Nokia N1 hands on

Guest James Norton

Guest James Norton

What does the name Nokia mean to you? If it means back-end cellular connectivity devices and high speed LTE provision then nothing about Microsoft's purchase of Nokia will have phased you. If however, the brand means high quality phones, innovative software and a unique view on the world, then the last few years might have been a little painful to watch.

Worry no more, Nokia are back with the N1, an all glass and metal Android tablet. Few have had a chance to see it before now, but Intel have an N1 on their booth highlighting the Atom SoC found in the tablet and we wasted no time in having a play and recording a video for your viewing pleasure.

Click here to view the item

• 2 weeks later...
Guest Sere83

Eying up an import at the minute. £228 shipped 32gb with gPlay onboard, not ideal but not too bad when you consider an ipad mini 16gb is £319. Will probably order at some point though as nokia are sounding pretty cagey about an EU release. Clucking to get my hands on one, I was close to grabbing an Nvidia shield a while back after the Nexus 7 got nabbed, but after this was announced I just knew it had to be, 4:3/all metal/decent price/lollipop/strong gpu is basically an anomaly in the android world. Only shortcoming is lack of storage but not a deal breaker for me. Quite funny the way they highlight the alignment of the back camera, kind of right though, improvement over the ipad for sure.

Although its close to an iPad mini 3 externally,  whats amazing is how similar internally this is too, with what i'd imagine to be exactly the same display and the fact the atom soc uses the same Power VR GPU used in the Apple A8. Not a bad thing though in my mind, iPad mini design is nice and something similar without the restrictions of iOS is a winner.

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.