[DEV][ROM][24.4.] CyanogenMod 12.1 (Android 5.1.1) for ZTE Open C / Kis 3

Guest KonstaT

Guest Baron1971

Hi,
i have one Question. Where can I adjust the volume of the microphone in the mixer_path.xml?

That is a Question that has nothing todo with the Kis. I have a Xperia ZL with CM12.1, and there the Mic is to loud....

Guest KonstaT

Hi,
i have one Question. Where can I adjust the volume of the microphone in the mixer_path.xml?

That is a Question that has nothing todo with the Kis. I have a Xperia ZL with CM12.1, and there the Mic is to loud....

It fully depends on the use case (phone call, sound recording, etc). Search mixer_paths.xml for 'volume' and you'll get some idea. Check you logcat and see what audio path is used when the mic is too loud.

Guest Amozov

Hi. 1. How to return the equalizer in the application Google play music? 2. There is a proposal. You can do in the next firmware to when I receive an incoming call screen turns off itself. And to do that you can end a call on one of the buttons to the left or right. Thank you in advance. Firmware otherwise works fine.

Guest KonstaT

Hi. 1. How to return the equalizer in the application Google play music? 2. There is a proposal. You can do in the next firmware to when I receive an incoming call screen turns off itself. And to do that you can end a call on one of the buttons to the left or right. Thank you in advance. Firmware otherwise works fine.

1. No idea what you mean with that. Care to elaborate?
2. Open C doesn't have a proximity sensor to turn off the display during calls. There's an option for power button end call in Settings -> Buttons.

Guest micmon

I ran into one problem on the latest build: I do not see the app preview pictures in the app switcher anymore. I see the header bars (for example the gear icon followed by "Settings" and the close button in case of the Settings app) but not the actual content. Besides this the switcher works fine.

Anyone else seeing this problem?

Guest KonstaT

I ran into one problem on the latest build: I do not see the app preview pictures in the app switcher anymore. I see the header bars (for example the gear icon followed by "Settings" and the close button in case of the Settings app) but not the actual content. Besides this the switcher works fine.

Anyone else seeing this problem?

No such problem.

Guest KonstaT

Strange... this is how it looks for me. Not using any mods besides (TK)Gapps.

You have disabled high-end graphics effects. Don't.

Lockscreen and notification area have (IMO much worse) repercussions but this is the one that bothers you? :o

Guest micmon

You have disabled high-end graphics effects. Don't.

I did not change anything in recent weeks... And I don't see any option to disable high-end graphics. Do you mean the one under developer options which says force high end graphics? This one is off on my device.

Guest KonstaT

I did not change anything in recent weeks... And I don't see any option to disable high-end graphics. Do you mean the one under developer options which says force high end graphics? This one is off on my device.

Yes, Settings -> Developer options -> Force high-end graphics and reboot your device. It used to be in performance settings but it was moved when we removed that category.

It's enabled by default so you must have switched it off at some point.

Edited by KonstaT

Guest micmon

Yes, Settings -> Developer options -> Force high-end graphics and reboot your device. It used to be in performance settings but it was moved when we removed that category.

It's enabled by default so you must have switched it off at some point.

Alright, I never realized the performance category was off. However the app preview used to work even in "low graphics" mode.

Guest KonstaT

Alright, I never realized the performance category was off. However the app preview used to work even in "low graphics" mode.

That's very possible. That option is only available on low RAM devices (=512mb of RAM). There's only a handfull of such devices running CM12/CM12.1 so no one really cares if something brakes. UX is simply terrible in 'low gfx' mode anyway so it's been enabled by default even on low RAM devices since the beginning in Lollipop. Might save a couple MBs of RAM but nothing major, at least don't recommend anyone using it. Might be a best to remove the option all together (there's still a system property you could switch).

Edited by KonstaT

• 3 weeks later...
Guest okmikel

Hi,

Cyanogenmod released 12.1 wich includes a patch for all Stagefright bugs at 08/31/2015.

Will you do a new build with this patches included, please? Thanks a lot.

Regards

Mikel

Guest KonstaT

Hi,

Cyanogenmod released 12.1 wich includes a patch for all Stagefright bugs at 08/31/2015.

Will you do a new build with this patches included, please? Thanks a lot.

Regards

Mikel

Stagefright issues have been patched in CM12.1 since July 15th so the latest build is not vulnerable (as it is also listed in the changelog in the second post).

