[DEV][ROM][24.4.] CyanogenMod 12.1 (Android 5.1.1) for ZTE Open C / Kis 3

Guest KonstaT

Guest KonstaT

I have the Optus Hop Smart V811 and this does not work on my device all I get is Not Verified? I have no idea why it does this and I have been trying for over a week now to get this on my phone

No clue what could even possibly return 'Not Verified'. You need to be more specific than that. Most likely you're doing something very wrong...

Week should be more than enough to read all the instructions and get familiar with Android custom ROMs 101. First you need to install a custom recovery. Then you can install a custom ROM using that custom recovery.

Guest metallist10

KonstaT-Russian's won't Android 6, cyanogenmod 13. Please help me, please please please ...I'm waiting what you say. Sorry bad language 

Guest KonstaT

KonstaT- CM 13 Android M(6)  do it? 

KonstaT-Russian's won't Android 6, cyanogenmod 13. Please help me, please please please ...I'm waiting what you say. Sorry bad language 

Already gave a thorough reply about CM13 on the previous page and I've also tweeted a pic since (lets put one here as well as this is better :P).

People asking about it is not going to make anything happen any quicker and I'm not going to start releasing any half-assed early builds because many things are still very broken. No ETAs as always!

Screenshot_20151021-163457.png

Edited by KonstaT

• 3 weeks later...
Guest lynxx83

quick question.. regarding the ZTE Open C specs, I've read somewhere it only supports up to 32GB microSD cards.. but not sure whether this is related to chip limitations (if there are any), or limitations of the Firefox OS..

if such a limit exists, is there a way to get around this and use the full capacity of a 64GB card? (on your Cm12 ofc ;) )

thx..

Edited by lynxx83

Guest KonstaT

Would it be possible to use F2FS with this?

No, not currently and not likely to happen. Kernel doesn't support F2FS but it would be possible to port the driver. It would also require adding the necessary fstab entries for F2FS partition, adding F2FS file system tools, as well as building a recovery image that you could use to format certain partitions to either EXT4 or F2FS. Quite a lot of work and testing to make that happen.

quick question.. regarding the ZTE Open C specs, I've read somewhere it only supports up to 32GB microSD cards.. but not sure whether this is related to chip limitations (if there are any), or limitations of the Firefox OS..

if such a limit exists, is there a way to get around this and use the full capacity of a 64GB card? (on your Cm12 ofc ;) )

There is no hardware limitation AFAIK. 32gb is the limitation of FAT32 filesystem generally used in sdcards. exFAT/NTFS filesystems (for sdcards >32gb) are proprietary and there is no software support for them on this device (manufacturer would need to pay licencing fees to Microsoft). Linux users could format their large sdcards to EXT4 but there still might be some problems how Android handles that.

Edit. Hmm, apparently CyanogenMod has supported exFAT through FUSE for quite some time. No idea if it actually works and would exFAT formatted sdcards work in CWM/TWRP, too.
https://github.com/CyanogenMod/android_external_exfat/tree/cm-13.0

Edited by KonstaT

Guest KonstaT

Thanks you KonstaT! I'm waiting CM-13. 

You simple the Best!!! Respect from Russia! 

We waiting ANDROID 6.0. Please do it CM13, WAIT ...WAIT ...WAIT RESPECT from RUSSIAN!!! 

Android 6.0 - what's news in this project?  Sorry bad language. 

Alpha version be? What's do you do? 

Konsta we very won't ALPHA -1 version. 

Please stop spamming this thread! When I said no ETA (estimated time of arrival) I really meant it. You have no idea how annoying that is and pestering me about updates is the last thing you want to do. It will be released when it's ready and if/when I feel like it. If you're in such a hurry, do it yourself (or find a way to contribute to common cause). That's the beauty of open source.

As for status update, it's still about the same it was a month ago. All hardware is working on this device so there's nothing to worry. KitKat binary blobs are a pain with Marshmallow (this device hasn't even received an official Lollipop update) and still figuring out the best hacks around that. Then there's some things that I haven't even bothered to look into yet (SELinux). CM is still working things out (some features missing/not functional, all translations missing, etc). It will be quite some time until official CM13 nightlies even start.

From now on I'll just ignore all posts/PMs/tweets asking ETA for CM13.

Guest KonstaT

Thanks konsta. One question , do you recommend installing the C -Apps , and I also would like to know your opinion about C -Apps?

I haven't even tried installing C-Apps package myself. Just pointed it out because it's been asked and it needs CM12.1 build newer than November 10th according to CM wiki.

Sure, some of it is good (improved AudioFX and Theme Chooser functionality) but there's some redundant bloat I wouldn't want on my device, too. I still personally prefer open source versions of these apps (and would much rather see these versions being open sourced instead, too). Surely C-Apps can be seen as a way to start extending Cyanogen's own service platform that can be turned into profit somewhere in the long run...

Edited by KonstaT

Guest lynxx83

regarding the support of 64GB mSDcards, it seems to work..

I made a backup of my 32GB card which was standard FAT32 formatted before, and reformatted it with exFAT just to try..

data & size were correctly recognized, read/write worked, and it also appears that CWM is able to write backups too, when booting into recovery..

so, I bought a 64GB card, which was already preformatted with exFAT and that seems to work for now, too...

thanks for the new november build, will try it out soon...

Guest alvarogilfalco

Metallist10.

Please, you do not ask more, the software development is slow and he has a personal life and a job.

When the ROM is finished you'll know , stop asking . Please.

• 5 weeks later...
Guest KonstaT
On 12/26/2015 at 8:16 AM, rizk varr said:

I have installed cm12.1 on my v811w . but no ril work on there .. can you fix it ?

Im in Indonesia Region . please help ;) 

thanks and regards 

There's nothing I can do about this as I don't have a dual-SIM device to test with. KitKat RIL blobs don't work with Lollipop dual-SIM implementation (native dual-SIM support was added to Android in Lollipop). I don't know if there's some suitable dual-SIM device with stock Lollipop we could borrow the binary blobs from. I know ZTE hasn't done anything too stupid with the modem/RIL as I already had to update these blobs from another device for Marshmallow.

Edited by KonstaT

• Guest unpinned this topic
Guest salv2014

Hi, I'd like to report some issues with my Zte Open C. I have 3 devices with common problems.

I have SIM card detection broken for the 80% of the times I turn-ON the device. It fails during the startup, so I reboot many times until the sim card will be correctly detected. The detection was greatly improved in the 17.11, but failures are still present. The strange is... the sim card appears to be not detected, but If someone calls me, it appears my phone number is UP.. but I can't see the incoming call. Failures will increase when the battery is not full charged. Another ting.. when the device boots and doesn't detect the sim card, the phone is a little more warmer and the battery will be low in short. Today I used another SIM card to import some sim contacts, then re-insered my original SIM card.. and now it no longer detect my SIM.. I am rebooting a lot of times. My SIM in correctly working on another phone ( another Open C with the ZTE 4.4.2 original Android ). Latest UPDATE: when I charged the battery at 100% my SIM card comes detected again.

Problems with the Camera too. It fails to be detected abouth the 30% of the times. No improvements seen during cyanogenmod releases.

Then.. when I move an app on the SD card, during the next 3-4 device reboots the icon will be removed.

Another ting.. when I have a call and I touch with the ear on the phone, it will make a caos.. my device has not the sensor, so.. how can I freeze my display or having a nice usage like the original ZTE Android version ?

Thanks

Edited by salv2014