Helpful Tweaks with Root

Guest Frankish

Guest Frankish

Pretty much generic and not device specific but these below build.prop tweaks have been a useful for me so I'm posting them here. If you have any too please share. To use the below I navigated to system folder with ES File Explorer, opened then edited the build.prop. Just add them to the very end of the file. qemu.hw.mainkeys=0 The above adds on screen keys, not really useful on this device but I always add it just in case and change the 0 to a 1 to disable them again. net.tethering.noprovisioning=true The above was a godsend for me. It will allow tethering on most networks when it's detected initially. Without the above line tethering took me to a Three page saying I need to purchase an add on to tether. Add that line and reboot. Boom tethering worked. debug.sf.nobootanimation=1 Disable the Vodafone boot animation without deleting the file using the above build.prop line.

Urgh I spaced all that out to be easy to read and tapatalk just destroys it.

Guest NegativeOne

Pretty much generic and not device specific but these below build.prop tweaks have been a useful for me so I'm posting them here. If you have any too please share. To use the below I navigated to system folder with ES File Explorer, opened then edited the build.prop. Just add them to the very end of the file. qemu.hw.mainkeys=0 The above adds on screen keys, not really useful on this device but I always add it just in case and change the 0 to a 1 to disable them again. net.tethering.noprovisioning=true The above was a godsend for me. It will allow tethering on most networks when it's detected initially. Without the above line tethering took me to a Three page saying I need to purchase an add on to tether. Add that line and reboot. Boom tethering worked. debug.sf.nobootanimation=1 Disable the Vodafone boot animation without deleting the file using the above build.prop line.

Urgh I spaced all that out to be easy to read and tapatalk just destroys it.

Going to try the on screen keys, you don't happen to know a way of switching off the lights on the buttons do you?

Guest Frankish

Going to try the on screen keys, you don't happen to know a way of switching off the lights on the buttons do you?

Err... Display settings? Touchkey lights duration... Always off??? It's possible to totally disable the front hardware keys too so you don't actually press them. Combined with the lights always being off and on screen nav its like they never existed.