Haven't done any CM builds (for any device) in couple of weeks until today. Will test for few days on my daily driver device before even thinking about releasing anything. There's been some issues reported on other CM devices that might (or might not) be because of upstream changes. Either way, I've done zero work on this device since the last build.

Edited by KonstaT

Guest okmikel

Seen on heise.de right now at the moment the thing about CVE-2015-3864 and CM12.1. They wrote, it is still vulnerable and there will be a patch mid of august for the issue with the faulty google patch.

Thanks for your answer.

Guest KonstaT

Seen on heise.de right now at the moment the thing about CVE-2015-3864 and CM12.1. They wrote, it is still vulnerable and there will be a patch mid of august for the issue with the faulty google patch.

Thanks for your answer.

That's because they fscked up one of the original patches (fix was merged in CM12.1 on August 13th). I doubt that's even exploitable and it's quite trivial anyway considering there's about a billion devices vulnerable to all of them.

Edited by KonstaT

Guest duttyend

New build.

cm-12.1-20150905-UNOFFICIAL-KonstaKANG-kis3.zip
http://www.mediafire.com/?a83khn38aaihvcm
md5:e3b4cfe5f90e7a7ec3b2104b5d45b3f5

-add keymaster firmware for encryption
-patch CVE-2015-1534 in kernel
-patch one more stagefright vulnerability (merged)

Thank you very much KonstaT !!!

My UK Open C is breathing again ! (I had problems previously with brightness that was dimmed and not adjustable anymore, as well as slow overall performance)

Do you think that our device could benefit from those memory tweaks : http://forum.xda-developers.com/galaxy-s3/development/5-1-x-cyanogenmod-12-1-t3066864/post62469285#post62469285

Thank you so much again, and have a nice day ! :-)

Guest duttyend

Already used dlmalloc for quite some time. H space compaction is not something that we should use on this device.

Great that you've already implemented dlmalloc !

What is the concern with H space compaction ?

And can we use KSM feature (very effective on Samsung Galaxy S3 International, but at the cost of losing camera) ?

Edited by duttyend

Guest KonstaT

Great that you've already implemented dlmalloc !

What is the concern with H space compaction ?

And can we use KSM feature (very effective on Samsung Galaxy S3 International, but at the cost of losing camera) ?

Qualcomm tells msm8610 to use dlmalloc.
https://www.codeaurora.org/cgit/quic/la/platform/vendor/qcom/msm8610/commit/?h=LA.BF.1.1.2_rb1.24&id=7465477224ad56effceff066c6898b3b8ee83f92

Nothing tells us to use h space compaction. Actually the only device using it is Nexus 9 tablet that couldn't be further away from this device what comes to hardware. It's 64-bit Nvidia Tegra K1 device with 2gb of RAM. That option has nothing to do with low RAM optimization.
https://github.com/CyanogenMod/android_device_htc_flounder/commit/3a1312c4138e3ade9cf1a6bf01b9012e96fd3df4

I like to stay as close to the reference as possible in what I do (and far away from XDA bullshit and their placebo fixes). Result is usually much better that way. ;)

We've already used KSM and deferred timer since the beginning. It only breaks camera on some devices (depends on the camera libs).

Guest duttyend

Qualcomm tells msm8610 to use dlmalloc.
https://www.codeaurora.org/cgit/quic/la/platform/vendor/qcom/msm8610/commit/?h=LA.BF.1.1.2_rb1.24&id=7465477224ad56effceff066c6898b3b8ee83f92

Nothing tells us to use h space compaction. Actually the only device using it is Nexus 9 tablet that couldn't be further away from this device what comes to hardware. It's 64-bit Nvidia Tegra K1 device with 2gb of RAM. That option has nothing to do with low RAM optimization.
https://github.com/CyanogenMod/android_device_htc_flounder/commit/3a1312c4138e3ade9cf1a6bf01b9012e96fd3df4

I like to stay as close to the reference as possible in what I do (and far away from XDA bullshit and their placebo fixes). Result is usually much better that way. ;)

We've already used KSM and deferred timer since the beginning. It only breaks camera on some devices (depends on the camera libs).

Ok, great, thank you very much for all the information !

Guest ReztaNZ

This ROM is good! Just loaded it onto my Skinny V811. Runs smooth, much faster than the stock rom. Will be testing as my daily driver. Thank you for your hard work!