[ROM][4.4.2] Material_Reloaded (Android_L mod)

Guest 77chedu

Guest 77chedu

NEW VERSION (26/04/15)

https://mega.co.nz/#!FJwmAQbJ!Y3IbUGx5_NxnaC0GLFkiz3Sk6vTZG0aE6_hnOU6hfZo

New fonts and DPI change, taken from the latest AOSP form usermau/maucat

New Dolby interface

Fixed SD card

Fully functional init.d (*) and zram 

Added MonsterUI module (as a user app) as a partial fix for the white backgorund notifications issue

===================================================================

(*) It wasn't working on previuos versions, and I'm afraid that the same thing could happen with other roms

Ok, so here it's. I think some things could get mixed up having different versions around so I'm opening this thread

This is my modified version of RMGs Android_L. My first two versions were mainly focused on cleaning up RMGs and I started focusing on the camera.

Some users at the spanish forum were very enthusiastic about  Maucat/usermau Infocus port performance in that area, so I attempted to extract the camera, and ended up doing a port of-sorts, using maucat's as stock

The camera app itself is nothing extraordinary. It won't get 13M on 16:9, just 12, but performance is fairly good and I think it gets better using third party apps: A better camera, LG, FV5... pick your favourite

Settings have been slightly modified to include some apps on its interface, thanks to a very talented contributor, VanesaRS, that ported the rom to the xiaomi redmi note -and Fire team ported back her rom to our phone-

Some screenies attached below

After install, you should activate your xposed framework and its modules. I tried having them pre-activated, but it would give some errors

Issues so far:

- The rom's laucher is Nova's beta, materinova. It won't update automatically, so you need to download from its page

- Some app controls (think of some music players, for instance) or notifications on the notification bar won't be visible, due to the white background. The audio player shipped with the rom, shows fine though. This should be adressed on the next release

-Voice capture on camera does not work

Enjoy and please report any issues that you may find here or on its thread at MovilesDualSIm

Your feedback is greatly appreciated

post-1048024-0-28128300-1426846303_thumb

post-1048024-0-86549500-1426846313_thumb

post-1048024-0-52852400-1426846351_thumb

post-1048024-0-91047700-1428387434_thumb

post-1048024-0-04040700-1428387485_thumb

post-1048024-0-54462100-1428387512.jpg

post-1048024-0-81115000-1428387532_thumb

post-1048024-0-02823700-1428387560_thumb

Edited by 77chedu

Guest Gandri Gustiano

Your material 2.1 + kernel lael v3 = great battery back up. Some how ive been trying pushed laek camera, still not working (camera fc) event i copying libs of laek. Hahaha.. Nevermind.. Your work is good!

Just for gaming (not hard one) im found mine become hot increasingly Hopefully its only mine. Dont know the others..

Thx

Guest 77chedu

Your material 2.1 + kernel lael v3 = great battery back up. Some how ive been trying pushed laek camera, still not working (camera fc) event i copying libs of laek. Hahaha.. Nevermind.. Your work is good!

Just for gaming (not hard one) im found mine become hot increasingly Hopefully its only mine. Dont know the others..

Thx

I'll take a look at Laek's camera, but I don't remember it as an outstanding one.

I'm testing a different Coolpad camera right now, actually the one that's included on m@anish latest HiveUI, but don't know if it'll make it to the next release. Third party apps work better on my opinion.

Guest 77chedu

Could you check if the Fancy widget settings cause the FC ? Thx

Yes it does. Don't know exactly why

Could I suggest Xwidget? It works fine, and there're like literally hundreds available. 

I've tried a number of widgets (Yahoo, Zooper, 1weather, Amber, Grumpy weather) and they work just fine. Weird

Guest enter3

This watch I have incorporated into the launcher.

How Fancy Widget causes FC, he probably also Polish navigation Automapa settings as well. This was the other mod Android L.
Thx

Guest 77chedu

This watch I have incorporated into the launcher.

How Fancy Widget causes FC, he probably also Polish navigation Automapa settings as well. This was the other mod Android L.

