Cases/covers

Guest dalyer

Guest dalyer

Any recommendations on cases/covers for the Coolpad F1?

I was happily using one like this up to recently:

http://www.aliexpress.com/item/High-quality-Toughened-Glass-Back-Cover-And-Aluminum-Frame-Case-For-Coolpad-Dashen-F1-8297-Luxury/32260531624.html

But today at the beach my gf decided to sit on it and cracked the glass (thankfully the screen was OK!).

So for now I'm back to the original white plastic cover which I'm not crazy about.

Just wondering if anybody has any specific case/cover recommendations...

Thanks a lot.

Guest 77chedu

I have a nilkin frosted and I'm pretty happy with it

It has a nice grip, but I bought it on white and the colour has turned into more like a light creme

Guest h3dshot

I recently bought this one.

Cheap and cheerful. Does its job of protecting the phone.

Not as flashy as the one you've linked, but not as expensive either :P

Guest dalyer

OK - maybe I should have been more explicit but perhaps people could post links to the stuff that they're recommending/mentioning! :P

Thanks. 

Having reverted to the original cover I'm beginning to wonder if I should bother with an after market replacement after all.

I generally don't use screen protectors but maybe I'll install the ones that I originally got and never used just in case the gf decides to sit on it again!

At least it might keep a cracked screen together more than without... :D

Edited by dalyer

Guest xeros2

Well, since beginning I'm using cheapest transparent silicone cover (which got already yellow and ugly and I'm also looking for a bit prettier replacement).

It's definitely one of the bests to protect the phone of any accidents as my phone got dropped from very fast bicycle ride to hard ground - it got bounced many times, but fortunately everything is OK, no sign of this accident (not mentioning other smaller drops & sits on it).

I was looking for replacement now as I even can't cleanup this silicone cover and it's making problems with charger connector (I could cut that part from the case but then I think that phone could get dirt in the MicroUSB socket).

I thought about that pretty glass+aluminium frame covers but they are a bit more expensive than the cash that I want to spend on a cover and I'm very worried that I's not too good for phone protection.

So I see some cheaper alternatives that althrough they are a bit more thicker and not as glossy but from first sight look like they give more protection (small frame over the screen & plastic back):

http://www.aliexpress.com/item/F1-Luxury-Ultra-thin-Aluminum-Metal-Acrylic-Glass-Back-Cover-Case-for-Coolpad-F1-8297-Phone/32364631409.html

http://www.aliexpress.com/item/1pc-Luxury-Case-for-Coolpad-F1-8297-5-0-Aluminum-Metal-Frame-PC-Back-2in1-Cover/32374610114.html

http://www.aliexpress.com/item/For-Coolpad-Dazen-F1-Case-Aluminum-Frame-Plastic-Back-Cover-Mobile-Phone-Covers-Protective-Cases-For/32352330278.html

What do you think about them?

Edit: I have bought one of them & I'll share impression when I'll receive it (in around a month).

Edited by xeros2

• 4 weeks later...
Guest xeros2

Finally received it (gold one). It's really awesome (exactly like on photos here):

http://www.aliexpress.com/item/Metal-Aluminum-Transparent-Clear-Acrylic-Hard-Back-Case-For-Coolpad-Dashen-F1-8297-Luxury-Cover-for/32407787508.html

(I have bought it even cheaper from other seller, which had old case in his offer, but I asked does he have this new a'la iPhone 6 and he sent me the one above).

It is really aluminium, back cover is comparable to "tempered glass" (maybe it's not real glass, but at least looks like good quality acrylic), which I bought sometime ago for screen protection.

Buttons work even better than without the cover (and much better usable than in silicone cover), phone fits perfectly, not moving inside, metal frame is a bit higher than screen so looks like screen corners are somewhat protected from accident falling down, but phone is not that much thicker than without this cover (seems to be less thicker than with silicone case).

Feeling of holding the phone in this case is very good, too (despite the back is slippery, but frame doesn't and phone doesn't seem to slip of the hand).

I wear phone in jeans pocket (walking, running, pulling it in & out very often) and having such cover since about a week so far no scratches, but today I have sticked to it metal ring for magnetic additional lens (I have exchangeable telephoto 2x optical zoom, fisheye, wide & macro lens - these are quite nice equipment, too) using super glue (it didn't want to stick using it's own glue) and unfortunately some glue has slopped around so now I'm looking for a way to clean it to make it beauty again (washing liquid, soap, toothpaste, WD-40, hot water... didn't help so far but at least didn't corrupt the back cover, even that I tried to wipe it very hard in many ways).

