Problem after rooting

Guest Redparrot

Guest Redparrot

Hi, I wasn't sure whether to start a new topic or post my problem here, but my my problem/s with the phone started when I tried rooting using this method so I'll post it here and if I am asked to start a new topic I'll do that.

I rooted with Kingroot and then checked with Root Checker which confirmed I had root. Then I downloaded and ran SuperSUMe. The device then rebooted and I checked again for root, this time it said I didn't have root. Also I'm now getting "storage space running out" messages although I have over 10 GB of space, and apps are crashing. Play store said it wasn't installed so I downloaded it from apkmirror.com and sideloaded it. The play store then works for a while, but I can't update or install new apps, instead I get the error 504.  The play store gives the error that it isn't installed after a while and I have to clear the cache, force close it and reboot the phone to get it back.

I only wanted root so I could use Adaway, and now I seem to have messed it right up. :-(

Help please!  Any advice on how I can fix this will be gratefully received.

Guest Frankish

If you don't have any really important data you can download the stock rom from the thread Paul posted and flash that in standard recovery and start again.

Similar to your problem up to the root disappearing i had to re-root with Kingroot again then opened Kingroot to confirm i had root. Rebooted and then ran SuperSume.

The thing is i had a similar problem as you and it seemed to be caused by not rebooting between rooting with Kingroot and then running SuperSume.

Did you reboot before running SuperSume???

Guest Redparrot

I split it to a new topic for you!

This sounds like a permissions issue - I would advise a factory reset.

P

Thanks, Paul.

I've done the factory data reset twice.  It hasn't helped.

Guest Redparrot

If you don't have any really important data you can download the stock rom from the thread Paul posted and flash that in standard recovery and start again.

Similar to your problem up to the root disappearing i had to re-root with Kingroot again then opened Kingroot to confirm i had root. Rebooted and then ran SuperSume.

The thing is i had a similar problem as you and it seemed to be caused by not rebooting between rooting with Kingroot and then running SuperSume.

Did you reboot before running SuperSume???

Hi Frankish,

No I didn't reboot between running Kingroot and SuperSUMe.

As I've nothing to lose I'll do full factory reset.  The only problem being I haven't a clue how to do it. :-(

Is there a tutorial that you know of that could help me?

Guest Frankish

I've done it on my Zte Blade Mini Q it's identical process so if you get stuck just get in touch with me. But it's as simple as download file, extract if it's not already just an Update.zip, place on root of internal sd card.

Boot into standard recovery using volume up and power. Use volume buttons to navigate to apply update.zip and power button to confirm.

If we had a working custom recovery we could have used that to fix permissions ha ha!

Guest Frankish

It's really easy mate once you have done it once. For some reason it definitely requires a reboot between confirmation of root then running SuperSume.

Guest Redparrot

After a bit of hit and miss I've done it! 

Booting into recovery took a bit of working out. Where I was going wrong was not letting go off the buttons soon enough. I found that I had to release the buttons before the menu come up.

Then I found that putting the update.zip on the internal storage was wrong, at least for me.  I put the file on an sd card and then I could find it on the recovery menu.

After successfully flashing the rom I rooted using Kingroot and SuperSUMe, but this time I rebooted between them.

It's all working again.

Thank you so much, Paul and Frankish, for all your help and patience with me.