So who picked one up?

Guest PaulOBrien

Guest PaulOBrien

I have a loaner device from Vodafone and it's pretty great, I may well buy one myself.

Who's taken the plunge? Stock seems limited currently!

P

Guest Frankish

Got mine yesterday. Site said 1-2 weeks for delivery to home or store. I ordered Friday. It got to the store Tuesday while I was working so collected Wednesday. Using online click and collect you can select already have a Vodafone number even though I didn't to bypass the £10 top up they make you buy in store with the phone.

Guest Montala

Ordered one on-line from Vodafone U.K last Saturday and it was delivered (free) to me by by DPD on Monday morning... can't ask for better service than that!

First impressions are very favourable.

Edited by Montala

Guest Northstandhero

Had one for a couple of weeks, unlocked and removed the Vodafone bloat, not had any issues with it everyone whose seen it can't believe it was only £125 on PAYG.

Guest BigD18t

I've had mine for a couple weeks, been really good so far, Only issue i have come across is Youtube 1080p 60fps and 720p 60fps videos will not playback. 

Guest Lee-e

Had one for a few days and am seriously blown away by this phone (for the price).  Normally I buy top end but decided to save a few bucks and go in at the budget end of the market.  I was close to purchasing a MOTO G but saw this and thought I'd take a punt - glad I did!

Guest siofwolves

I got mine last Tuesday, ordered online for a Vodafone store pickup (both of which was a shambles, but that's another story).

Successfully unlocked it to use on PAYG 3, which I have used for many years, all you can eat data :) and yeah for £125 it's great.

Quite a few guys at work have asked, what phones that and I've told them and they're speechless.

Guest macbreakweeklyfan

People, do NOT believe the Vodafone stock checker page; their page (and other support/sales points of contact) is and are useless. On the mobile page it said "1-2 weeks" for ALL stores, then, on the Desktop page, all the stores it had said "1-2 weeks" for, were suddenly IN stock. 10 mins later, all my local stores said "Stock due 5th August"... then I went on "support" chat and he told me they most definitely ARE in stock, then I called the direct sales line, and had the most idiotic answer I've heard yet - "Sir, it doesn't matter if they're in stock or not, as all requests are pre-orders, but we can't check anyway, but I can send one via DPD" ... UhmEhWHAT? My response was as unambiguous as I could get, and trying not to sound rude to the guy "Look, it's really VERY simple - I want to walk into the shop, pay cash, and walk out WITH the phone".

Suffice it to say, I thanked him forcefully (trying not be be offensively sarcastic whilst doing so), and put the phone down, then went to town and bought one. :D

Palm, meet forehead. This is why I stay with "Three" and avoid the other telcos like no tomorrow.

Edited by macbreakweeklyfan
  • Upvote 1

Guest macbreakweeklyfan

"Is that an iPhone 6 Plus"?

P

"Yes, it's the new version which doesn't distort reality OR your wallet, due to its unibody plastic construction technique."

Predictably, my "won't ever consider anything except Apple" friend, complained that "It's a bit cheap and plasticky", which is as silly as complaining that a Starbucks take away cup isn't made of finest bone china. SU6 is not at ALL cheap feeling... except to the bank balance, where it matters. 

Tell you what, you stick to your SIXTY POUNDS PER MONTH iPhone 6+ contract, and I'll stick to my Lumia 640 XL, SU6 and £15 per month "Three" tariff, which actually HAS 3G/4G reception, and UNLIMITED data. What's unbelievable (and idiotic) is that the aforementioned person hasn't been able to receive anything more than GPRS, 80% of the time, since they first had an iPhone, back on the 3G S (coincidentally, on Vodafone)... and they will call me and ask me "Will you Google this for me please?".

So, who's the fool - the flagship stalwart with no service, or those with a canny eye for superb technology & tarriffs at affordable prices?

Edited by macbreakweeklyfan

Guest macbreakweeklyfan

Got mine yesterday. Site said 1-2 weeks for delivery to home or store. I ordered Friday. It got to the store Tuesday while I was working so collected Wednesday. Using online click and collect you can select already have a Vodafone number even though I didn't to bypass the £10 top up they make you buy in store with the phone.

They don't make you buy top up credit; I walked in, paid cash ONLY for the phone, and walked out; no reservation.

Guest Frankish

They don't make you buy top up credit; I walked in, paid cash ONLY for the phone, and walked out; no reservation.

It seems to be pot luck as they are supposed to sell it with a £10 topup I've read varying stuff on the hotuk deals comments.

Guest BigD18t

It seems to be pot luck as they are supposed to sell it with a £10 topup I've read varying stuff on the hotuk deals comments.

I tried to not buy credit but was refused, so had to waste the £10, but it was worth it for a good cheap phone. 

Guest Frankish

That quote is all messed up. My bit was just saying they do mostly force top up payment. You're lucky to get away with not paying if you do.

Guest jonathan bowley

Hello all! Not been around here since my Blade/San Fran days, but happened across a cheeky post recommending the SU6 whilst browsing around. Was looking at the new Moto G 2015 as an upgrade for my wife's ageing Nexus 4, but prices are firmly in the mid range as far as I am concerned - 16gb/2gb the only one worth getting and it's £209! So I ordered the silver/white model yesterday morning and it's arriving in 20 mins via DPD. Cannot wait to rip into it, esp with Xposed! Thanks again for the recommend, the new budget king is here!

Guest ohyesman

LOL - I've been doing some cheeky recommendations for this phone on several moto g threads.... even though I am still yet to buy mine but will be very soon and its replacing my Moto G gen 2. 

I would hold off with xposed atm. Not sure if its because of lollipop (not being properly compatible yet??) or the compatibility with this handset but several people here have experienced slow down and a bit of lag when installed and used. As soon as xposed un-installed its back to being fast and lag free.

Guest ninjacat81

My thoughts exactly on the G, 16GB/2GB being over £200 it's not the bargain it once was!

P

Its been slowly creeping up in price each year, its no longer the budget smartphone king.  I just wish this phone was marketed a bit better and it might gain in popularity and get some support. When I bought mine in the Vodafone shop yesterday they didn't even have one on display so I assumed they had none but I asked anyway, had quite a few out the back in both colours.