Thx

Do this apps work on other KK roms? 

• 3 weeks later...
Guest Gandri Gustiano

Does this version fixed overheat when playing game mr.77chedu?

Ive tested many Material L on all neighbourhood, and the problem still persist. Hope forward on your latest release. I will try it. Thx for your share. Cheers

Guest 77chedu

Does this version fixed overheat when playing game mr.77chedu?

Ive tested many Material L on all neighbourhood, and the problem still persist. Hope forward on your latest release. I will try it. Thx for your share. Cheers

I didn't notice any overheating with a normal use on the different test builds that I've been running on my phone for a couple of weeks, but I don't do any gaming. So I can't really check, but I'll take a look in to this if the problem persists.

Take advantage of the software provided and uncheck some boxes on autostart apps, or try different profiles with pacperformance, and see if it gets better.

Guest 77chedu

any changelog??

battery consumption readings? (SoT)

I just wrote a couple of lines under the download link. More detailed info on its thread over at the spanish forum

Probably could post some battery stats later today or tomorrow.

And ART included now? Tq

With xposed preactivated, doesn't make much sense using art on this rom

===============

Bonus:

Coolpad camera with the "pro" toggle and functions

https://drive.google.com/file/d/0ByEOR9M5bXAtR1F0WlMyYzFoOWM/view?usp=sharing

The app itself looks the same compared to the ATX one that was posted on the main thread. You may try it first without the added libs

================

Both XLED and heads-up notifications that are included on the settings, doesn't seem to work well; probably due to some error compiling

To get XLED to work just downgrade it from Xposed

Headsup, just uninstall it and reinstall it from the play store

Both will be visible on the app drawer, but functional

Edited by 77chedu

Guest Hormon

after installing this rom,  i  am facing sensor issues.

Format system, cache, Dalvik

Install the rom again.

Rom is very stable and everything in it works.

Guest rohitjaiswal

Install the rom again.

Install the rom again.

yes  its working 8gb a310 but show  senors and volume up button wrong events on 16gb a311. :(

Guest Gandri Gustiano

Try these:

.factory reset

.wipe cache

.wipe dalvik

.format system

Then flash the rom

Note: dont restore data via recovery. Just Titanium Backup.

Edited by Gandri Gustiano

Guest rohitjaiswal

Try these:

.factory reset

.wipe cache

.wipe dalvik

.format system

Then flash the rom

Try these:

.factory reset

.wipe cache

.wipe dalvik

.format system

Then flash the rom

i have completely wiped and install the rom  but  now i am facing volume up button event is work

Guest 77chedu

Not sure what issue are you describing with the volume button. 

I don't follow much the micromax xda threads, but I think that a3111 users as yourself are facing sensors issues with custom roms made for F1/a310/polymer

=================

Probably later today I'll upload a revision, either via new rom zip, or patch. Latest kernel, and temps confs, video player with clear motion

As some of you might now I don't have an external SD. It seems  that some users are facing some issues with that. I've tried to fix it, but I'm really flying blind here with no SDcard, to test the changes

Worst case scenario, from what some people are reporting, you'd have to use XinternalSD module, which may be a downside, but I think is not to critical

In any case, if someone is willing to fix that and step up and take the rom form here, I'm ok with that. I honestly think that is very nice rom.

Guest 77chedu

Hi,

There have been some reports of a malware/virus allocated on the framework-res.apk (VBS/Ramnit.gen!A)

I don't think it's a threat to android systems. And I hadn't noticed it previuosly, because I don't use windows. It can on ly infect your computer if you actually uncompress or decompile the apk and open the files

I've reuploaded the zip clean of that, but beware of other versions of this Lollipop lookalike rom because, it might not have been fixed by the author/repacker

I can only retrack its origin back to the first RMGs Android L rom, but most of the newer releases that are appearing are taking VanesaRS version for the xiaomi redmi note as base, re-porting back the rom to the F1 (or other clones) and she used the very same rom, for her port

Sorry for any inconvenience

Edited by 77chedu