1.0.0B03 to 1.0.0B13 (MR01b) OTA URL / details

Guest PaulOBrien

Guest PaulOBrien

A OTA is available for the Su6!

The ~41MB update is a delta from 1.0.0B03 to 1.0.0B13 (displayed on device as MR01b) and can be downloaded directly from the ZTE servers.

The changelog states:

Good news! Vodafone have a new software update available for your device with many improvements and enhancements. This update includes improved MS Exchange behaviour, additional text input prediction dictionaries, improved stability and performance, and much more.

I've installed a 'special' recovery for my device that lets me simulate completely stock to apply the OTA (and check root), but gives me a way to recover if root is blocked. 

Update is a zip format and is patching individual files rather than the system image, it's small but it changes quite a lot!

P

Edited by PaulOBrien

• PaulOBrien changed the title to 1.0.0B03 to 1.0.0B13 (MR01b) OTA URL / details
Guest ImMarkey

I've just received this update from Vodafone. I'm surprised as it's the first phone I've had from them that's been updated.

Just need Android 5.1 next but probably asking too much.

Edited by ImMarkey

Guest PaulOBrien

Just for fun, I tried downgrading to the stock package we have now from the newer version... which worked fine. So as long as we keep a copy of the original update around, I see no reason why we ever won't be able to root! Gets better and better eh! 

P

Guest VenâncioFerreira

I doubt the OTA will, the base version might. I would imagine as it's a 'VDF-995' it'd be OK. Can't be sure though!

P

But if someone makes a custom rom, like CM12.1, it will work with every country version?

Guest Lee-e

After the update, I got confirmation that everything went smoothly, left phone on charge for a bit, come back with blue notification light flashing, but I can't access phone.  Just a black screen.  Power button and double tap can't wake phone.  I've held down the power button to attempt a force restart, but nothing.  

Any ideas?

Guest Lee-e

Someone on another forum has had the same,holding  Volume not sure which, and the  power button got it going again. 

Thanks, but that doesn't work.  Just stays black with blue notification light flashing.  Think I'm screwed.

Guest macbreakweeklyfan

Hello :)

Just got this phone today; Corrrr, bloomin' Nora, what a smashing phone! I'll be doing a direct comparison to my gorgeous girl, the Lumia 640 XL, soon, but I always like to enter comparisons and to buy new phones with an open mind.

All round hardcore geek here, years of cross platform command line experience. Shout if you need another helper.

Guest macbreakweeklyfan

I've been "ls'ing" and grepping for ages; could someone tell me where the OTA file resides for this update? Not in /data/data or in /cache 

:(

Thanks. :)

Guest LiNe171

After the update, I got confirmation that everything went smoothly, left phone on charge for a bit, come back with blue notification light flashing, but I can't access phone.  Just a black screen.  Power button and double tap can't wake phone.  I've held down the power button to attempt a force restart, but nothing.  

Any ideas?

You need to activate double tap again. The update deactivates it.

Guest macbreakweeklyfan

You need to activate double tap again. The update deactivates it.

Yes indeed; my friend complained of that. It's a bit silly really, allowing an OTA to meddle with the user's prefs. Doh!

Guest LiNe171

Hi guys - so what's the procedure for updating if already rooted?

You need to download the version for your country on ZTE Devices, put it on your sdcard, go to Update tab on Definitions on Phone ofc, and choose "Offline Update" then choose the update.zip ( Just put the folder update.zip on sdcard ).

After that just download and install update normally.

Edited by LiNe171