Anyway, it seems to be best cover that I had so far for any phone.

Just one thing - transparent window for Coolpad logo is like on photo (up) so doesn't match logo on our phones (down side), but it doesn't affect anything and you can put inside there anything you want.

Edited by xeros2

Guest dalyer

Is it not very bulky/thick with that cover which fits over the original back?

I reverted back to the original cover after my glass backed one was broken (see above) and I'm happy enough back with "stock". 

Edited by dalyer

Guest xeros2

Is it not very bulky/thick with that cover which fits over the original back?

I reverted back to the original cover after my glass backed one was broken (see above) and I'm happy enough back with "stock". 

Well, I was concerned about thickness, too, but it's not that thick as I thought.

Anyway, for sure it's thicker than your previous cover (which replaced phone's back), but it's not bad and comparing it with my previous silicone cover or phone without a cover, this one I like the most & it seems that it gives at least some sort of phone protection (can't confirm that yet, unless I'll drop the phone).

Edited by xeros2

Guest bogumil.kamil

Finally received it (gold one). It's really awesome (exactly like on photos here):

http://www.aliexpress.com/item/Metal-Aluminum-Transparent-Clear-Acrylic-Hard-Back-Case-For-Coolpad-Dashen-F1-8297-Luxury-Cover-for/32407787508.html

(I have bought it even cheaper from other seller, which had old case in his offer, but I asked does he have this new a'la iPhone 6 and he sent me the one above).

It is really aluminium, back cover is comparable to "tempered glass" (maybe it's not real glass, but at least looks like good quality acrylic), which I bought sometime ago for screen protection.

Buttons work even better than without the cover (and much better usable than in silicone cover), phone fits perfectly, not moving inside, metal frame is a bit higher than screen so looks like screen corners are somewhat protected from accident falling down, but phone is not that much thicker than without this cover (seems to be less thicker than with silicone case).

Feeling of holding the phone in this case is very good, too (despite the back is slippery, but frame doesn't and phone doesn't seem to slip of the hand).

I wear phone in jeans pocket (walking, running, pulling it in & out very often) and having such cover since about a week so far no scratches, but today I have sticked to it metal ring for magnetic additional lens (I have exchangeable telephoto 2x optical zoom, fisheye, wide & macro lens - these are quite nice equipment, too) using super glue (it didn't want to stick using it's own glue) and unfortunately some glue has slopped around so now I'm looking for a way to clean it to make it beauty again (washing liquid, soap, toothpaste, WD-40, hot water... didn't help so far but at least didn't corrupt the back cover, even that I tried to wipe it very hard in many ways).

Anyway, it seems to be best cover that I had so far for any phone.

Just one thing - transparent window for Coolpad logo is like on photo (up) so doesn't match logo on our phones (down side), but it doesn't affect anything and you can put inside there anything you want.

Hi can you send some real photo of coolpad with this armor cover ;)))

Guest xeros2

Hi can you send some real photo of coolpad with this armor cover ;)))

Sorry, but I can't take a picture of phone with cover.

I don't have any other device with camera with me (besides laptop with very poor 0,3M camera) to make a photo. All I could do is just cover photo without a phone, using F1 after removing it from cover:

http://postimg.org/gallery/lg65x98o/

That metal ring for camera is not from this cover - it's the one that I have glued for use with external lens (and I sill have glue around it, which I'll have to clean).

Originally camera hole looked exactly like on photos from case offer.

Guest dalyer

It looks kind of ugly to me - sorry. 

Especially the external lens ring or whatever it is...

But then again I'm definitely no authority on aesthetics... 

And also, my aforementioned glass backed case might have looked similar if I had photographed it.

And with that several people went "wow!" when they saw it. Until my gf sat on it and broke it.... 

Nobody has gone "wow!" now that I'm back to the "stock" back panel but I'm happy with it. 

Guest xeros2

You're right, I shouldn't try to glue this metal ring - this part is ugly now.

But... anyway, it still looks better than previous ugly silicone case (especially after that it changed it's color).