I use stock. Then I changed to 24.8.2015 kernel hoping it will fix. But still NO!

Hello
Your cmw recovery  may reply  test

Not working

Guest TheNemesis584

I tried that. It doesn't work. I tried may ways even reverting to older builds. 

@chil360 I need your help. Please

then copy your data from SD to computer, do a full format, do it over computer, copy data back to SD and see what will happen