Battery Manager

Guest CountIblis

Guest CountIblis

Given that the Hudl2 battery is not the greatest, I've been using Battery Doctor for a while now but I keep having to kill apps draining the battery every time I turn on the device which is a pain. I've given DU Battery Saver a go a while ago but found it a bit ad-intensive. You can set Battery Saver to auto-kill apps, but I wasn't convinced it was helping.

Can anyone suggest a good app to maximise battery life?

Presumably rooting helps (I believe you can then step the processor down a bit which would help and alleviate how hot it gets as well?), but I'd rather hang on to see if we get Lollipop before I start thinking about that. I recently upgraded my Moto G to Lollipop and found the battery lasts significantly longer, so fingers crossed it comes along at some point.

I've turned off GPS, bluetooth, wifi etc. Any other ideas?

Edited by CountIblis

Guest CountIblis

Thanks - I've already bought the IPEGA PG-9023 based on this guy's page, and I think I've done all the 'remove the bloat' stuff mentioned, but I haven't tried Greenify yet, so I'll give that a go.

Guest speedy99

I have ever always used tasker (not free) on my devices. To control the settings at certain times, ie switch WiFi and sync off over night, change the settings if battery level reaches a set percentage. Try the advanced WiFi settings keep WiFi on during sleep set to only when plugged in.