[DEV][ROM][24.4.] CyanogenMod 12.1 (Android 5.1.1) for ZTE Open C / Kis 3

Guest KonstaT

Guest Kévin Heydens

Hi dear KonstaT, do you know how can I remove app relating to cyanogenmod in order to have something like Android 5.1.1 AOSP (without bugs as possible) ? Thanks you !

Guest KonstaT

Hi dear KonstaT, do you know how can I remove app relating to cyanogenmod in order to have something like Android 5.1.1 AOSP (without bugs as possible) ? Thanks you !

Winzip? :P

There's actually quite little 'bloat' on CyanogenMod (I've already removed some from my builds). There's only a few additional apps (AudioFX, Eleven, File Manager, etc). Most of the CyanogenMod features/options are built as part of the Android framework/settings so there's no easy way to remove them to have something closer to AOSP. Not sure why you'd want to do that anyway.

Guest victormva_

Huh, I have nothing to with any Facebook group?! Storage, memory and zRAM are not the same thing. You're probably confusing these.

You can increase the size of the available internal storage by using a Windows flasher to update to Android (roughly doubles the size of the /data partition - ~1gb to ~1.9gb). You can use e.g. Kernel Adiutor to change the zRAM (compressed RAM) size but I'm not sure why you'd want to do that. Like already discussed, there's no issue with 3D games. Trace your steps and figure out what's causing the problem for you. Lollipop uses ART by default and there's no option to use Dalvik. ART easily outperforms Dalvik in many ways so there's no reason to drag it along. This is Lollipop, if you prefer KitKat - use C

I do to make this partition with flasher windows , you can tell me which program download and as do the procedure please

Guest nstm0

Firstly, thanks for your job. It's very hard to make all things to work stable on devices without supporting of platform-developing team, i know it, 'cause in past, worked on another allwinner a10-device.
But, in main, i writting this post 'cause i found bug(?) in systemui(?) framework.
1.WTF is going on:
- SystemUI going to crashloop after device going to sleep.
2. How to reproduce:
- Play music (any music player that uses api for drawing controls on lock screen) and send device to sleep.

3. How to exit from loop:
- Wait for stopping music playing or kill app from adb.
4. System information:
Latest clean cyanogenmod for today. Recomended TK-Gapps from link in topic post. Install time ~1 day. Device: ZTE Open C, EU version, updated from B2G to KitKat by official guide, and restored NVram manually, 'cause don't make backup. (span me :C)
5. Logcat:

http://pastebin.com/xGhzUT7e
6. Other information may send on demand, if needs.
7. That's all for now. :)

Sorry for grammatic mistakes, i'm from Russia and learn english by himself. C: Thanks again.

Edited by nstm0

Guest KonstaT

Firstly, thanks for your job. It's very hard to make all things to work stable on devices without supporting of platform-developing team, i know it, 'cause in past, worked on another allwinner a10-device.
But, in main, i writting this post 'cause i found bug(?) in systemui(?) framework.
1.WTF is going on:
- SystemUI going to crashloop after device going to sleep.
2. How to reproduce:
- Play music (any music player that uses api for drawing controls on lock screen) and send device to sleep.

3. How to exit from loop:
- Wait for stopping music playing or kill app from adb.
4. System information:
Latest clean cyanogenmod for today. Recomended TK-Gapps from link in topic post. Install time ~1 day. Device: ZTE Open C, EU version, updated from B2G to KitKat by official guide, and restored NVram manually, 'cause don't make backup. (span me :C)
5. Logcat:

http://pastebin.com/xGhzUT7e
6. Other information may send on demand, if needs.
7. That's all for now. :)

Sorry for grammatic mistakes, i'm from Russia and learn english by himself. C: Thanks again.

I'm running a 20150719 build and I can't reproduce such issue. Quite sure I should have noticed that on the release build as well, I use this device as a music player all the time. They just recently rewrote the keyguard visualizer so it's likely an upstream CM issue (looks like the latest release build only has the first change, not the follow up).

At least make sure you haven't unticked 'Force high-end graphics' under Settings->Developer options. I noticed some issues with visualizer on low gfx while we were removing the performance settings.

which i install Android os :

GEN_EU_P821E10V1.0.0B10_FUS_DL:

PSTW_SDT_OPENCEBAY1.0.0B03:

or 

ZTE_OPENC_US

ZTE_OPENC_EU

Errm, use Android flash tool and firmware files to switch to Android and Firefox OS flash tool and firmware files to switch to Firefox OS, of course.

IIRC Venezuelan Open C is the US variant so use the US firmware if need to switch back to Firefox OS. 'Erase CEFS' box also needs to be checked in the flash tool when switching between OS'es.

Aargh. MoDaCo is completely FUBAR at the moment. :(

Edited by KonstaT

Guest PaulOBrien

Let me know if you have any problems with the site KonstaT, there are some batch processes running in the background but it should all be working properly now...

