Guest PaulOBrien

Guest eLJay

Have ASDA got the specs wrong?

They have it as...

Camera: 8MP Primary, 2MP Secondary. Memory: Internal 8GB

Whereas the review quotes...

13-megapixel camera, 16GB of storage

Guest neilmasters

Just been to all three Birmingham stores. Corporation Street had it available but only in grey, High St had 1 left but only in silver, Bullring had none of either. So, the stock checker is massively inaccurate.

Sadly, they were forcing you to buy a £10 top up with the phone in Corporation St, so I declined the offer. I have it ordered for in store delivery to the Bullring (ordered on Monday, 2-4 days delivery), but after the horror stories that I've heard on here I don't expect that to be particularly straightforward.

Guest Frankish

Have ASDA got the specs wrong?

They have it as...

Camera: 8MP Primary, 2MP Secondary. Memory: Internal 8GB

Whereas the review quotes...

13-megapixel camera, 16GB of storage

Yeah they have it wrong. Good old Asda ha ha.

Guest macbreakweeklyfan
As a reviewer and engineer myself, I find it absolutely inexcusable that something as utterly simple as the correct specifications for an item, could be posted ERRONEOUSLY. There are multiple sources for the specs of almost any mobile phone, online - there are absolutely no excuses, except perhaps the excuses of sheer laziness and/or incompetence. I think the problem is this "rush-rush-next-next-next!" society we live in, where everything has to be done in 3 mins, and no one can wait, and as a result, stupid errors are made far more often.

Even Vodafone have their specs wrong - they list it as having Lollipop 5.1 on all their promotional material

Yes indeed, I forgot that. If they can't get something so utterly obvious right, then why should I trust them to run the network properly? 

Guest eLJay

Is anyone actually intending on staying on Vodafone?

I know I certainly wouldn't after the fiasco I had with them and a data dongle.

I might just order a black one from ASDA instead. At least they are competent as box shifters.

Guest eLJay

Damn out of stock at ASDA, and I would prefer the black one too.

Though I suspect that ASDA white = Vodafone Silver and ASDA black = Vodafone Grey.

Edited by eLJay
So I'm not posting extra facts in a new post

Guest Frankish

I know ASDA pretty well... Without saying too much most of the ones i've visited are a little err slow at getting new stuff on the shelf and the colleagues who work there do NOT have the product knowledge to spot these things when they come into store.

Guest dj9928

Inventory checker is wrong or im not doing it right. It tells me all my local stores available to collect tomorrow. I go in do the order it checks again 1-2 weeks

Guest macbreakweeklyfan

Inventory checker is wrong or im not doing it right. It tells me all my local stores available to collect tomorrow. I go in do the order it checks again 1-2 weeks

Ignore that crappy tool, it may as well not exist. 

I bit the bullet and was able to get one on Saturday from Lincoln Vodafone even though every other store seemed to be out.

Unlocked it, bunged their sim in my moto g, went to dublin, watched it run out of credit within a day or so.

I'm on three, pity I can't tether abroad.