Weird charging issue

Guest pinky0978

Guest pinky0978

Hi all, don't know what's happened but I plug in my y300 and get no charge animation or notification led. Phone is showing around 50% all the time,not gaining or losing charge when plugged in. I'm scared to unplug in case it runs to zero and won't start up again. Help!

Guest pinky0978

Tried 3 chargers, reinstalled ROM with full wipe, fixed permissions, cleared cache and dalvik, everything I could think of! Battery % seems random, going from 53 to 44 then up to 51 as I'm typing this! Now its 52!? Plugging in will wake the phone too. I would like to clear battery stats but twrp doesn't have the option. Properly stuck here!

Guest Caras69

"To wipe battery in TWRP, do the following:
boot into TWRP recovery
/advanced/File Manager/
folder /data/system/
click batterystats.bin
click Delete
reboot system "

but first,mount data

Guest pinky0978

Thanks, just tried that, no difference. I'm starting to think it's a hardware issue but I don't understand how it could be detecting the charger but still not charging!! Runs fine while plugged in but hovers around the 50% mark. When I unplugged this morning, it dropped to 44% immediately then I used k9 mail for literally 2 minutes and it then hit 13% and gave me a "connect your charger" message. I'm stumped on this one tbh!!

Guest fonz93

Thanks, just tried that, no difference. I'm starting to think it's a hardware issue but I don't understand how it could be detecting the charger but still not charging!! Runs fine while plugged in but hovers around the 50% mark. When I unplugged this morning, it dropped to 44% immediately then I used k9 mail for literally 2 minutes and it then hit 13% and gave me a "connect your charger" message. I'm stumped on this one tbh!!

What about trying a new battery?  it costs 5-10 euros on ebay, it would be worth trying, but if it won't work, then you can be sure that is an hardware problem.

Edited by fonz93

Guest pinky0978

I've got a second y300 here which has a cracked screen so not in use. I've put the battery in that and it's charging fine. I'm going to charge it to 100% then switch it back and see what percentage it reads on my handset, and if it still gives strange percentages.

Guest fonz93

I've got a second y300 here which has a cracked screen so not in use. I've put the battery in that and it's charging fine. I'm going to charge it to 100% then switch it back and see what percentage it reads on my handset, and if it still gives strange percentages.

Can you try to charge the battery again on the other Y300? then type this in the terminal emulator:

su

dmesg > /storage/sdcard0/dmesg.txt

and send it to me? i need to check if it sends the charging voltage output, try charging once plugged into a PC and once with a normal AC charger, i need a log of both cases.

Edited by fonz93

Guest fonz93

Hi Fonz, sent you the dmesg logs, had to copy and paste, couldn't see an option to attach files!

According to your logs, the kernel recognizes the phone as in charge in both cases (USB and AC):

- batt_id_lim_volt=4350

It must be an hardware issue, unfortunately i don't know which one, if you won't be able to solve this problem and if you're a little skilled, you can try to move the screen on the other Y300, there are a lot of tutorials on youtube so it shouldn't be difficult, still is an "expert" procedure anyway.

Edited by fonz93

Guest LotR656

Pinky, when you charge your phone to certain percentage and after that you plug out charger, does battery go down very fast?

Everything what i read, problem is in mini USB port. I had similar problem like you and when i change that part everything was normal. Changing that part will cost you 5€ max and servise will need 2-3 hours to switch it. I was stucked at 4% and you are at 50%. Mini USB port is problem then.

But before you go to servise, try to flash stock ROM. When i say stock i mean from huawei site. Where you need to put files in 'dload' folder. If that doesnt help, problem is in mini USB port. That is common problem for all android devices.

Share your expirience after you fix it. :)

Edited by LotR656