P

Guest nstm0

Ok, thanks. Waiting for upstream changes, if nothing changes, do bug-report to CM.
Also, bug is reproducing with default music player, and lynt (vk.com social app). With Google Music app bug not reproduced for first two hours. I'll see what will happen next and do research for bug dependency.

Edited by nstm0

Guest Baron1971
9.7. changelog:
  • revert volume levels back to the original

Do you have the old Files? I use my Open C in the Car, and the old Version is much louder! ;)

Guest KonstaT

Ok, thanks. Waiting for upstream changes, if nothing changes, do bug-report to CM.
Also, bug is reproducing with default music player, and lynt (vk.com social app). With Google Music app bug not reproduced for first two hours. I'll see what will happen next and do research for bug dependency.

I was saying that it's likely already fixed upstream. Wait for the next build or use a previous build if this bothers you.

Do you have the old Files? I use my Open C in the Car, and the old Version is much louder! ;)

Well, some people thought it was too loud and also reported that there was some distortion/crackling on highest volume levels.

There's previous builds listed in the third post. You could just use /system/etc/mixer_paths.xml from the previous build to revert back to the louder volumes.

Let me know if you have any problems with the site KonstaT, there are some batch processes running in the background but it should all be working properly now...

P

Hi Paul.

Unfortunately still a few issues and it always takes some time to get used to all the new stuff.

• Missing option to remove all formatting from text (used this a lot as my posts are always weirdly formatted for some reason, possibly because of the browser I'm using). There also seems to be a strange spacing between lines in some of my posts.
  • All quotes in previously existing posts don't appear as quoted (same thing for code boxes).
  • Do I have to reattach all screenshots/files to my posts?

Guest PaulOBrien

Hi Paul.

Unfortunately still a few issues and it always takes some time to get used to all the new stuff.

• Missing option to remove all formatting from text (used this a lot as my posts are always weirdly formatted for some reason, possibly because of the browser I'm using). There also seems to be a strange spacing between lines in some of my posts.
  • All quotes in previously existing posts don't appear as quoted (same thing for code boxes).
  • Do I have to reattach all screenshots/files to my posts?

I'll check out the formatting removal tool, it's not something i'm familiar with. :)

With regards to quotes and files etc., there is currently a job running in the background on the server to rebuild all posts. This should be complete by the morning then everything will look normal again. :D

Platform updates (particularly major ones!) always have some pain points, but you should find that things work a lot better now and there are some really nice features coming along that will make the lives of developers and users on the site much better! Big things are in store!

P

Guest ikung

Hi KonstaT and thanks for your job. I flash your cm12.1 build in my kis3 (v811w).  everything worked and smooth utils I insert my sim card.

I have one question about 3G band, I flashed this rom my kis3 have no signal after Insert sim card.

my phone is from Thailand (GSM 900/1800, UMTS 2100/850) I have one sim 850Mhz 3G sim card.

How can I solve this problem, Pls help

thanks again.

Guest KonstaT

Hi KonstaT and thanks for your job. I flash your cm12.1 build in my kis3 (v811w).  everything worked and smooth utils I insert my sim card.

I have one question about 3G band, I flashed this rom my kis3 have no signal after Insert sim card.

my phone is from Thailand (GSM 900/1800, UMTS 2100/850) I have one sim 850Mhz 3G sim card.

How can I solve this problem, Pls help

thanks again.

Please start by reading the first post. Dual-SIM devices are not even supposed to be supported.

Use CM11 if you have a dual-SIM variant (V811W or whatever they call it) and also read the FAQ in the third post of CM11 thread on how to enable dual-SIM features.

Guest Amozov

Thank you for your work. Put it on the ZTE Open C Your latest firmware (CyanogenMod 12.1 (Android 5.1.1)).It works great. only there is a problem. (MicroSD card almost does not work. In applications google play music, google chrome and the other does not want to load up any files. Writes enough space. Applications do not want to transfer to the card, too. Nothing copied on the card can not. Rights Root everything is set.

Guest KonstaT

Thank you for your work. Put it on the ZTE Open C Your latest firmware (CyanogenMod 12.1 (Android 5.1.1)).It works great. only there is a problem. (MicroSD card almost does not work. In applications google play music, google chrome and the other does not want to load up any files. Writes enough space. Applications do not want to transfer to the card, too. Nothing copied on the card can not. Rights Root everything is set.

Never even heard of such problem before. Most likely an issue with your sdcard. Try using a different card.

Edited by KonstaT

Guest Amozov

Install the firmware 731 and other sd card 32 gb. Now everything works fine I am very happy. Thank you. Interestingly this case or in the firmware on the card. Most likely in the map, I suppose.

Guest bseek

Hello,

Installed your latest build on my ZTE Open C (FR). It works great so far. For the record I'm going for something as free as possible, so I didn't flash the gapps, just your CM build and I've been installing apps using F-Droid.

Everything I tried with it worked so far, there's only one thing which seems to fail that's the device encryption. When I try to turn it on, the device reboots and stays on the boot splash (the pulsing CM logo) for hours with no indication of an operation in progress. It claimed it would probably need "more than one hour" so in doubt and without progress feedback I left it plugged to run overnight. It was still in the same state the next morning and after I forcibly restarted the device it booted up just fine, no encryption whatsoever was done to the device.

