Stock Rom

Guest RobsX2

Guest RobsX2

hey

Basically because i'm a moron, i forgot to back up the original stock ROM before i rooted my hudl2, and now I've removed the Tesco launcher. I cannot get it back.

I just want to know, is there a way to download the stock ROM, and flash it using the stock recovery?

Thanks for any help, but im assuming after a few searches that i'm screwed xD

Guest Jabbitt

There's a post on here somewhere where you can download the latest stock rom image. Can't you use that with tethered recovery to reflash your Hudl2?

EDIT: The stock recovery is a 2gb .img file and you reflash it with ADB and fastboot, I think.

Edited by Jabbitt

Again, as I've explained on another thread - suggest you can reflash one of Paul's rooted system images - this would return the missing Tesco launcher for you, then just reroot if required via the tethered method .......

Paul's newest dated image on his 1st post does flash over the top of a hudl2 that's already been updated by the latest OTA as I've had to do that myself.

Edited by Guest

Guest marcusbirkin

hey

Basically because i'm a moron, i forgot to back up the original stock ROM before i rooted my hudl2, and now I've removed the Tesco launcher. I cannot get it back.

I just want to know, is there a way to download the stock ROM, and flash it using the stock recovery?

Thanks for any help, but im assuming after a few searches that i'm screwed xD

I don't know if this helps, but the launcher can be downloaded from the tesco update server here: https://devicemobiletescocom.blob.core.windows.net/apps-pharaoh/tablet_launcher-v1.2.0-rc4.apk

Guest RobsX2

Thank you for the replies.

Marcus that is the apk for tesco world, not the launcher. but thank you for taking the time to look for me :P