Vodafone Smart ultra 6 (ZTE Blade 6 / 6 Plus rebrand) - £125 Pay as you go

£125 with no topup required, and £3-4 unlock codes from ebay work according to Hotukdeals. This is the best value phone you can buy in the UK right now by a long shot. Reminds me of the Orange San Francisco days.

Internals are the same Pretty much a rebrand of the ZTE Blade 6 and a combination of the Blade 6 Plus, with some minor changes. The Vodafone has a 1080p screen, whereas the 6 and 6 Plus only have 720p screens. Other internals are exactly the same or negligible. Small outer design changes too. Check out the full differences between the 3 phones here:

http://www.gsmarena.com/zte_blade_s6-6954.php

http://www.gsmarena.com/zte_blade_s6_plus-7168.php

http://www.gsmarena.com/vodafone_smart_ultra_6-7313.php 

Vodafone have gone with stock Android. Only negative is I really doubt they will update it beyond the current lollipop.

http://shop.vodafone.co.uk/shop/pay-as-you-go/vodafone-smart-6-ultra-payg/sku86605-grey

Grey/black available now and Silver/white will be available later.

Edited by Guest

Guest KonstaT
Good news is ZTE has already released kernel source code for this device.

Bad news is this device is certainly SIM locked to Vodafone and also very likely has locked bootloader like Blade S6.

There's also couple of other carrier branded Blade S6 variants I'm aware of - Amazing X6 in Taiwan and Turkcell T60 in Turkey.

Guest trueno2k

Wow, it's been a long time since I last posted on this forum, ever since I got my Galaxy S3 and now S5!..

Does this mean that there'll be no custom rom any time soon since it's got a locked bootloader?..

Edited by trueno2k

Guest trueno2k

It's actually a rebrand of the S6 Lux, check it out :)

Don't you mean ZTE Blade S6 Plus?..

EDIT: Never realised this was a thing!.. [emoji14]

Edited by trueno2k

Guest trueno2k

Looks a great device. Any sort of active forums for it anywhere yet? This site seems dead compared to what it used to be!

I had the same thought, what's up with that then?..

Guest Frankish

Get someone in the UK to buy you one and ship it out to you as a gift? I'm sure some people would be willing to do it for a small amount extra to cover costs etc.

Guest lpinho

Just ordered my Vodafone Smart Ultra 6, it should arrive this week.

Is it exactly the same as the ZTE Blade S6 Lux or Plus (buttons, sizes, camera, sizes, etc)? (ignore the dual sim feature)

I would like to buy the screen protection made from tempered glass and I'm wondering if all the ZTE Blade S6 Plus accessories will fit perfectly in its Vodafone counter part.

Thanks for all the help,

L. Pinho

Edited by lpinho

Guest lpinho

Just ordered my Vodafone Smart Ultra 6, it should arrive this week.

Is it exactly the same as the ZTE Blade S6 Lux or Plus (buttons, sizes, camera, sizes, etc)? (ignore the dual sim feature)

I would like to buy the screen protection made from tempered glass and I'm wondering if all the ZTE Blade S6 Plus accessories will fit perfectly in its Vodafone counter part.

Thanks for all the help,

L. Pinho

Hi,

sorry for replying to myself I found a side by side images, and the position of the buttons are different

Even the sensor position on top is different.

post-618395-0-31872500-1436799265_thumb.

Thanks,

L. Pinho

Edited by lpinho

Guest Frankish

Such a shame there doesn't seem much community about this phone yet. Not much going on over on xda either. Can root with king root but no stock rom available for download in case we mess up.