On the first attempt I noticed I removed the sdcard before starting and you mentioned earlier in this thread that your build assumes an sdcard is present for some features. Fair enough, let's assume it's the case for device encryption too. So I'm through the second try of encryption this time with sdcard plugged in, but that seems to not do much like the previous time (I'll still wait a couple more hours but I'd be surprised if I had a different outcome).

So is it me not being patient enough and on this device I should let it run for a couple of days? The device not being overly powerful.

Or, if it's not a patience issue between the chair and the keyboard, any information I could look for to have an idea what's going on? Somewhat detailed pointers are welcome, I'm rather a noob to the Android and CyanogenMod scene.

Thanks in advance for any help and keep up the good work!

Cheers.

Guest KonstaT

Hello,

Installed your latest build on my ZTE Open C (FR). It works great so far. For the record I'm going for something as free as possible, so I didn't flash the gapps, just your CM build and I've been installing apps using F-Droid.

Everything I tried with it worked so far, there's only one thing which seems to fail that's the device encryption. When I try to turn it on, the device reboots and stays on the boot splash (the pulsing CM logo) for hours with no indication of an operation in progress. It claimed it would probably need "more than one hour" so in doubt and without progress feedback I left it plugged to run overnight. It was still in the same state the next morning and after I forcibly restarted the device it booted up just fine, no encryption whatsoever was done to the device.

On the first attempt I noticed I removed the sdcard before starting and you mentioned earlier in this thread that your build assumes an sdcard is present for some features. Fair enough, let's assume it's the case for device encryption too. So I'm through the second try of encryption this time with sdcard plugged in, but that seems to not do much like the previous time (I'll still wait a couple more hours but I'd be surprised if I had a different outcome).

So is it me not being patient enough and on this device I should let it run for a couple of days? The device not being overly powerful.

Or, if it's not a patience issue between the chair and the keyboard, any information I could look for to have an idea what's going on? Somewhat detailed pointers are welcome, I'm rather a noob to the Android and CyanogenMod scene.

Thanks in advance for any help and keep up the good work!

Cheers.

Logcat would tell exactly what's going on. I haven't tested encryption since very early days of CM12 (we've moved e.g. to SELinux enforcing after that which could cause problems). It's very possible that encrytion is just broken.

It doesn't take nearly an hour but it's still a bit time consuming to test and debug. I've been meaning to do it a few times but then my battery hasn't been charged to full which is required. After an hour or two of charging, haven't felt like doing it anymore. :P

Guest bseek

OK, let's go for logcat. Indeed there seems to be something fishy at the end:

E/QSEECOMAPI: (  164): Error::Cannot open the file /vendor/firmware/keymaster/keymaster.mdt
Looks like missing firmware to initialize the Qualcomm Secure Execution Environment.
Now using adb shell, indeed I can't see any /vendor/firmware directory...

It retries immediately using:
/firmware/image/keymaste.mdt

But I can't list that directory from adb shell it seems, not enough privileges, I guess I would need to get root somehow. Also the file name looks odd, but the mount point uses vfat so I guess the name got pre-emptively cropped to 8 chars to avoid issues.

If you need more or have anything I could try on my end, let me know.

cryptfs-logcat.log

Guest bseek

So after gaining root, I could check inside /firmware/image and the file seems to be there:

root@kis3:/ # ls -l /firmware/image/keymaste.*
-r--r----- system   system        180 2014-05-04 18:53 keymaste.b00
-r--r----- system   system        168 2014-05-04 18:53 keymaste.b01
-r--r----- system   system      17304 2014-05-04 18:53 keymaste.b02
-r--r----- system   system        208 2014-05-04 18:53 keymaste.b03
-r--r----- system   system        348 2014-05-04 18:53 keymaste.mdt
Rights are fairly restrictive but that doesn't surprise me that only the system user could read it as it's kind of sensitive.

Guest bseek

So, after copying the keymaste.* firmware files to /vendor/firmware/keymaster/keymaster.* and trying another encryption attempt it worked!

There was a couple of oddities though:

1. Still no visual feedback regarding the progress of the encryption phase, maybe that's how it is intended I don't know... so I monitored it through adb logcat and could indeed see CrytFs doing its job;
  2. Through adb logcat I still see errors coming from QSEE telling it can't load the keymaster which is kind of odd.

After encryption it rebooted and I indeed had to enter my pin to unlock the data which is good. Also /data is now mounted through a dm device which sounds about right once the partition is encrypted.

So it confirms that the issue is either that /firmware isn't mounted anymore when encryption starts (no idea how to check) or that there's some SELinux rule in the way (but I seem to lack the tooling on the phone to check those or change them, can't find semanage).

Anyway, thanks a lot for the pointers it allowed me to work around the issue. Now I guess you might want to do something about it so that people installing your images don't have to fiddle around like I did. ;-)

If you need further information from me, feel free to ask.