Is the Vodafone Smart ultra 6 the new budget champion?

Guest PaulOBrien

Guest PaulOBrien

Snapdragon 615 + 2GB RAM. Thin. Light. 16GB storage. microSD expansion. 5.5" FHD screen. Impressive 13MP camera. 5 Megapixel front facing camera. Available in black and white. Unlocked for under £4. Sounds like a pretty nice device right? How about if I told you that the price for this little beauty was just £125 on PrePay? I think we may well have a new budget champion in the ZTE manufactured Vodafone Smart ultra 6, on sale now.

Of course, for the price, it's not the perfect device - it is a little plasticky, it looks like the bootloader may be locked (although it can be rooted) and future updates are something of an unknown... but with the latest gen Moto G looking like you get less for your money than you have with previous releases, it's interesting to see a new entrant to the low end doing such a sterling job, and from Vodafone too!

Bloatware is minimal and absolutely everything Vodafone can be either uninstalled or disabled, which is rather impressive. Even the branding on the device itself is relatively subtle.

Want to learn more? Head on over to our new Vodafone Smart ultra 6 dedicated forum area! I have one and i'm having a play around with it, if you have any questions, ask away in the forum!

View full item

Guest doncoop

I have zero confidence in this getting any type of update, which is very different from the moto g which will see at least one fix and one major OS upgrade. 

Guest eLJay

Vodafone are going to ring me back when they have fixed their system and can unreserve my phone from stock. Which they reserved so nobody would reserve it while I purchased it. This does not bode well, are they getting worse? Three days and counting for me to try and buy the damn thing.

Guest eLJay

Finally got mine today as they fixed their system error this morning.

A total upgrade from the moto g, a decent compass that works, 4g, unlocked to three as I do not intend to pay what they charge for 4g and need reasonable usage and charges in foreign countries, Also noticed the NFC as well which I wasn't expecting.

This is a very, very impressive phone.

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.