1.0.0B03 to 1.0.0B13 (MR01b) OTA URL / details

Guest PaulOBrien

Guest LiNe171

I've just done a check for updates and it hasn't found anything... should I try and install manually?

Here's my status screen: http://i.imgur.com/ApiDNix.jpg

Doesn't appear nothing on Online Update? Strange..

Try on sdcard update, i think you can download it on zte devices.

Edited by LiNe171

Guest whispers

Oh, of course = ofc.. xD

I see. Well, ofc it doesn't work - "No update package found on storage."

We are talking about the .up file linked above? And putting it in the SD card root?

Guest Frankish

Yeah I was confused at first and just tried to open the .up with 7-zip and it looked like a standard update zip so literally just renamed the end to .zip

Guest whispers

Hmm, just renamed it to .zip and it still can't seem to find it on internal or external SD...

Are you going in through settings/about phone/software updates?

Edited by whispers
added a bit

Guest ohyesman

Just wondering, as previous 2 phones were sim free, does the update only work ota if using a Vodafone sim or would you still get the update if you unlocked and were using O2 for example?

Guest macbreakweeklyfan

Just wondering, as previous 2 phones were sim free, does the update only work ota if using a Vodafone sim or would you still get the update if you unlocked and were using O2 for example?

Software update mechanisms are absolutely nothing to do with a SIM being present or not, nor which provider the SIM is.

Guest whispers

Nah stock recovery and selected it manually. Think it was on my external SD.

When I tried that, I get this:

Finding update package...

Opening update package...

Verifying update package...

Installing update...

Verifying current system...

"/system/bin/install-recovery.sh" has unexpected contents. E:Abnormal exit, path: /sideload/package.zip, status: 7

So now I don't know whether I've installed it properly or not. Anyone else get this output?

Guest icecosta

Well i have reinstalled the original rom from zte, and now the ota update doesn´t appears ?!

It says already has the most recente software, my version is pt02c

Guest whispers

You need to flash the old version first, then download and install the newest.

And you can't have root.

What old version are you talking about? The stock firmware linked from the ZTE site? Isn't that the same firmware I already have?

Guest whispers

Or download the update file and sideload it on via adb.

Can you give any instructions as to how you achieved this? I can't even get my PCs to recognise this phone in USB debugging mode - no drivers found. Tried pointing it at plain Google drivers - it won't use them. Tried universal cloclworkmod drivers - it won't use them.

Guest icecosta

Yes he is talking about the stock firmware from Zte, if you rooted the phone the only way to install the update from the carrier is to reinstall the original firmware from zte, and for what i understand after flashing the original rom, then you need to performe the update from the ota, the problema with mine is that after flashing the stock firmware there is no update to install, why there isn´t one is the answer i would like to know, any help?

Guest Frankish

It didn't appear for me either but Paul posted a link to download it directly from ZTEs servers. Rename to .zip and put it on your SD card and all works. You do need to reinstall the original stock ROM first to removed all root traces.

@whispers You just need to install standard Nexus adb drivers.