Hudl2 not reporting battery charge correctly

Guest edgarzz

Guest edgarzz

Hey guys! I've been a lurker on this forum for the past 7 months but hadnt made an account till now, everything that has been said here had been awfully useful and it has been highly appreciated!

Anyway, so I bit the bullet the other week and finally rooted my hudl, I'd been holding off on it due to previously having to flash the ROM. All goes well, installed my usual xposed stuff and its all been fine up until today where my tablet just bombed out. Put it on charge again (admittedly not fully) and its just bombed out again at 31% left apparently. Is there a method of recalibrating the battery or is it likely to be a root issue? 

Thanks for any response in advance :) 

E: I forgot to mention that I am running the most recent update before anyone asks!

Edited by edgarzz

Guest NickFurious

Hey mate, unfortunately I don't have an answer to this, but I have the exact same thing! 
I'm not too sure what 'rooting' means so I don't know if I've done that, but recently it doesn't show the correct battery charge and randomly shuts down. I'll let it charge to 100%, take it off, and a few hours later it'll still say it's 100% (obviously it's not). And occasionally when I'm using it, it'll just say "Power Off, your Hudl is shutting down.". Then it won't turn back on unless I put it back on charge. When I plug it in either the green light will show and it'll say 100%, (either meaning it shouldn't have shut down or it's stuck on 100% or something), or it'll say it's on 0% (despite being on plenty of charge before it shut itself off), obviously meaning a fault with the battery. 
I'm probably gonna return it. I've tried everything and it just keeps doing it.

P.S, my Hudl has been sitting here next to me for at least an hour now and it hasn't gone down a single percent. I bet I'll pick it, start playing a game or something and it'll shut itself off as if it's run out or something. 

Edited by NickFurious

Guest edgarzz

Hey nick!

I actually did manage to fix it earlier, I ended up wiping my tablet which im not sure was really necessary and then draining the battery completely, when it shuts down try and turn it on again and keep doing so till you no longer get any response.  Then you wanna put it on charge and leave it till its full before you turn it on. The weird thing is the battery still reports its voltage and temperature so its a software issue not a hardware one. Let me know how you get on dude!

Guest NickFurious

Cheers dude! What did you do to drain the battery? On mine, the green light will be on (100%), I'll take it off charge, and if it's idle it'll be completely fine, but whenever I try to do something it'll shut itself off, and when I turn it back on it'll show the green light and 100%, so I have no clue what amount of charge it's on really. I'll probably just make a fuss about it at the Customer Service desk and they'll end up giving me a refund xD Thanks for your help mate

Guest edgarzz

Yeah they probably will, I was on the brink of taking it back that then it started working again! :-) Yup the exact same thing happened to me! What I meant you need to do is just keep trying to turn it on even though its powered itself off, because the battery still thinks its full, the OS  will start attempting to boot up again and just die, do this until it's completely dead (should only be once or twice you have to do it) and now when you plug it in the light should go back to red. Dont turn the tablet on and let it reach 100% and then you can turn it on and try it and see if it worked. It worked for me. 

Either way hope you get the issue sorted mate :) good luck!