FIXED! Pulse Notifications

Guest ezman

Guest Frankish

Bit of a pointless post but I can't really help as a pulse notification alerted me to this post... I have seen a few posts saying they don't work however they work well for me I love that little blue light.

Guest ezman

Haha, well that is useful to know, at least it works for you, wonder why it doesn't work for everyone if we're all on the same firmware?

Guest ezman

Did you have to install anything else such as lightflow, or should they work 'out of the box'? Really can't understand this. It's pretty much the only flaw I've experiences so far.

Guest BigD18t

Works out of the box, pulses for whatsapp/ emails, pretty much every thing, I have seen on the Vodefone forums others complaining that it only lights during charge. 

Guest Frankish

Dare I suggest a wipe and reinstall? Bit extreme but can't understand why it wouldn't work. I don't use any additional notification apps.

Guest ezman

Ok, it gets a little odder - low battery notification works, I get the circle pulsing blue - so there's no hardware issue here, but something is stopping any other type of notifications through. Is there any ADB magic that can be done to 'flush' the notification preferences - OK, I'm clutching at straws here but it's bugging me that these notifications aren't working.

Just as a recap, this has been the case right out of the box, the notifications have never worked properly for me despite doing a full wipe.

Guest Frankish

Ok, it gets a little odder - low battery notification works, I get the circle pulsing blue - so there's no hardware issue here, but something is stopping any other type of notifications through. Is there any ADB magic that can be done to 'flush' the notification preferences - OK, I'm clutching at straws here but it's bugging me that these notifications aren't working.

Just as a recap, this has been the case right out of the box, the notifications have never worked properly for me despite doing a full wipe.

Clutching at straws myself but when you set up the phone, was it as a new device or did you restore from a google backup when it asked you to do so?

Guest ezman

@NegativeOne Yes they're switched on.

@Frankish - I did a restore from a google backup and I have considered whether that may be it as I can't think of what variables may cause such an issue.

Unlocked - most people I know have unlocked their smart ultra!

Mobile Carrier - this shouldn't make any difference at all

Some weird app - uninstalled any less common ones

Restore from backup - god knows what this does - I was just looking to restore apps but there's other settings it brings over.

So - Frankish - are you thinking wipe and do no restore? 

Guest Frankish

Well now we have custom recovery do a backup. Wipe data and cache. Set up as new device. Text yourself ha ha. See if it works. I was wondering what other settings seem to get restored as I know some passwords wifi etc are backed up I'm sure I remember an issue like this with another device. If they still don't work you can just restore from backup. If they now work we know the cause.

Guest Frankish

I knew I had seen it somewhere! http://m.androidcentral.com/how-fix-moto-g-notification-led Test like I said on a fresh install no restore. I set mine up as a new device.

Guest ezman

Yes! Thanks Frankish, it's FIXED! I took a bit of a risky approach and found a copy of the motorola notification light widget apk on some crazy website, as it's been removed from the play store.

Once I switched that on it's now working :) Phew! Great people on here, 2 probs fixed in 2 days.

Guest Frankish

Boom headshot. :D So I guess not restoring is the way to go with a new phone. That Moto widget isn't really risky or did you have to install it to system partition?

Guest ezman

I thought it was risky because I just found the apk posted on a 3rd party site with no idea that it was the legit widget and not some crazy malicious app. Just installed as normal.

• 4 months later...
Guest kyle.1989

How to fix vodafone ultra 6 notification light. 1 thing you need to no its a google problem not the phone or vodafone's and I no how to fix

you need to factory reset

DO NOT sign into google till the phone has booted and you have skiped all the tutorial's

sign into google by going into

settings../accounts../add account        then follow instructions on screen                                                        but only when the phone has booted Not when it askes you to

Advise:- if you dont wont to lose all your things like messages and call log (etc) download sync droid on your phone from play store and on your pc it works on windows 7,8,10 not sure about mac links are at bottom

For pc

http://www.sync-droid.com/download.html

For play store

https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.syncios.syncdroid&hl=en_

Guest BlueMoonRising
2 hours ago, kyle.1989 said:

How to fix vodafone ultra 6 notification light. 1 thing you need to no its a google problem not the phone or vodafone's and I no how to fix 

you need to factory reset

DO NOT sign into google till the phone has booted and you have skiped all the tutorial's

sign into google by going into

settings../accounts../add account        then follow instructions on screen                                                        but only when the phone has booted Not when it askes you to

Advise:- if you dont wont to lose all your things like messages and call log (etc) download sync droid on your phone from play store and on your pc it works on windows 7,8,10 not sure about mac links are at bottom

For pc

http://www.sync-droid.com/download.html

For play store

https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.syncios.syncdroid&hl=en_

Considering the fact that only 1 person reported a problem (I think) and the solution was to use  the Motorola notification light widget apk (link up top somewhere) your solution seems a little extreme (not to mention late) does it not?